Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the lord of the rings GIF
Perfect metaphor. Absolutely perfect.

We don’t win trophies and we decide to sack a manager with a proven record of winning trophies. And five days before a cup final!

Let’s get another manger in who might play more ‘entertaining’ football but not win a trophy for another 15-20 years.

Mental.
Proven but never guaranteed remember that the footy has been horrible and it’s the perfect time to fire a coach that was not gonna change anything in the cup final anyway we would have lost glad to see the back of him

Part of me thinks the special once got the bullet as had he won cup sunday it would have given him a bigger bargaining chip to stay. Also severance package would have been higher. Good riddance. Hearing fans saying they were losing interest and didnt want to go was a joke and levy cottoned. Levy listens to the fans.

We don’t win trophies and we decide to sack a manager with a proven record of winning trophies. And five days before a cup final!

Let’s get another manger in who might play more ‘entertaining’ football but not win a trophy for another 15-20 years.

Mental.
I thought it was all about winning trophies and Jose was a good idea, but honesty I would take the CL final run with poch , even though we lost the final over the Carabaro cup final even if we win, football although mainly about glory is also about enjoyment as well and anyone who can say they have enjoyed the last year of football is either blind , stupid or chatting shit

I'm over the fucking moon to see the back of this bellend. 2 months overdue in my mind - we could have made a real go of the top 4 and cup final if we had a bit more time but we've sat on it too long now. In any case I can't wait to see some enthusiasm for attacking football back and I don't honestly care if we lose every game until the end of the season so long as we start playing the right way again.

The leaks of his treatment and players' reactions are so obvious and telling, the guy is a joke. Bye bye Mourinho, you will be forgotten.

A minute of silence for all the Mourinhistas who jump from club to club, from forum to forum, passionately writing long and beautiful essays with their left hand, while furiously masturbating with their right one (or vice-versa, I don't judge).
Stay strong in this difficult time guys, time heals everything *

*(except blindness caused by excessive wanking)

All these disagrees and yet no good arguments.

Curious.

Where are your arguments apart from "he has won things years ago at other clubs"?

Here is the argument loud and clear: our form, results, player selection consistency and performances since the start of December, including being knocked out of 2 competitions, and our results last season, shows that Mourinho is F I N I S H E D.

Part of me thinks the special once got the bullet as had he won cup sunday it would have given him a bigger bargaining chip to stay. Also severance package would have been higher. Good riddance. Hearing fans saying they were losing interest and didnt want to go was a joke and levy cottoned. Levy listens to the fans.

He does?

Well he should quit as well!

I'm annoyed at myself for getting suckered in by him in the first place, but I did believe that he would be successful to start with. I was even up for sacrificing attractive football in the short term to land that first trophy. I felt he deserved our support but he made it impossible for us to sustain that. The constant surrender of points, throwing players under the bus, the rubbish tactics and he never took the blame for any of it.
I'm glad he's gone, before he did any more damage.

I never get this argument as a working professional.
My boss pays me to work.
He doesn't have to like me, I don't have to like him.
Its a job. Get on with it.
Nope. Wrong.
Having been in management it's waaaaay more productive to have staff on side.
Is it always perfect? No. Sometimes you have to make unpopular decisions but employees want to be listened to and a good boss is a leader and not just a manager...it's the fundamentals of successful leadership.

I'm annoyed at myself for getting suckered in by him in the first place, but I did believe that he would be successful to start with. I was even up for sacrificing attractive football in the short term to land that first trophy. I felt he deserved our support but he made it impossible for us to sustain that. The constant surrender of points, throwing players under the bus, the rubbish tactics and he never took the blame for any of it.
It's okay...

I for one love being able to tell people "I TOLD YOU SO".

Childish to the extreme, I know, but it was so fucking clear that the man didn't change or learn new tactics.

Can we just wipe this thread from the server? This guy doesn't deserve to take server space which costs money.

I’m sure Mourinho was going to get sacked sometime soon, but you’ll never be able to convince me the timing isn’t related to the Superleague debacle. It’s so transparent.
This morning, at least one initial report said he refused to take the squad out to train when Spurs involvement in the ESL was announced. As a result he was sacked.

I have no idea how true this is.

Yes. He helped suck the 'Glory Glory' out of our club, didn't he?

Back
Top Bottom