Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100%. If we buy Messi and 10 eric diers, people would be loving it. Making all sort of charts and formations involving even the other diers because getting Messi has cluded their judgement . There would be songs being made about that window. But then we find out Messi is just here for PR and barely feels like playing, then the window feels shite.

Thankfully we got Reguilon and PEH as well so its not as bad as the messi example. The original squad which had started to fail miserably and got the previous manager sacked still unfortunately has dier, winks, doherty, sissoko, sanchez, davies and the addition of doherty, hart etc does not help at all.

The issue is not that Bale has not done well it’s that most people don’t feel Jose can get the best out of a squad that is heavily attack weighted.

Jose wanted Vinnie, he plays well in cups games then we hardly see him, Doherty was great for Wolves as a RWB but we play him as a defensive RB but thankfully Aurier due to competition has stepped up and is playing well generally. Regulion and PEH look very good thankfully, Rodon looks good but Jose doesn’t yet trust him.

These are all decent players we bought if used the right way. Yes we need to get rid of Sissoko and a few others but if they ain’t playing that’s not the issue. Jose after the last window has depth, far more than Poch had that is for sure and while I accept the point on the CB situation why play a style that exposes and puts pressure on them all the time. Other managers at West Ham and Leicester have less depth but don’t seem to have issues. Jose has shown he cannot adapt unless he has a squad that fits his exact needs and we aren’t a money club, it won’t work.

Why do you keep posting this table when other posters, most notably Stanley Stanley , (whatever happened to him btw, a good lad) have pointed out that A) It's out of date and B) It's been proven to be bollocks ?

From September last year;
Thanks for the compliment Stevee, I'm alive and well! My postgrad is taking up a lot of time so I'm not looking around here as frequently as I used to. In addition to that, if the team is underperforming, I tend to shy away from the social media, press and forums. Getting all riled up in a negative spiral isn't really worth it anyway.

I feel like this season 'momentum' is vital for a lot of teams (West Ham, Woolwich, City), so I'm hoping we can turn it around and get the train going again! COYS

This statement right there demonstrates my point perfectly, thank you!

In my opinion, you have no right to question why someone comes on here and who they might support as they do so. I've seen rival fans come on here lots of times 9in match day threads etc) and comment on our team and nobody (reasonable) has a problem with that.

But if someone dares to declare themselves as a Jose fan (first second or whatever), then that is their right. For people like you to suggest that someone's OPINION shouldn't be aired because they are a Jose fan is plain ridiculous. And worse still...it definitely smells like 'forum policing' to me.

Not everyone who supports the manager is an infiltrator, some just post because they read something they want to reply to, so who are you to stand against that?

I suggest that YOU go wind YOUR neck in...or leave the forum if you're that bothered by other posters.
No, people that only supported spurs once Jose became the manager are the only ones people have problems with.

Reason being they do not have spurs best interests in mind; they just care for Jose. It’s not difficult.

I (and most posters) have no problem with spurs supporters on here that still want Jose.

People like the guy that was worshipping fellaini and calling spurs a worthless club without Jose are the problem.

I’m neither Jose In or Out right now, that’s not the point.
Just wondered how someone can think we can make 4th and want the manager sacked

Maths aside, I genuinely think Poch would have taken us bottom of the league.
Hence my wanting him out.

If I believed he would get us top 4 it wouldn’t make sense wanting him sacked
Maths aside many of us genuinely think Jose will continue with this shit football, miss out on top 4 based on PERFORMANCES and then piss away a budget war chest before moaning about the squad and not using all the players he bought himself.

No, people that only supported spurs once Jose became the manager are the only ones people have problems with.

Reason being they do not have spurs best interests in mind; they just care for Jose. It’s not difficult.

I (and most posters) have no problem with spurs supporters on here that still want Jose.

People like the guy that was worshipping fellaini and calling spurs a worthless club without Jose are the problem.

Id don’t even mind if they are honest about being Jose fans, it’s the ones that pretend they support Spurs that piss me off as it ruins the debate

The issue is not that Bale has not done well it’s that most people don’t feel Jose can get the best out of a squad that is heavily attack weighted.

Jose wanted Vinnie, he plays well in cups games then we hardly see him, Doherty was great for Wolves as a RWB but we play him as a defensive RB but thankfully Aurier due to competition has stepped up and is playing well generally. Regulion and PEH look very good thankfully, Rodon looks good but Jose doesn’t yet trust him.

These are all decent players we bought if used the right way. Yes we need to get rid of Sissoko and a few others but if they ain’t playing that’s not the issue. Jose after the last window has depth, far more than Poch had that is for sure and while I accept the point on the CB situation why play a style that exposes and puts pressure on them all the time. Other managers at West Ham and Leicester have less depth but don’t seem to have issues. Jose has shown he cannot adapt unless he has a squad that fits his exact needs and we aren’t a money club, it won’t work.
Not disagreeing with that at all. Was just giving my input on how loaning 'Bale' influenced people's views of the transfer window.

