King Ledley - I've got something to offer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Leds has plenty of knowledge he can pass on...who knows, maybe he could talk AVB out of zonal-marking at corners!

I always wonder about players like King, his was such a natural talent - could he really pass it on?
The better managers seem to the be less gifted players, people who had to really learn and think and work at football.

Those that just had it as a gift never had to do that, so it must be difficult for them to impart it on others.

Naturally I hope this isnt the case with the King!

I always wonder about players like King, his was such a natural talent - could he really pass it on?
The better managers seem to the be less gifted players, people who had to really learn and think and work at football.

Those that just had it as a gift never had to do that, so it must be difficult for them to impart it on others.

Naturally I hope this isnt the case with the King!
I would normally be hesitant to disagree with that... However, whenever King played, his partner would raise their level. This wasn't just because of the compliment of having such a good player next to them, but in the same way that Naybet nurtured King, King nurtured every single player he played alongside. They remain focused, made less errors, positioned themselves better... He is a true leader of men, not just focused on his own game he would lead a line like a Boss. I cannot wait to see him take a step into management as I think he will develop to understand the subtleties of management.

He is Ledley Brenton King, all others are just fat Gerrards.

I think I remember Ledley saying how, during his recovery periods or when he was out for an extended amount of time, he would just watch football and learn about the players and their movement, and how he had to adjust his game and be more clever in his positioning to compensate for his injury. I think the guy taught himself a lot, and could hopefully pass on some of that knowledge.

I think I remember Ledley saying how, during his recovery periods or when he was out for an extended amount of time, he would just watch football and learn about the players and their movement, and how he had to adjust his game and be more clever in his positioning to compensate for his injury. I think the guy taught himself a lot, and could hopefully pass on some of that knowledge.
Saw this too. Think he will be a very good defensive coach, not so sure on management but I can see him becoming a fantastic coach.

79054085-25th-february-1986-jerusalem-israel-englands-gettyimages.jpg

Wow, didn't know that. Wonder what he shoved in the wall?

I actually remember when that photo made the papers!!!

....as a side-note, and for what it's worth;
....when I was over there myself (aged 14, on some mis-guided, post-Barmitzvah Israeli Pilgrimage) I wished I wished I WISHED I could be 5'4" (at 14, that was still quite an aspiration for me)
...I wrote it down, and shoved it into the Wall.... 26 years later, I'm STILL fucking 5'4"!!!!

It may have got me several years' worth of Kids' TV work... But be careful what you wish for fellow Yiddos!!!
I'm stuck down here at 5'4", looking up at the rest of ya's... and there's fuck all I can do about it now!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom