Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Toby and Very as old as they are i would be shocked if Poch let a young talented Argie CB slip away

Levy for all his faults will also do his best to ensure that doesn't happen

After watching that video, I think neither Jan or Toby should be guaranteed anything.

And here's a massive pat on the back for Juan. He was De Ligt like last night.

Technically he is superb. Probably the best CB we have on the ball. If he bulks up a bit he will be a beast. Still loads of time; there is no rush.

Technically he is superb. Probably the best CB we have on the ball. If he bulks up a bit he will be a beast. Still loads of time; there is no rush.

Mobile, skillful, very strong in the tackle, good in the air. All he needs is game time and I for one want to see him get it.

Hopefully he gets some PL minutes soon in order to build on this confidence

Although in fairness Sanchez played very well on Monday

Last edited:
Seen some people say he isn't all that physically. But I've never one seen him bullied. He's played against the likes of Andy Carroll, who is a ridiculously tough footballer to play against and someone who has bullied our senior defenders in the past, and looked every bit as strong. He's played against lower league opposition who probably would have been told to rough him up and came through with flying colours.

I think people saw Antonio getting passed him as a sign of Foyth not being physically ready. But watch it back, it was a blatant foul by Antonio and it was a ridiculous decision not to award a free kick.

He's our secret weapon defensively and he's going to save us a fucking fortune.

The way he glides out of defence leaving forwards in his wake reminds me of a young Beckenbauer in his pomp. His tackling is clinical, but his strength is his positional play, which is mature for such a young guy.

The ageing of Toby and Jan doesn't worry me so much if we can hang on to him, and he continues to develop.

Maybe it's time for a proper CB rotation when Jan returns...

Get Foyth game-time and alongside his future partner in Dav.

He is in North London living with a family member I believe, attending a few of Poch's BBQ s will bulk him up, that's for sure!

Seen some people say he isn't all that physically. But I've never one seen him bullied. He's played against the likes of Andy Carroll, who is a ridiculously tough footballer to play against and someone who has bullied our senior defenders in the past, and looked every bit as strong. He's played against lower league opposition who probably would have been told to rough him up and came through with flying colours.

I think people saw Antonio getting passed him as a sign of Foyth not being physically ready. But watch it back, it was a blatant foul by Antonio and it was a ridiculous decision not to award a free kick.

100% this, against Newport who were physical as fuck he was brilliant, I'd like to see him introduced from the bench in a back 3 against Wolves, everytime he has played he has been great and with rumours he may want out he needs to be playing more, their is a reason PSG wanted him

100% this, against Newport who were physical as fuck he was brilliant, I'd like to see him introduced from the bench in a back 3 against Wolves, everytime he has played he has been great and with rumours he may want out he needs to be playing more, their is a reason PSG wanted him

There also must have been a reason he chose us over for PSG!

I think Poch knows how good he can be but he can't simply play Foyth over two arguably world class centre backs and a £40,000,000 signing.

But Foyth made a hard decision for Poch yesterday. Can't wait to see his continued development

With Vertoghen out, really want to Poch to take this opportunity to roll out a back 3 with him in it.

That said would be happy for him and Toby in a back 4 and give Sanchez a rest this week.

Well said Totts.

In the games he's played for us previously he's actually been targeted by the oppo (and why wouldn't they) and I think he's taken an elbow to that face in every one of those games, where he didn't bat an eyelid and wasn't intimidated once. This kid is more than a baller, Poch is turning him into a warrior, I've seen zero evidence that he's not physical enough.

Last night we saw something that I don't think we have previously seen from him before and that's pace, the distance he made up to catch Antonio when the ball was played through to him and behind KWP in the first half was impressive, let alone the tackle he made at the end of it.

Last night he won every challenge and 100% Antonio pushed Foyth in the back, why that wasn't given a foul is totally beyond me.

With another 2 games coming up in the next 5 days, I do wonder if he will play against Wolves. Especially as he isn't registered in our CL squad and can't really risk Sanchez getting injured either..

With another 2 games coming up in the next 5 days, I do wonder if he will play against Wolves. Especially as he isn't registered in our CL squad and can't really risk Sanchez getting injured either..
Agreed.

On a side note and one that I hadn't acknowledged or perhaps taken for granted was Sanchez performance last night given he played the full game on Monday night too (and was good then also). Glad Poch made a point of this in his post-match comments.

There also must have been a reason he chose us over for PSG!

I think Poch knows how good he can be but he can't simply play Foyth over two arguably world class centre backs and a £40,000,000 signing.

But Foyth made a hard decision for Poch yesterday. Can't wait to see his continued development

Maybe put him at left back like Vertonghen in his early years?

Would like to see Foyth gain 13-15lbs muscles, and when Dembele is off, we can replace him with Foyth. I think he can be a great CDM. That will save us at least £40m.

Back
Top Bottom