About our defense, I think its about time Tanganga and Rodon get some regular time at CB and phase out the ones that a constantly failing.

Thanks for the compliment Stevee, I'm alive and well! My postgrad is taking up a lot of time so I'm not looking around here as frequently as I used to. In addition to that, if the team is underperforming, I tend to shy away from the social media, press and forums. Getting all riled up in a negative spiral isn't really worth it anyway.

I feel like this season 'momentum' is vital for a lot of teams (West Ham, Woolwich, City), so I'm hoping we can turn it around and get the train going again! COYS
Good to here you're doing well mate.

Maths aside many of us genuinely think Jose will continue with this shit football, miss out on top 4 based on PERFORMANCES and then piss away a budget war chest before moaning about the squad and not using all the players he bought himself.
Yes.
And I’m asking the person who thinks he will get top 4 why he wants him sacked.

I don’t think he will get top 4

You didn’t read the exchange at all did you

Not disagreeing with that at all. Was just giving my input on how loaning 'Bale' influenced people's views of the transfer window.

About our defense, I think its about time Tanganga and Rodon get some regular time at CB and phase out the ones that a constantly failing.

Jose or no Jose get an experienced CB and Rodon and Tanganga will be great for us, they have ability but not experience. Remember how good everyone looked when we had peak Verts 3-4 seasons ago. Even a back line of Aurier/Tanganga - new CB - Rodon - Regulion would be fine. Just finding the CB is the issue.

Get a room

jealous natalie tran GIF

Yes.
And I’m asking the person who thinks he will get top 4 why he wants him sacked.

I don’t think he will get top 4

You didn’t read the exchange at all did you

We did, and your summary of the exchange is bollocks.

He said players are good enough to get top 4, but not with the manager we have.

On a high professional level individual errors cost you irrespective of your tactics. The decisive difference is that you can compensate individual errors by attacking players easier than by defensive players. So José should increase the amount of chances we create whereby we are less reliant that Kane and Son score every time they have the chance (when they are not in form, they don't score every chance and that costs us as much as the defensive errors in the end). Maybe a higher amount of chances also allow players like Bergwjin and Lucas to score. However, the Everton and Westham games have shown that when we do attack, we can't really strike a balance. Finding the balance will be José's greatest challenge and possibly last.

Are you joking?

They are 6th in the Austrian league

Also top 4 isn't over yet. We still have 15 games in the league...

Ahhh suddenly the shit manager and shit squad is top 4 material

we're crap but we're still within the mix and if not top 4 than Europa

I can't believe you'd rather us play our full strength team in a game against 6th placed Austrian league team than against Premier league teams.

I can’t believe you think we’re top 4 all of a sudden

We're not top 4 but we are still in the mix for Top 4 or top 6 , not many points in it. I wouldn't give up on it now for sure.

I would because it’s better and more likely to win the EL than get 4th

The one hope is that a trophy with aCL football bonus is more motivating than 3pts v Burnley or Palace for this rabble

We did, and your summary of the exchange is bollocks.

He said players are good enough to get top 4, but not with the manager we have.
Above is the exchange and he’s clearly talking about our present situation and the fact he would rest players in the EL because we can still make top 4

You got it all wrong I’m afraid

Above is the exchange and he’s clearly talking about our present situation and the fact he would rest players in the EL because we can still make top 4

You got it all wrong I’m afraid
Apologies.

Saw others respond, thought it was him.
I think he is wrong, as I am sure majority do, as we stand with this manager managing this squad the way he is, we are not Top 4 material.

Could another manager get this squad Top4, I think so.

I’m neither Jose In or Out right now, that’s not the point.
Just wondered how someone can think we can make 4th and want the manager sacked

Maths aside, I genuinely think Poch would have taken us bottom of the league.
Hence my wanting him out.

If I believed he would get us top 4 it wouldn’t make sense wanting him sacked
Jose has more chance of taking us bottom of the League. I see you joined in 2012 how can you think Poch was taking us bottom. We were in the middle of a rebuild it was obviously going to be painful. The fact is we still had NDombele and GLC to be properly integrated into Poch’s team. We would have turned it round and with similar backing in the Summer I think we would be in the hunt for 2nd. The fact is I think Poch is at the moment a superior manager to Jose. I do not understand why we downgraded.

On a high professional level individual errors cost you irrespective of your tactics. The decisive difference is that you can compensate individual errors by attacking players easier than by defensive players. So José should increase the amount of chances we create whereby we are less reliant that Kane and Son score every time they have the chance (when they are not in form, they don't score every chance and that costs us as much as the defensive errors in the end). Maybe a higher amount of chances also allow players like Bergwjin and Lucas to score. However, the Everton and Westham games have shown that when we do attack, we can't really strike a balance. Finding the balance will be José's greatest challenge and possibly last.
OctopusOtto OctopusOtto Can I just say your handle and avatar are freaking me out.

:adesalute:

Back
Top Bottom