Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes but Saints lose their players every year and yet come back just as strong. Long as we get £60 million for say Walker (with Levy that is realistic) we have already nearly funded getting Zaha, Sessengnon, Barkley etc

Simply long as we get our players on long terms deals and Walker is on one, we will get crazy fees and I trust Pochettino to use it to get 2-4 players each time to make us even stronger.

Dele and Kane I want to keep obviously but they would be stupid fees, if Pogba is £90 million then Dele is £150 million, we could get Bernardo Silva, Lamar and Tielemans for just one player.

We keep our players on long deals and keep Pochettino our team will keep growing regardless of the particular individuals at the time. Pochettino is the one I dread leaving.

The issue is not about generating transfer funds. The problem in wage structure
If Barkley or Zaha cost 30-40 mils, we dun need to sell Walker to fund the move. But if these players ask for 200k week,other players will be very unhappy

Walker is not a newcomer and he was in the team for a very long time, if he is stupid enough till now to understand that he will earn much less in Spurs than other teams, then I have nothing to say...

These rumours came out when we are playing the best football in the league and we are "still" in the title race in May, you know...

No evidence at all that any of this is true but if he goes it'll be for mega money and most likely abroad. We will then have money to spend, and imo Trippier is a more than adequate replacement. I think he'll stay though, personally (imo)

How about we keep all our important players and just add to the squad?
How about the fans actually trust what's going on?

Player trading and having a fantastic manger getting the best out of individuals and an ethic of the collective has got us to this point. I expect this formula to continue. Time and time again the manger has been at pains to say we are different form those around us, we are doing it differently because we have to.

“It's important for us. Since 2014 we have been building a different project. We have very different projects."

These players played under Poch were sold for fortunes and have been shit away from his management:
Schniederlin, Shaw, Lovren & Fonte (remembre them being the best CB pairing in Prem under Poch, sound familiar?), Chambers, Clyne, Wanyama (is still great because he remains under Poch), Lambert, Rodreguiz, Lallana (is the only player performing at the same level under Poch. but taken him two years).

Has Poch still not got your trust or faith? What does he has to do for you to trust him?

Player trading and having a fantastic manger getting the best out of individuals and an ethic of the collective has got us to this point. I expect this formula to continue. Time and time again the manger has been at pains to say we are different form those around us, we are doing it differently because we have to.

“It's important for us. Since 2014 we have been building a different project. We have very different projects."

These players played under Poch were sold for fortunes and have been shit away from his management:
Schniederlin, Shaw, Lovren & Fonte (remembre them being the best CB pairing in Prem under Poch, sound familiar?), Chambers, Clyne, Wanyama (is still great because he remains under Poch), Lambert, Rodreguiz, Lallana (is the only player performing at the same level under Poch. but taken him two years).

Has Poch still not got your trust or faith? What does he has to do for you to trust him?
that's a long list of players who have under performed as soon as they leave Poch. Reminded me of how Brian Clough's players alot of the time just didnt reproduce elsewhere. Birtles, Burns spring to mind.

I'd be surprised if Walker was as good elsewhere. He's improved hugely over last 2 seasons. If it's Citeh we're talking about, Guardiola has never set up a defence in his life. Avoid. Maureen at Manure I could understand, but theyve already got a defence.

If Walker starts at Wet Spam on that big pitch, I'd expect the journo stories to move on to another target (Alli, Kane, you know, the usual suspects).

that's a long list of players who have under performed as soon as they leave Poch. Reminded me of how Brian Clough's players alot of the time just didnt reproduce elsewhere. Birtles, Burns spring to mind.

I'd be surprised if Walker was as good elsewhere. He's improved hugely over last 2 seasons. If it's Citeh we're talking about, Guardiola has never set up a defence in his life. Avoid. Maureen at Manure I could understand, but theyve already got a defence.

If Walker starts at Wet Spam on that big pitch, I'd expect the journo stories to move on to another target (Alli, Kane, you know, the usual suspects).
I have always rated Walker, even before Poch was here and always got into arguments over Spurs fans giving him a hard time. If he went to Citeh I think he would still be a great FB (thinking of Alves under Pep). What Poch has made better is his positioning/decision making, for example this season alone he has made two or three clearances off the line where he read the situation and dropped back to the line rather than get drawn to the ball. These are just a couple of examples but very different from previously seen.

Like you I think he will start against West Ham and he will be bombing up and down the line. If not then Pitt-Broke's story has serious legs.

What in Gods green earth are you talking about?

Of course Poch has my trust and faith but i would rather we kept our best players and added to the squad. Comparing this to the southampton situation is just plain silly as southampton were a midtable club who had little to no choice when the big clubs came circuling.

Walker has been exceptionally improved in terms of defence, and his overlaps are still far better than Trippier's but his final ball remains questionable. I'd be sad to see him leave, but if it's for the rumoured £40m+ then we'd find an adequate replacement.

What in Gods green earth are you talking about?

Of course Poch has my trust and faith but i would rather we kept our best players and added to the squad. Comparing this to the southampton situation is just plain silly as southampton were a midtable club who had little to no choice when the big clubs came circuling.
I'm not comparing us to Southampton read my post again. And drop the condescending tone fella.

Walker has been exceptionally improved in terms of defence, and his overlaps are still far better than Trippier's but his final ball remains questionable. I'd be sad to see him leave, but if it's for the rumoured £40m+ then we'd find an adequate replacement.
IMO Walkers final ball is better than Trippiers. Trippier rarely finds a Spurs player. Walker doesn't do the Hollywood ball, he has great success in getting to the by-line and cutting it back, usually for Eriksen to do something special with it. Or he does what Rose and Davies does which is to take on the oppo fullback by coming inside and into the box.

I'm not comparing us to Southampton read my post again. And drop the condescending tone fella.
I read your post and it still makes no sense.

What Poch said in 2014 is completley irrelevant and shouldn't/doesn't apply to us now. Back then (like Southampton) we were a 6th placed team with aspirations to challenge for the top 4....that is completley different to what our goals are now so naturally our philosophy changes. Sell talented/proven players in the hope that we can unearth a gem for a quarter of the price has NEVER been the philosophy for any top team challenging for honours.

I read your post and it still makes no sense.

What Poch said in 2014 is completley irrelevant and shouldn't/doesn't apply to us now. Back then (like Southampton) we were a 6th placed team with aspirations to challenge for the top 4....that us completley different to what our goals are now so naturally our philosophy changes. Sell talented/proven players in the hope that we can unearth a gem for a quarter of the price has NEVER been the philosophy for any top team challenging for honours.
This quotes were about two weeks ago fella!

If he goes for the big money than there's nothing we can do about it, this type of player is in demand everywhere. Esp with dominating teams who like to use bombing/overlapping wingbacks

I am however not that confident as many on here about Trippier, for me there's a serious gap in quality between him and Walker. But Poch will probably turn him into a world class wingback by the end of October.

This quotes were about two weeks ago fella!
Ok fair enough but those quotes are not very clear as to what it is he is actually refering too. I assume he is saying that we don't have the finances of the 'big' teams so therefore we will stick to buying young players with the potential of being world stars. I doubt very much he is implying we will sell our important players and use that money to unearth gems.

Back
Top Bottom