Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quite good debut from KWP. I like this guy, although I would feel better with Trippier against Chelski. I don't think, that he's ready against the big teams. On the other hand, if the play against us, like they did against Burnley...
:dembelelol:

Getting motm is exactly what the guy needs. Will be a huge confidence boost going into the next game.
Sky actually doing us a favour with that one.

Being clinical, I really can't see past it being a narrative-award though: in a similar fashion to Kyle Walker getting it yesterday against Brighton. Surely Eriksen, contributing with two assists, did more to deserve MotM today?

Regardless, happy for Walker-Peters and as you said it will only help his development. Thought he looked more and more solid as the game went on (and not simply due to playing against ten men).

It was probably the most convincing performance from the young players that Poch has blooded. He (as in Pochettino) gets respect for playing young players in the first team but frequently they clearly just do not look up to scratch to me and drag us down, but you can't be too harsh on them because it's not their fault they're inexperienced. Walker-Peters today was miles better. I dunno how he would do against a better side, though. I'm not saying he is now first name on the team sheet or owt.

sammyspurs sammyspurs regarding our conversation about it being weird to not sign a RB if he's not ready..

"No, maybe my English still needs to improve (laughs). Maybe I just want to explain to you that after Kieran Trippier's injury at Wembley last week we did not want to put all the pressure on him," he said.

"Maybe we need to go step by step with him. He is so young and I tried to avoid that, because only in my mind he was nearly 99% to play today. But if I told you he would play it's a massive pressure on him and sometimes to avoid that."

"For him it was fantastic to have the week training and knowing that he may have the possibility to play. Yesterday when I told him that he would play I think he was calm and ready because the pre-season was fantastic for him. To play in different games, tough games against Manchester City, Juventus or Roma or PSG.

Adorable. He's like a protective father.

I thought KWP was flattered to get MOM award. I would have given it to Eriksen.
He's still a boy and defensively a little suspect. Almost gave away a penalty. He's okay though but still a 'prospect'. Will he play against Chelsea?

Solid performance.

Got beaten by Atsu a few times and his crosses were mostly wasted but for a 20 year old's debut in a title fighting team, it was a solid performance and he'll only get better. I don't think he was man of the match, but I imagine him being a youngster, keeping a cleansheet and being on the winning team meant the commentators had that soft spot and it's a nice moment for him.
Just had a sift through the match thread - you made a good point about Dembele's positioning as regards KWP. It definitely looked like Poch told him to keep an eye on him.

Great debut btw and class by Poch to trust him.

Played well, not an easy environment to step into. Made some mistakes, but improved as the match went on. Good for him to get the time in, might challenge Trippier later in the season or next year.

Back
Top Bottom