Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tbf Kyle never made a huge fuss or sulk. He conducted himself pretty admirably despite all the rumours. Of our starting 11, he would have been the 11th on my list of people I wanted to retain, and there are others outside the 1st XI who I would want to keep hold of before him (Son, Lamela, Winks and perhaps even Janssen for starters).

So farewell Kyle - good luck in your career as a highly paid bench warmer at your next club, just please don't come back to haunt us!

I disagree. his performances were poor, especially in the West ham game. He was rightly dropped and subbed. This all after he was tapped up...

I disagree. his performances were poor, especially in the West ham game. He was rightly dropped and subbed. This all after he was tapped up...
Fair enouh - you're entitled to your opinion but I thought the whole side underperformed against West Ham. We've not had any public tantrums, and even when confronted by fans in holiday he didn't let on. I think he has treated us with respect and I don't blame him for wanting to line his pockets. Come on, if someone offered to treble your wages would you tell them to do one?

Fair enouh - you're entitled to your opinion but I thought the whole side underperformed against West Ham. We've not had any public tantrums, and even when confronted by fans in holiday he didn't let on. I think he has treated us with respect and I don't blame him for wanting to line his pockets. Come on, if someone offered to treble your wages would you tell them to do one?

He was awfully pathetic against Crystal Palace too - said it before but it was probably one of, if not his worst game for the club.

I'd say he was our best player against WH (no one played well) what little threat we gave them, it all went through Walker, no one else created a thing. Yes, they targeted the space behind him but it was a tactic to have him play so high that didn't work, gaffer got that wrong (he was never instructed to drop) nothing to do with the player.

I'd say he was our best player against WH (no one played well) what little threat we gave them, it all went through Walker, no one else created a thing. Yes, they targeted the space behind him but it was a tactic to have him play so high that didn't work, gaffer got that wrong (he was never instructed to drop) nothing to do with the player.

Come on, he was shit against West Ham, pathetic.

Now that's constructive, what's the point of posting an opposing view when you offer nothing to back it up, fascinating.

West Ham 1 Tottenham Hotspur 0: Manuel Lanzini deals Hammer blow to Spurs' Premier League title hopes
Before that Lanzini, set free by Andre Ayew, possibly in his best game for West Ham, had dragged a low shot wide and Bilic certainly appeared intent on exploiting the space this big pitch afforded when Kyle Walker – recalled in place of Kieran Trippier and appearing out-of-sorts amid the interest in him from Manchester City – constantly pushed forward.

West Ham 1-0 Tottenham: Manuel Lanzini goal shatters Spurs' title hopes
Player ratings
West Ham: Adrian (8), Fonte (7), Reid (7), Collins (7), Byram (7), Kouyate (7), Noble (7), Cresswell (7), Lanzini (8), Ayew (7), Calleri (7)
Subs: Snodgrass (NA), Fletcher (NA), Fernandes (NA)
Tottenham: Lloris (6), Walker (4), Alderweireld (5), Vertonghen (5), Davies (5), Dier (6), Wanyama (6), Son (5), Eriksen (5), Alli (5), Kane (5)
Subs: Dembele (5), Janssen (5), Trippier (NA)
Man of the match: Manuel Lanzini

How do Spurs deal with the Kyle Walker enigma after woeful night?
How do Spurs deal with the Kyle Walker enigma after woeful West Ham display?
It all fits with the narrative. At the end of a week which has seen stories circulating from all quarters suggesting that he might be leaving Tottenham Hotspur for pastures richer/more likely to be filled with trophies, Kyle Walker had one of his worst games of the season.
Correlation does not necessarily mean causation. Put Walker's name into your social media portal of choice on Friday evening, and you will see assorted giddy types with Spurs players as their avatars and part of their usernames declaring him to be a shirker, a wantaway disgrace, and anyway it doesn't matter if he's leaving because he isn't any good anyway. But it doesn't definitively follow that, because stories have emerged linking Walker with a move, that this was the reason for a ropey night's work. These things happen, and the timing could simply be unfortunate.
Still, this was, to put things mildly, a rather eccentric performance by Walker. In the opening 20 minutes he pointlessly booted the ball into touch under minimal pressure, got booked for a spicy lunge on Manuel Lanzini, and generally looked like a man with other things on his mind. His passing was unpredictable, he went forwards when he should have gone back and back when he should've gone forwards.

There were a couple of superb balls in amongst the mediocrity, but this was at best an inconsistent evening. If a single performance was going to put anyone off paying north of £35million for a player, this was it.
etc

Let him leave: Tottenham fans react on Twitter to Kyle Walker's performance against West Ham

Manchester City fans react on Twitter to Kyle Walker display against West Ham

West Ham 1 Tottenham Hotspur 0: Manuel Lanzini deals Hammer blow to Spurs' Premier League title hopes
Before that Lanzini, set free by Andre Ayew, possibly in his best game for West Ham, had dragged a low shot wide and Bilic certainly appeared intent on exploiting the space this big pitch afforded when Kyle Walker – recalled in place of Kieran Trippier and appearing out-of-sorts amid the interest in him from Manchester City – constantly pushed forward.

