Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like trippier but he's more close to being on naughton level than on walker's level. Walker is on another dimension as footballer. If he leaves and trippier is the first choice something is wrong

I think people forget how poor walker and rose were pre-poch. There was no way they looked like first choice England fullbacks or best in their position in the league.

Walker will go, and Poch will put his weight behind making the next person just as good (if not better). That might be Trips, or it might be another lad.

Walker is 4/11 to move to City now (which means £1 would return £1.36 for non-betting folk), so it's as good as announced imo. Only question is how much coin. Our lot seem to be thinking that anything less than £50m is a disappointment, their lot think anything more than £35m is too much.

Last edited:
I think people forget how poor walker and rose were pre-poch. There was no way they look like first choice England fullbacks or best in their position in the league.

Walker will go, and Poch will put his weight behind making the next person just as good (if not better). That might be Trips, or it might be another lad.

Walker is 4/11 to move to City now (which means £1 would return £1.36 for non-betting folk), so it's as good as announced imo. Only question is how much coin. Our lot seem to be thinking that anything less than £50m is a disappointment, their lot think anything more than £35m is too much.

Selling an English player to a rival desperate for English talent should be no less than 50 mill

Anything less than that and i'll be disappointed. His contract isn't up till 2021.

Pay the fuck up

Selling an English player to a rival desperate for English talent should be no less than 50 mill

Anything less than that and i'll be disappointed. His contract isn't up till 2021.

Pay the fuck up
Indeed, this is an unintended and unwanted consequence of trying to stop crazy spending over the development English talent. We may as well try to profit from it as much as possible if this is how unimaginative teams of underachieving galacticos like Man City are going to operate now. If rich clubs are simply going to lift other teams' squads every few years the rules need to be changed again.

I think people forget how poor walker and rose were pre-poch. There was no way they look like first choice England fullbacks or best in their position in the league.

Walker and Rose were not poor. Walker was England's right back, was named in team of tournament in Euro's whilst Poch was still managing Southampton. Rose was wrongly vilified by Spurs fans (highly rated by non-Spurs fans, Sunderland's player of the year) mainly never forgiving him and pre-judged ever since for his Cryuff turn on the halfway line against Woolwich.

Hmmm Walker was fantastic with Redknapp. And played a little worse in the AVB era. Its not like he was a disgrace like Rose was before Pochettino

Levy will be handling the negotiations, so I fully expect £65m and Aguero thrown in.

Pay the fuck up

If I'm Levy:

- Contract: 2021
- English (They need homegrown)
- Best in his position in the league
- Direct Rival
- Stones = £50m as a prospect.... (On that basis they can have Trippier for £50m instead! : P )
- KW is top level BUT has yet to peak

"£70m or do one"

They'd splash that much on some fancy Euro jobby with no EPL-experience without a second thought. Show us how much you want him, oil-cunts!

Yo 'experts', how many top level RBs are realistically available this summer...?

I think people forget how poor walker and rose were pre-poch.
There was no way they look like first choice England fullbacks or best in their position in the league.

Think that reflects harshly.

KW was never faultless, but was already young player of the year and knocking on the door for a permanent England spot (vs Clyne). Poch improved Walker sure, he's didn't 'make' him.

DR... The progress is a bit more startling and may be more directly attributed to Poch, but can't say I shared the rather scathing opinion of Danny that many here did early doors. Many forget he debuted as a winger for us, not a FB, so was a bit behind in his 'defensive development', but by the time he came back from Sunderland the hope was sewn that he'd at least make the grade for us...

Walker and Rose were not poor. Walker was England's right back, was named in team of tournament in Euro's whilst Poch was still managing Southampton. Rose was wrongly vilified by Spurs fans (highly rated by non-Spurs fans, Sunderland's player of the year) mainly never forgiving him and pre-judged ever since for his Cryuff turn on the halfway line against Woolwich.

Have you got Alzheimer's? The Euros were a year ago and Walker wasn't in the squad for the one 2012 tournament and Pochettino was still at Espanyol then anyway.

And Rose had a tough time for getting a red against Villa which many thought cost us a CL place that season. He was kind of thrown into the position by Redknapp and it was under O'Neill's tutelage he first showed promise.

My error, before Poch was Spurs manager then, point is exactly the same though. Walker was England's right back and was highly regarded.

Only Euros Kyle played in was 2016. You're probably on about the youth ones, which were in 2011 (before he'd barely kicked a ball for us)

Back
Top Bottom