Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was accused of trying to fix matches, particularly one against Wolves in 1972 but he was found not guilty in court in the early 80's and sued the newspaper that printed the story, receiving financial compensation.
I remember reading the papers about that at the time saying Bremner approached McCalliog and said “Hey wee man “ and offered a deal
Wolves won giving ManU the title

Correct, that was the 0-3 loss to Dortmund. Apologies, the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Ouo4y0G.png
There’s something wrong with you to hunt down game stats from 5 years ago that nobody cares about.

The Caledonian Dennis Wise
In golfing terms a ‘ nasty five footer’!!

Bremner could play though and with Giles were a formidable midfield
I hated that team with all the burning anger a ten-year-old could muster, maybe more than I knew I hated Arsen@l. I only liked Giles and Lorimer, may they both rest in peace.

I knew I hated the Arse in 71 at just nine, I was only vaguely aware of our rivalry, coming from rural Norfolk with precious few points of reference. I learnt all that stuff in the coming years as I grew into my lilywhite identity. After that crap double they faded from my view if I'm honest. The Leeds dislike was more organic somehow, I had an instinctive loathing for them, that bullshit way they lined up in the centre circle and did that turning wave, it proper fecked me off as a kid.

And don't get me started on these...

EGrbFoQWsAAQTxX
EGrbFoWWwAAz8Wz

Cunt team, cunt fans.

I hated that team with all the burning anger a ten-year-old could muster, maybe more than I knew I hated Arsen@l. I only liked Giles and Lorimer, may they both rest in peace.

I knew I hated the Arse in 71 at just nine, I was only vaguely aware of our rivalry, coming from rural Norfolk with precious few points of reference. I learnt all that stuff in the coming years as I grew into my lilywhite identity. After that crap double they faded from my view if I'm honest. The Leeds dislike was more organic somehow, I had an instinctive loathing for them, that bullshit way they lined up in the centre circle and did that turning wave, it proper fecked me off as a kid.

EGrbFoQWsAAQTxX
EGrbFoWWwAAz8Wz

Cunt team, cunt fans.
One of the most funny experiences in my life involved a visit to a Yorkshire bar in Benidorm. I could nearly write a book about it but they had a photo of Alan Smith on the wall but it was hanging upside down.

EGrbFoQWsAAQTxX
EGrbFoWWwAAz8Wz

Cunt team, cunt fans.
Eddie Gray could play though

That was my problem in that they were excellent players etc but Don Revie had them play such a cynical way

No need as they could have blown most teams away

At their height in the early 70s we went to Elland Rd and outplayed them with Chivers having a blinder
They couldn’t cope despite trying every dirty foul in the book and inventing a few of their own
We won 2-1
A great day and bedlam outside afterwards!!

Proud to be a Spur that day!

These next games through to the end of the season are the proving ground for Jose.
It is entirely possible for us to get top four and the League Cup.
So far, I reckon pretty much any manager could get our team to this point- at a lot less than 15 mill.
Now is when a Special manager earns his money and proves his worth.

Back
Top Bottom