King Kane vs Farmer Lewandowski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm constantly getting into somewhat heated debates on Facebook with foaming at the mouth Poles, Bayern fans from all over the world (most of them glory hunting helmets) and basically kids who know as much about footy than I do about Coronation Street in regards to who is better or even if they are on the same sort of level. Lewandowski fanboys still generally insist that he's on a completely different level to Harry Kane.

Without being biased for bias sake, can anyone here make a genuine case for Lewandowski to be the better player of the two? By player I mean overall game, not just their goal-scoring record and/or finishing.

I've made my feelings known before that I rate Harry as the better player of the two, and by a fair distance. Lewandowski is neat and tidy enough, but other than his finishing and wonderful movement I don't think he's a superb player. He's just elite at what he's actually good at. Whereas Kane is superb in many areas.

And before someone mentions their respective records, you can't not pretend that Robert doesn't play in a much easier league and for a team that generally creates far, far more than we have and do.

Thoughts? :kaneear:

"Without being biased for bias sake, can anyone here make a genuine case for Lewandowski to be the better player of the two? By player I mean overall game, not just their goal-scoring record and/or finishing."

No.

End thread

:kaneshh:

Lewa always looks a fine player to me, he’s more than a tap in merchant. Big, presence and great touch.

Kane’s vision and all round play are better

Why do you care what some Polish blockhead on £100 per week thinks?

I'm constantly getting into somewhat heated debates on Facebook with foaming at the mouth Poles, Bayern fans from all over the world (most of them glory hunting helmets) and basically kids who know as much about footy than I do about Coronation Street in regards to who is better or even if they are on the same sort of level. Lewandowski fanboys still generally insist that he's on a completely different level to Harry Kane.

Without being biased for bias sake, can anyone here make a genuine case for Lewandowski to be the better player of the two? By player I mean overall game, not just their goal-scoring record and/or finishing.

I've made my feelings known before that I rate Harry as the better player of the two, and by a fair distance. Lewandowski is neat and tidy enough, but other than his finishing and wonderful movement I don't think he's a superb player. He's just elite at what he's actually good at. Whereas Kane is superb in many areas.

And before someone mentions their respective records, you can't not pretend that Robert doesn't play in a much easier league and for a team that generally creates far, far more than we have and do.

My initial thoughts are why the hell would you waste your time arguing with cretins on FB mate ?

Facebook comments are almost as bad as Youtube Comments , complete drivel

Stick Kane in at BM for the last 5 years and there would be no debate to have..... His numbers would be just as insane but with more assists.

Kane hands down.

Lewandowski is an incredible striker, and his CL record is outrageously good so the farmers league stuff doesn't wash. He's better in the air than Kane, more physically dominant, better at pressing, and a superior finisher. Also better at making his own chances, although this is somewhat to do with the fact Kane drops deeper. He's a brilliant pure goal-scorer but also an excellent footballer who has learned from Klopp and Guardiola. A perfect striker.

Better than Kane? I think they're different. Kane's passing range is what sets him apart from other CF's, it's pretty ludicrous that he's got the passing range of De Bruyne as a striker. But Robert has loads to his game aside from goals (and honestly even if it was just goals, his record is staggering) so think you're doing him a disservice on that one. He's the higher profile player so don't blame the football world as a whole for rating him more highly, if Kane wasn't a Spurs player most of us would be saying the same.

Lewandowski is an incredible striker, and his CL record is outrageously good so the farmers league stuff doesn't wash. He's better in the air than Kane, more physically dominant, better at pressing, and a superior finisher. Also better at making his own chances, although this is somewhat to do with the fact Kane drops deeper. He's a brilliant pure goal-scorer but also an excellent footballer who has learned from Klopp and Guardiola. A perfect striker.

Better than Kane? I think they're different. Kane's passing range is what sets him apart from other CF's, it's pretty ludicrous that he's got the passing range of De Bruyne as a striker. But Robert has loads to his game aside from goals (and honestly even if it was just goals, his record is staggering) so think you're doing him a disservice on that one. He's the higher profile player so don't blame the football world as a whole for rating him more highly, if Kane wasn't a Spurs player most of us would be saying the same.

Bayern are constantly one of the top two or three teams in the world, and they often get drawn against some truly pants sides until the later rounds. I'm not taking any goal away from him, the same as I think people shouldn't with Kane. But that's just it. I think a lot of people compare their records and also what they've won and come to the conclusion that he's better or on a different level from those. But for me that's not how it works.

Despite what we might do for one or two games, without Kane over a full season our level would drop considerably. Put any other top quality forward up front for Bayern and I don't think theirs would whatsoever. Certainly not in the Bundesliga which is where he obviously plays the majority of his games.

