Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Freuds, he's a City player now. He'll be doing his level best to beat us and spoil our weekends. Not for me I'm afraid. "Tottenham till I die"? Thick, Yorkshire mug - even City fans don't believe him, and there's no dimmer set of fans than them. Most of them are American teenagers who joined bluemoon in 2014 and spell defence 'defense' that's how you can tell.

Hope you're well, and that the Everest attempt goes smoothly. Stock up on Loperamide, that's the mistake I made when I attempted it, and I didn't get further than Lukla. Cheers F!
I suppose I guess I don't want to immediately dislike a player who I now miss. I know it's odd, he's a professional footballer and all. I'm sure any emotion I feel towards his departure will dissipate in the coming hours and I won't follow his career or anything and will only hope for the worst except when it comes to City to play the likes of Woolwich and Chelsea.

Defence with an 'S' ;) - I don't see how you can't love them? They're the simple guy whose simplicity makes them endearing.

I'm well if not just a bit tired. I think you must be mixing me up with someone else with regards to Everest. I am not brave enough to have ever considered it. It's impressive to have even tried it. I hope you're keeping well.

Lets look at the facts here;

Did the manager want to keep him - No
Was the player first choice in his position - Probably not.
Was the player willing to fight for his place - No
Is £54m a fair price - It's about £25m too much.
Can the money be better utilised in other areas - Yes
Does this make us a selling club - No it was a no brainer as £54m for arguably a 2nd choice defender is ridiculous

Come on we would have been mad to turn it down ( as long as we spend the money wisely )

Tbf Kyle never made a huge fuss or sulk. He conducted himself pretty admirably despite all the rumours. Of our starting 11, he would have been the 11th on my list of people I wanted to retain, and there are others outside the 1st XI who I would want to keep hold of before him (Son, Lamela, Winks and perhaps even Janssen for starters).

So farewell Kyle - good luck in your career as a highly paid bench warmer at your next club, just please don't come back to haunt us!

Sorry if it's already been posted, but saw these had riled up the Citeh fans

(You know, the ones who said he was average and overpriced until the second they'd signed him)

Ah Mrs P you have long been absent. welcome back

anyway if Walker is value at 53mil than surely Danny Rose would be in around 70mil (all of Kyle's good qualities along with a footballing brain)

Was in Malta week before last, and then had to get my lap top serviced. Also had to catch up on Emmerdale last week :)

DEwfAdXXcAAuzyp.jpg:large

Does this make us a selling club - No it was a no brainer as £54m for arguably a 2nd choice defender is ridiculous

Come on we would have been mad to turn it down ( as long as we spend the money wisely )
You been on holiday in your caravan?

Not sure he was 2nd choice until he was injured and had his head turned by city. But yes let's see what we do with the money. Have to replace him but also another player preferably a pacey right winger

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom