King Kane vs Farmer Lewandowski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Without being biased for bias sake, can anyone here make a genuine case for Lewandowski to be the better player of the two? By player I mean overall game, not just their goal-scoring record and/or finishing."

No.

End thread

:kaneshh:

Lewandowski is an incredible striker, and his CL record is outrageously good so the farmers league stuff doesn't wash. He's better in the air than Kane, more physically dominant, better at pressing, and a superior finisher. Also better at making his own chances, although this is somewhat to do with the fact Kane drops deeper. He's a brilliant pure goal-scorer but also an excellent footballer who has learned from Klopp and Guardiola. A perfect striker.

Better than Kane? I think they're different. Kane's passing range is what sets him apart from other CF's, it's pretty ludicrous that he's got the passing range of De Bruyne as a striker. But Robert has loads to his game aside from goals (and honestly even if it was just goals, his record is staggering) so think you're doing him a disservice on that one. He's the higher profile player so don't blame the football world as a whole for rating him more highly, if Kane wasn't a Spurs player most of us would be saying the same.

I can be an argumentative prick.
Fair enough lol

For what it's worth , Kane will never receive the recognition that he deserves because he has spent the last 7 years with a team that's allergic to silverware

Whereas Lewandowski has been in the polar opposite position. They are both exceptional players but I'd rather have Kane all day long

Tough comparison as Lewandowski has played for 12 years in the Bundesliga which for all intents and purposes is a weaker league, particularly at the lower end, for the second best club for 4 years, and the best club for 8. Kane has played for 8 years nearly with a club who were top 3 in a much stronger league for 3 years, 4th-6th for another 3 and 7th last season.

So yes, we could say that Lewandowski’s goal stats look better because of his situation, but equally we could say that Kane has had to use his all round game far more because of his situation. What can, however, be agreed on is that both have incredible goal records compared to what most others would’ve achieved in their circumstances.

For me, even removing bias, I do prefer Kane merely because I think he can do pretty much everything Lewandowski can do, but I prefer watching him play. He’s an absolute joy to watch when he pulls off some of the outrageous things he does, and I’ve not really seen Lewandowski show similar. Again though, that’s caveated by the fact that Lewandowski hasn’t necessarily needed to.

Swap the players around. Would lewa do here what he does at bayern? absolutely not. Could kane do at bayern what he does here? Absolutely and more.

I'm constantly getting into somewhat heated debates on Facebook with foaming at the mouth Poles, Bayern fans from all over the world (most of them glory hunting helmets) and basically kids who know as much about footy than I do about Coronation Street in regards to who is better or even if they are on the same sort of level. Lewandowski fanboys still generally insist that he's on a completely different level to Harry Kane.

Without being biased for bias sake, can anyone here make a genuine case for Lewandowski to be the better player of the two? By player I mean overall game, not just their goal-scoring record and/or finishing.

I've made my feelings known before that I rate Harry as the better player of the two, and by a fair distance. Lewandowski is neat and tidy enough, but other than his finishing and wonderful movement I don't think he's a superb player. He's just elite at what he's actually good at. Whereas Kane is superb in many areas.

And before someone mentions their respective records, you can't not pretend that Robert doesn't play in a much easier league and for a team that generally creates far, far more than we have and do.

Thoughts? :kaneear:

Stick Kane in at BM for the last 5 years and there would be no debate to have..... His numbers would be just as insane but with more assists.

Kane hands down.

Hyperbole. Lewa bagged 41 goals in 28 games with 7 assists in 20/21. In 19/20 he got 15 goals and 5 assists in 10 CL games. There's no way Kane could be putting up numbers which would make it not a debate, because those are close to Messi/Ronaldo numbers.

Lewandowski's elite. 2nd only to Suarez as best CF of his generation.

Kane is possibly the better player overall. Thing is, Lewandudski doesnt play for a crap counter attacking team. So there isnt much need for him to drop back and then play balls in the obvious spaces that counter attacking teams get.

Still people are getting overexcited after games vs leeds and everton who have both lost 6 out of last 7 PL games. He was very good vs city too but between those game were wolves, burnley and middlesborough where he wasnt anything special at all.

Im just glad he seems to have turned around what looked like a really bad decline for the first half of the season.

Yeah but Lewandowski has some genuinely shit games too. He might still score a goal in many of them, but that's because he might have had four, five or six chances against the equivalent of Bournemouth.

KING KANE VS FARMER LEWANDOWSKI​

Honest question.... why is Kane a KING and Lewandowski a Farmer....
both are neither.... Kane is no more a King, than Lewandowski is a farmer...

it's as offensive to possibly the best striker in European/World football, as it's unrealistic to arguably one of the better English footballers right now....

I'd take Lewandowski in a heartbeat.... I genuinely don't get the 'Farmer' reference... was he born in a field or summit? ...or is it 'cos he's just Polish... and all Poles are Farmers?? Give your head a wobble (it's my new favourite phrase!!)

Yes. That's it. All Poles are farmers.

I'm constantly getting into somewhat heated debates on Facebook with foaming at the mouth Poles, Bayern fans from all over the world (most of them glory hunting helmets) and basically kids who know as much about footy than I do about Coronation Street in regards to who is better or even if they are on the same sort of level. Lewandowski fanboys still generally insist that he's on a completely different level to Harry Kane.