West Ham 1-0 Tottenham: Manuel Lanzini goal shatters Spurs' title hopes
Player ratings
West Ham: Adrian (8), Fonte (7), Reid (7), Collins (7), Byram (7), Kouyate (7), Noble (7), Cresswell (7), Lanzini (8), Ayew (7), Calleri (7)
Subs: Snodgrass (NA), Fletcher (NA), Fernandes (NA)
Tottenham: Lloris (6), Walker (4), Alderweireld (5), Vertonghen (5), Davies (5), Dier (6), Wanyama (6), Son (5), Eriksen (5), Alli (5), Kane (5)
Subs: Dembele (5), Janssen (5), Trippier (NA)
Man of the match: Manuel Lanzini

How do Spurs deal with the Kyle Walker enigma after woeful night?
How do Spurs deal with the Kyle Walker enigma after woeful West Ham display?
It all fits with the narrative. At the end of a week which has seen stories circulating from all quarters suggesting that he might be leaving Tottenham Hotspur for pastures richer/more likely to be filled with trophies, Kyle Walker had one of his worst games of the season.
Correlation does not necessarily mean causation. Put Walker's name into your social media portal of choice on Friday evening, and you will see assorted giddy types with Spurs players as their avatars and part of their usernames declaring him to be a shirker, a wantaway disgrace, and anyway it doesn't matter if he's leaving because he isn't any good anyway. But it doesn't definitively follow that, because stories have emerged linking Walker with a move, that this was the reason for a ropey night's work. These things happen, and the timing could simply be unfortunate.
Still, this was, to put things mildly, a rather eccentric performance by Walker. In the opening 20 minutes he pointlessly booted the ball into touch under minimal pressure, got booked for a spicy lunge on Manuel Lanzini, and generally looked like a man with other things on his mind. His passing was unpredictable, he went forwards when he should have gone back and back when he should've gone forwards.

There were a couple of superb balls in amongst the mediocrity, but this was at best an inconsistent evening. If a single performance was going to put anyone off paying north of £35million for a player, this was it.
etc

Let him leave: Tottenham fans react on Twitter to Kyle Walker's performance against West Ham

Manchester City fans react on Twitter to Kyle Walker display against West Ham
So you have absolutely no opinion of your own.

I'm more than aware of what was said after the game, I was alive at the time and I watched the game. My post covered the space behind him, that was Poch's problem nothing to do with the player, Poch could have told him to drop off or instruct a midfield to drop into that space, following the tactics of the manager. Take that out and he was the best player of a bad lot.

So you have absolutely no opinion of your own.

I'm more than aware of what was said after the game, I was alive at the time and I watched the game. My post covered the space behind him, that was Poch's problem nothing to do with the player, Poch could have told him to drop off or instruct a midfield to drop into that space, following the tactics of the manager. Take that out and he was the best player of a bad lot.

So everyone else blames Walker and you blame Poch? How do you know Poch didn't tell him to do just that? Maybe that performance and Walker's inability to do what Poch asked was the final nail in Walker's time with us?

Walker was shit that game, absolute garbage, everyone i watched the game with got angry with his abject performance. His head had gone and to blame Poch is just laughable.

You have some obscure reasons on why he either didn't play shit or why he is/was better than Trippier.

-If we take out the reason he was shit and hey presto ..... he wasn't really that shit.

-Walker can't cross and Trippier can..... no worries Walker doesn't need to be able to cross, his electrifying place means he can run forward and pass the short ball better than Trippier to Eriksen to cross the ball.

:D

So everyone else blames Walker and you blame Poch? How do you know Poch didn't tell him to do just that? Maybe that performance and Walker's inability to do what Poch asked was the final nail in Walker's time with us?

Walker was shit that game, absolute garbage, everyone i watched the game with got angry with his abject performance. His head had gone and to blame Poch is just laughable.

You have some obscure reasons on why he either didn't play shit or why he is/was better than Trippier.

-If we take out the reason he was shit and hey presto ..... he wasn't really that shit.

-Walker can't cross and Trippier can..... no worries Walker doesn't need to be able to cross, his electrifying place means he can run forward and pass the short ball better than Trippier to Eriksen to cross the ball.

:D
Because I've been watching him establish himself as THE BEST RB in the league for the past 2 years. During this time he has displayed that he knows where to fucking stand on a football pitch, specifically how to dominate the oppo left flank. Playing so high up the pitch is/was a tactical decision and those things called tactics are the responsibility of the manager. But to cut you some slack, let's say Walker was ignoring (for the first time in three years!!) what the manager had told him to do, why the fuck did the Manager not call him over and whisper gently into his ear hole and say "I say old chap, it would be jolly decent of you to just not push up so high, these rotters are onto us and are exploiting the space that you have left behind, so if you wouldn't mind not pushing up so high, there's a good amigo"? The last time I checked the manager can scream, shout, point and tell the players what they are supposed to do, you know erm manage. Mind you it was played at the London stadium, the bench is miles away and I guess he couldn't be heard. By the time halftime came around he was unable to speak because he was shouting so much and he lost his voice and was unable communicate with the players so he thought as you were.
I fail to see what is so obscure about that. Furthermore, if his head had gone then why the fuck was he selected to play? That would have to be another cross against the manager, as it's his job to get the players up for the game and select the best team to win the game, that would also include the mental state of the player. Seen many a player dropped because "his head isn't right". So I'm afraid even your logic points back to the manager.

Walker is fucking miles better than Trippier, not sure how anyone can even begin to say otherwise, just count the number of games he has played compared to Walker, you don't need to be able to analyse a game to see he isn't as good by virtue Walker plays more games. I wonder why Citeh didn't spunk a World record fee on Trippier? In fact they let him go! Still, it must mean their scouting system is shite.

Stick to HITC articles for your analysis mate. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom