Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Foyth makes a few frustrating errors but he can be an excellent player. Positive movement and passing in possession and generally very good in most of his defensive work. Played a great game today up against Rashford and Shaw, having missed Villareal's last six games with a hamstring injury.

If the new manager uses 3 CB's I think we'd be mad not to make some attempt at keeping him, he's very well suited to playing at the right of a back three. Offer him a new contract with a wage Villareal are unlikely to match, we can't be holding on to Dier and getting rid of Foyth for 13m.

To me he looked like someone who will never change. Moments of brilliance and moments of pure idiocy. He’s no better than Dier and Sanchez outside of passing the ball. Terrible football IQ.

Nothing new to see here. Looks great 95% of the time then looks fucking awful and a complete liability for the other 5%.
...I would say that's a pretty good return On a defender who just had his first full season playing Senior football. That other 5% is probably just learning to read the game better, like an at peak Toby or Jan.

Though it does make me wonder how Foyth and Japh would play at CB together.

Personally, I think we should bring back Foyth for one more season and see if he cuts it.

Toby's on his last legs and probably moving in to a coaching role, Dier should never have been allowed to move back to CB and Rodon shows good potential but will need a new pairing to build a relationship with.

Come to think of it, how do you reckon Foyth and Rodon would play if Japh played infront of them a CDM?

Last edited:
Apparently that is now 89 players since 2008 that have went on to win a trophy since leaving spurs

As mentioned on the previous page it’s 29 players. I don’t know where you’ve got 89 from, perhaps that’s the combined number of trophies?

Back
Top Bottom