Without being biased for bias sake, can anyone here make a genuine case for Lewandowski to be the better player of the two? By player I mean overall game, not just their goal-scoring record and/or finishing.

I've made my feelings known before that I rate Harry as the better player of the two, and by a fair distance. Lewandowski is neat and tidy enough, but other than his finishing and wonderful movement I don't think he's a superb player. He's just elite at what he's actually good at. Whereas Kane is superb in many areas.

And before someone mentions their respective records, you can't not pretend that Robert doesn't play in a much easier league and for a team that generally creates far, far more than we have and do.

Thoughts? :kaneear:
My initial thoughts are why the hell would you waste your time arguing with cretins on FB mate ?

Facebook comments are almost as bad as Youtube Comments , complete drivel

Stick Kane in at BM for the last 5 years and there would be no debate to have..... His numbers would be just as insane but with more assists.

Kane hands down.

Lewandowski is an incredible striker, and his CL record is outrageously good so the farmers league stuff doesn't wash. He's better in the air than Kane, more physically dominant, better at pressing, and a superior finisher. Also better at making his own chances, although this is somewhat to do with the fact Kane drops deeper. He's a brilliant pure goal-scorer but also an excellent footballer who has learned from Klopp and Guardiola. A perfect striker.

Better than Kane? I think they're different. Kane's passing range is what sets him apart from other CF's, it's pretty ludicrous that he's got the passing range of De Bruyne as a striker. But Robert has loads to his game aside from goals (and honestly even if it was just goals, his record is staggering) so think you're doing him a disservice on that one. He's the higher profile player so don't blame the football world as a whole for rating him more highly, if Kane wasn't a Spurs player most of us would be saying the same.

No, we would not.

I’m as big of a Kane fanboy as there is here, but Lewandowski is on another level still.

It was a scandal he didn’t get the Ballon D’or in 2020, it was a scandal he didn’t get it in 2021, and it will be a scandal if he doesn’t get it in 2022. Best player in the world.

Fair enough lol

For what it's worth , Kane will never receive the recognition that he deserves because he has spent the last 7 years with a team that's allergic to silverware

Whereas Lewandowski has been in the polar opposite position. They are both exceptional players but I'd rather have Kane all day long

I really don't know why some fans are obsessed with what players have won. By that logic it would mean that the Neville brothers were better than 80% of all footballers in Europe.

I’m as big of a Kane fanboy as there is here, but Lewandowski is on another level still.

It was a scandal he didn’t get the Ballon D’or in 2020, it was a scandal he didn’t get it in 2021, and it will be a scandal if he doesn’t get it in 2022. Best player in the world.

Were you born in Krakow?

I don’t think they’re comparable. If they played at the same club they would play together and generate 90+ goals / assists per season between them.

Lewy is an assassin as a 9. If you look at his goal scoring record in the CL you would be amazed at his productivity and efficiency. In his last three CL campaigns, he has 32 goals in 24 matches. Totally clear of anyone else in that stretch.

As a pure #9, he is above Kane. He is above everyone easily.

Kane is a hybrid #10 / #9.

As a pure #9, he is top 3 in the world IMO, perhaps only second to Lewy. In terms of pure goal scoring, he is below Lewy.

What sets Kane apart is his playmaking ability and vision. His passing is next level. If he were a #10, he would be a top 3 player in the world in that position.

If you asked me to pick a squad from scratch, Kane would be my first pick because he brings quality in multiple areas. I would get a player that is elite level versatile as a goal scorer and playmaker. He is even a great defender. Really, the question is what doesn’t he do well (as opposed to what he excels in).

If you asked me to fill a hole in the #9 role (i.e. I already have some playmakers), I would pick Lewy.

If you dropped Kane into Bayern, his play making skills would not be as valuable because they have multiple playmakers. You would want him as a #9, but Lewy is better in that role.

If I had a mediocre squad with several deficiencies, I would pick Kane easily because he can do so many things so well. Hence, Kane is better for Tottenham than Lewy would be.

This is going to sound horrible, but truly top and elite clubs in the world don’t ask or require their top players to be elite in multiple areas. Doing so could result in burning your elite players out, causing injuries, etc, and losing a lot of games when your elite do it all player is out injured or in poor form.

So, like almost everything else in life, the answer to your question is “it depends.”

Of course it is.

Much like the specific question being asked is pivotal to my answer.

Much like the 'vehicle' is pivotal to how many F1 races a driver wins.

Again; I make the point about strength of respective clubs and how far ahead of the pack they are in 80% of the games they play.

I'm not saying such performances don't exist, but I have yet to see RL smash it in a big game (CL final etc.)......

You need to watch Lewandowski more. He once scored 4 in a game against Real Madrid during a crucial CL tie. I do think part of the issue is we're more exposed to Kane's brilliance, if we were all watching Lewa week in week out we'd be more appreciative of his ability.

His big game record in Europe vs elite sides is insanely good.

You need to watch Lewandowski more. He once scored 4 in a game against Real Madrid during a crucial CL tie. I do think part of the issue is we're more exposed to Kane's brilliance, if we were all watching Lewa week in week out we'd be more appreciative of his ability.

His big game record in Europe vs elite sides is insanely good.
Both are elite….. who cares

Back
Top Bottom