Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The other part is are there better right backs where is Levy ready to spend enough money?
+ we can't offer european football so it will be also difficult to get a very good one
Aarons looking to join Everton
I don't know other ones...

I hate the idea bringing Foyth because we can't get people in that are good enough. If he isn't good enough take the 15m and get someone who is good enough. We gone down the not good enough but cheap route before.

I have watched this game and parts of other Villareal Europa league games.

For Villareal he has moved around playing in different positions, most of the reports on him are that is fine, he showed when he was previously here that he wasn't good enough.

I have yet to see anything in his play, anything in the reports or anything in the consistency of where they play him that would indicate he is close to good enough to be a starting RB for a top 4 PL team.
He's been established as Villarreal's first choice RB for a while now. Played well today, although now going off with what looks like a muscular injury.
I'd be happy with him as second choice RB for us, with Tanganga as third choice. Get Emerson Royal as first choice, sell Aurier & Doherty.

He's been established as Villarreal's first choice RB for a while now. Played well today, although now going off with what looks like a muscular injury.
I'd be happy with him as second choice RB for us, with Tanganga as third choice. Get Emerson Royal as first choice, sell Aurier & Doherty.

He seems to have switched between RB and DM a lot.

I would rather have 15m and Tanganga/Lavanier as the back-up RB's, let Lavanier play in EL and Cup games and have Tanganga to play in PL if there is an injury to our new starting RB.

Edit:

To me he has shown he is not good enough, when I watch him he still doesn't look close to good enough, as we saw today he still loves a dumb penalty to giveaway although got saved by the hand ball.

He seems to have switched between RB and DM a lot.
Not anymore. Initially he had to play there to cover for an injury crisis. Now he's established first choice RB.

To me he has shown he is not good enough, when I watch him he still doesn't look close to good enough, as we saw today he still loves a dumb penalty to giveaway although got saved by the hand ball.
Why don't we take the opinion of someone who has been watching Villarreal regularly this season? Foyth may have improved, he's only turned 23 this Jan.
He played well today, probably MOTM. Although I agree the penalty give away which didn't count was concerning.

You keep saying the same thing about Dele...when you shoul dhave been saying the same thing about Mou.
giphy.gif

Not anymore. Initially he had to play there to cover for an injury crisis. Now he's established first choice RB.

Why don't we take the opinion of someone who has been watching Villarreal regularly this season? Foyth may have improved, he's only turned 23 this Jan.
He played well today, probably MOTM. Although I agree the penalty give away which didn't count was concerning.

I'll maybe take the word of unbiased Villareal fans and to them he hasn't been anything special. I have watched him play some and he has not improved in the areas that concern me, maybe I have always caught him at his worst, but that is doubtful. Even today, doesn't look to have much, if any of a cross on him, still makes the major blunders in one on one duels, still puts himself out of position which means he has awkward situations to defend.

He was not close to MOTM today at all. maybe a 6/10.

The loan with the option to buy worked out he wasn't good enough for us went and found a place where he fits and now we get some money to spend on someone who is good enough. I don't see why when money is supposedly so tight that we would bring in a guy who isn't good enough and hope that he changes rather than brining in quality. It seems like the kind of move that has got us our current bloated squad full of back-ups that we really don't want starting for us.

I'll maybe take the word of unbiased Villareal fans and to them he hasn't been anything special. I have watched him play some and he has not improved in the areas that concern me, maybe I have always caught him at his worst, but that is doubtful. Even today, doesn't look to have much, if any of a cross on him, still makes the major blunders in one on one duels, still puts himself out of position which means he has awkward situations to defend.

He was not close to MOTM today at all. maybe a 6/10.

The loan with the option to buy worked out he wasn't good enough for us went and found a place where he fits and now we get some money to spend on someone who is good enough. I don't see why when money is supposedly so tight that we would bring in a guy who isn't good enough and hope that he changes rather than brining in quality. It seems like the kind of move that has got us our current bloated squad full of back-ups that we really don't want starting for us.
Problem is at the moment there are not many good left and rightbacks

Problem is at the moment there are not many good left and rightbacks

Well then lucky for us we are one of the biggest clubs in the world and can get almost any player out there.

I know many people want to pretend that we can't get good players but if the excuse for us bringing in shit players is that the transfer window is hard we should quit right now.

Foyth would be by far the worst RB out of the big 6 teams plus Leicester and in the bottom 10 of starting RB's in the PL. Our goals should be higher than that.

Foyth would be by far the worst RB out of the big 6 teams plus Leicester and in the bottom 10 of starting RB's in the PL. Our goals should be higher than that.
Again I’m not sure you’ve seen him enough to come to that conclusion.
He barely played RB for us; and when he did it was vs City and he owned Sterling. Also played well today with some great runs.

I have watched this game and parts of other Villareal Europa league games.

For Villareal he has moved around playing in different positions, most of the reports on him are that is fine, he showed when he was previously here that he wasn't good enough.

I have yet to see anything in his play, anything in the reports or anything in the consistency of where they play him that would indicate he is close to good enough to be a starting RB for a top 4 PL team.
What about a bottom 6 team ?

Foyth is on about 30k a week. Is 23 years old and is gaining experience.

Selling him would seem madness. He signed a new contract last year.

How good were Toby, Jan, VVD etc....at 23 years old?

Foyth is on about 30k a week. Is 23 years old and is gaining experience.

Selling him would seem madness. He signed a new contract last year.

How good were Toby, Jan, VVD etc....at 23 years old?
they have an option to purchase ... it's their decision not ours. They will have paid us around 5m in loan fees and salary and the option is around 15m (that's from media reports but they all say the same)

We paid 13m for a player who either wasn't good enough or never got a decent chance, very much doubt he wants to come back seems well settled at Villareal.

Back
Top Bottom