League Cup - The Dawson Derby, The Andy Reid Looking In A Fridge For The Last Pork Pie Parade, Conte's 45 Minute Wonders. ON WEDNESDAY AT 19:45!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was initially gutted that we didn't have enough points to go this one, but now I'm sort of relieved. The game today has drained me, and the players probably feel the same. This is the perfect opportunity to give the second string some much needed game time, most of them must have so many splinters in their backsides from sitting on the bench.

I was initially gutted that we didn't have enough points to go this one, but now I'm sort of relieved. The game today has drained me, and the players probably feel the same. This is the perfect opportunity to give the second string some much needed game time, most of them must have so many splinters in their backsides from sitting on the bench.
How many points did you need to get tickets for this? I always thought midweek league cup games were the types of matches where you build up your points total.

It's a league Cup game. Try some shit give some players a chance nobody really gives a fuck about this competition. For me it's more valuable to see if somebody like spence or gil or sarr can offer something to this side. Also try a back 4 ffs.

I’d like to win and get to the next round, it’s our best chance of winning a trophy but I do agree we need a certain amount of rotation just not enough to throw the game

How many points did you need to get tickets for this? I always thought midweek league cup games were the types of matches where you build up your points total.
Yes , we were surprised too, think it was 328, we were about 10 short. We went to Wolves, Burnley and Boro last season, and Man U this. Also qualified for Rangers and Sporting. Suppose a lot of people thought the same, what will annoy me is that there are people who have no intention of going, who applied and they will sell their ticket.

I’d like to win and get to the next round, it’s our best chance of winning a trophy but I do agree we need a certain amount of rotation just not enough to throw the game

When you look at who needs game time; I'm quite calm about the quality involved........

Skipp
Sarr
Gil
Kulu
(Richy?)
Forster

The irony is that the one everyone is hankering to see (Spence) might not get a sniff unless Conte is hellbent on starving Doherty of starts for no apparent reason (not starting him today was completely inexplicable!).

Don't see the point in rotating the CBs.....

Forster
Dier / Lenglet / Davies
Doherty / Sarr / Skipp / Bissouma / Sess
Kulu / Gil
EDIT: In fact, I'd be tempted to play Kane too...... Not concerned with saving players for the WC... That's for Gary to worry about.

Last edited:
Do fans not want to win a trophy? The players do and it is the attitude that we play the back up players that is behind this poor record. There is only 1 match left before the World Cup and therefore any rest will mainly benefit their Country. With the injuries up front, Kane must play.
Some rotation but we cannot play loads of players that have not played together and expect anything different to the defeats in the Conference last season. Fans must have short memories if they cannot remember those disasters. Realistically the 2 domestic cups are the only realistic chances of winning a trophy and we cannot afford to throw 1 of those chances away by resting most of the team.
we need a strong starting 11 and to turn up in the 1st half and not a weak starting 11 and send the first 11 players on in the 2 nd half to try and rescue it again.
I would rather win this match than the Leeds one as we will get more chances to pick up points but lose Wednesday and that is it for another season.

When you look at who needs game time; I'm quite calm about the quality involved........

Skipp
Sarr
Gil
Kulu
(Richy?)
Forster

The irony is that the one everyone is hankering to see (Spence) might not get a sniff unless Conte is hellbent on starving Doherty of starts for no apparent reason (not starting him today was completely inexplicable!).

Don't see the point in rotating the CBs.....

Forster
Dier / Lenglet / Davies
Doherty / Sarr / Skipp / Bissouma / Sess
Kulu / Gil
EDIT: In fact, I'd be tempted to play Kane too...... Not concerned with saving players for the WC... That's for Gary to worry about.

Forester in goal
I think Sanchez will start in defence with two of Langlet/Dier/Davies/Tanganga depending on who Conte wants for Saturday with Doherty and Sessengon as the wing backs.
Midfield Skipp and Bissouma should play maybe with Sarr depending on the formation??
Up top Lucas, Gill and Kane if Richarlison is not fit?? With Deki having another 20 min cameo getting him ready for Saturday

Spence starts, hopefully has an absolute blinder.
Pray I Hope GIF

Back
Top Bottom