Stick Kane in at BM for the last 5 years and there would be no debate to have..... His numbers would be just as insane but with more assists.

Kane hands down.

Hyperbole. Lewa bagged 41 goals in 28 games with 7 assists in 20/21. In 19/20 he got 15 goals and 5 assists in 10 CL games. There's no way Kane could be putting up numbers which would make it not a debate, because those are close to Messi/Ronaldo numbers.

Lewandowski's elite. 2nd only to Suarez as best CF of his generation.

Kane is possibly the better player overall. Thing is, Lewandudski doesnt play for a crap counter attacking team. So there isnt much need for him to drop back and then play balls in the obvious spaces that counter attacking teams get.

Still people are getting overexcited after games vs leeds and everton who have both lost 6 out of last 7 PL games. He was very good vs city too but between those game were wolves, burnley and middlesborough where he wasnt anything special at all.

Im just glad he seems to have turned around what looked like a really bad decline for the first half of the season.

I can be an argumentative prick.
Fair enough lol

For what it's worth , Kane will never receive the recognition that he deserves because he has spent the last 7 years with a team that's allergic to silverware

Whereas Lewandowski has been in the polar opposite position. They are both exceptional players but I'd rather have Kane all day long

Bayern are constantly one of the top two or three teams in the world, and they often get drawn against some truly pants sides until the later rounds. I'm not taking any goal away from him, the same as I think people shouldn't with Kane. But that's just it. I think a lot of people compare their records and also what they've won and come to the conclusion from those. But for me that's not how it works.

Despite what we might do for one or two games, without Kane over a full season our level would drop considerably. Put any other top quality forward up front for Bayern and I don't think theirs would whatsoever.

Bayern are a great side. But his record dwarfs a lot of strikers who also played for great sides. In the CL he's scored 10 against Barcelona and Madrid, 3 against Chelsea, and a whole bunch against the likes of Atletico, PSG, City etc. I honestly think the only elite side he hasn't scored against is Liverpool, so when it comes to big games against big sides, he bags.

Bayern would miss Lewandowski a lot. They're an elite side with elite depth so not as much as we'd miss Kane, but it would be almost impossible to replace him. He's got absolutely everything you need to be a perfect modern CF.

No, we would not.

Kane is possibly the better player overall. Thing is, Lewandudski doesnt play for a crap counter attacking team. So there isnt much need for him to drop back and then play balls in the obvious spaces that counter attacking teams get.

Still people are getting overexcited after games vs leeds and everton who have both lost 6 out of last 7 PL games. He was very good vs city too but between those game were wolves, burnley and middlesborough where he wasnt anything special at all.

Im just glad he seems to have turned around what looked like a really bad decline for the first half of the season.

Yeah but Lewandowski has some genuinely shit games too. He might still score a goal in many of them, but that's because he might have had four, five or six chances against the equivalent of Bournemouth.

Bayern are a great side. But his record dwarfs a lot of strikers who also played for great sides. In the CL he's scored 10 against Barcelona and Madrid, 3 against Chelsea, and a whole bunch against the likes of Atletico, PSG, City etc. I honestly think the only elite side he hasn't scored against is Liverpool, so when it comes to big games against big sides, he bags.

Bayern would miss Lewandowski a lot. They're an elite side with elite depth so not as much as we'd miss Kane, but it would be almost impossible to replace him. He's got absolutely everything you need to be a perfect modern CF.

Yeah but I'm not trying to argue against him being an elite goal-scorer. That's exactly what he is.

But as an overall player, footballing ability, for me there's a clear winner, and it's not the Pole.

I’m as big of a Kane fanboy as there is here, but Lewandowski is on another level still.

It was a scandal he didn’t get the Ballon D’or in 2020, it was a scandal he didn’t get it in 2021, and it will be a scandal if he doesn’t get it in 2022. Best player in the world.

Fair enough lol

For what it's worth , Kane will never receive the recognition that he deserves because he has spent the last 7 years with a team that's allergic to silverware

Whereas Lewandowski has been in the polar opposite position. They are both exceptional players but I'd rather have Kane all day long

I really don't know why some fans are obsessed with what players have won. By that logic it would mean that the Neville brothers were better than 80% of all footballers in Europe.

I’m as big of a Kane fanboy as there is here, but Lewandowski is on another level still.

It was a scandal he didn’t get the Ballon D’or in 2020, it was a scandal he didn’t get it in 2021, and it will be a scandal if he doesn’t get it in 2022. Best player in the world.

Were you born in Krakow?

Back
Top Bottom