Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just don't know about this kid. I just have this gut feeling he is a one time wonder.

I still have to see how he does against a more tougher opposition.

(Just hoping Poch is not favoring him BECAUSE he is Argentine.)

I have seen it many times with Lamela. (Not that he is bad. But he didn't do anything for the club the past 4 years barring inj and etc)
giphy.gif

Jesus Christ - he has barely played for us and yet some are talking into to be a superstar already. Why not actually give him a chance to prove himself before placing silly expecations on him.

People are just getting excited about a promising young player. go back to your misery, nothing to see here.

Dodgy tackle on Hazard aside he was excellent tonight.

So calm on the ball and he seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time in the box when it comes to headers. So many times the ball went into the box from Chelsea and Foyths head was like a magnet to the ball. For a 3rd Premier League start he certainly didn't look out of place at all.

Don't understand why people pitch Davy and Juan against each other. They are both still young but have the potential to be our centre back pairing for years (if they fulfill their potential and we can can keep hold of them!).
I see qualities in both of them. Of course they are going to make mistakes, who doesn't, but getting on their backs isn't going you help, is it?
I do agree that Juan needs to bulk up a bit though, that too will come with time.

You can tell a good performance just by the fact that both Neville and Redknapp were pretty much mocking the fact Foyth was playing at right back at the start of the game.

Only to fall completely silent after he put in a great performance against the golden boy of English football right now.

Foyth and Sanchez were both excellent today, in my view. Especially down the right hand side where they pretty much shut everything off.

I don't know if I'd want to see Foyth at RWB in future as I think he has the makings of an elite centre half but it's good that it's definitely another option. Because I think as a collective with our 4 centre backs on the pitch, we defended exceptionally well (bar the opener)

Out of position and keeps Sterling AND Sane quiet. No easy feat.

Talk about going from hero to zero in a week, against Ajax he was talked about as the second coming of Chris Waddle, he could be our next midfield maestro, or at the very least our starting right back from this moment on......
This kid is rash, has been from day one, every time he plays he looks like he could dismantle a game in 2 moves.......No doubting the kid has some footballing talent, but he’s a massive liability, one game he could put Messi in his pocket, the next he will chop down some average striker for 2 or 3 penalties before halftime......Going forward into next season, any team with any serious ambition of winning anything can’t seriously consider this guy as a starting player.

Why not? Gascoigne was an accident waiting to happen ... Cantona? Ginola? ... Ramos has 24 red cards but RM and Spain seem OK with him playing ... sure he needs to learn but he's just turned 21 and has only 10 games to his credit ... give the lad a chance

Nothing wrong with being excited but there is a world of difference between that and stating that he will solve our defence for the next decade or he is the Argentine De Ligt. He’s made 2 PL appreances for christ sake - it’s not about being miserable it’s about not placing stupid expectations on a young player who has barely played for us.
I don’t think he has been held back - he was 19 when we signed him and he is only 20 now. He also has Jan, Toby and Sanchez ahead of him - so that tells it’s own story.
Jesus Christ - he has barely played for us and yet some are talking into to be a superstar already. Why not actually give him a chance to prove himself before placing silly expecations on him.

Could it be worth considering him as a potential future DM? Either way I love a footballer like him. He did a little shimmy when he could have passed it back to Sanchez like most would and once the Tranmere player had committed to moving that way, simply adjusted his body and a whole new area of the pitch going forward had opened up for him.

Also check out his pass for Skipp I believe it was when Llorente scored his last. He sees a gap and commits to it either in the pass, movement or shape of his body adjusting. He's a proper footballer I really have high hopes for him

The Athletic are reporting that he wants a transfer in January if he doesn't see more playing time.

Hopefully he has shown Jose enough to get more opportunities. We shouldn't be losing young talents due to a lack of playing time, it's the clapped out players like Wanyama and Rose who should be in that position.

I have a feeling Poch will stick with him vs PSV to show faith after the penalties. He was playing really well and you don't want two isolated moments (one not really his fault) dent his confidence. The sooner he gets back on the pitch the better.

Back
Top Bottom