Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you not say Moyes has so far done a better job with a lot less than Jose?
No.
He has been knocked out of both cups.
Let's see what the relative positions are at the end of the season.
My prediction is WHU won't be in Europe next season and we will.
But Moyes has done well like Dyche.

Dude...there are some here who's dates match closely to Jose's arrival and have done naught but bully and harass anyone who dares to criticise him. I, myself, have suffered this cowardly bullying and I'm willing to bet that those posters will leave suddenly or over a period of a few weeks when Jose gets the sack.
I agree with you that it is a spurs discussion forum and no discussion should be off limits, however, certain Jose alliances posters have seen fit to try and bully those who disagree with them, into silence, which is not cool.
OK, look I'm sorry if you feel like you've been bullied, that's not cool and it shouldn't happen here! And any sort of covert 'alliance' should be discouraged imo, so we agree there!

But I maintain that I don't care if someone joined only because they support Jose...seriously, why is that even a thing? I smell agendas all over the place, but that's just my opinion.

In fact, if it does matter then surely a supporter of Jose is also (implicitly) a supporter of Spurs too? He is the current Spurs manager after all. At the very least, people have a right to be linked to our great club for a variety of reasons, and it should not be used as a stick to beat them with when they post on here...that is also a form of bullying surely?

I'm all for a reasoned debate, even if I'm 100% opposed to someone's ideas, the reason I come on here is to gauge the opinion of my fellow fans and to hopefully enlighten myself in some way...other than that, I only post if someone replies to my post first, or if I feel strongly about something, like supporting the manager.

Anyway, I've read many of your posts over the years and you seem quite reasonable to me, so kudos for that...I just don't agree with all of your points, especially why someone is here on the form or why they support us in some way, I just find that irrelevant.

The thing is that squad, whether you think it was overrated or not, performed. It has finished in top 4, challenged 3 league titles, reached CL final, Legaue Cup final, League cup semi and x2 FA Cup semis. We added to that squad some decent players.

You can pick out players from every Title winning team and question their individual brilliance (Jones, Cahill, Valencia, Smalling, Welbeck, Cleverly, Drinkwater, Lescot, Negrado, Scott Sinclair, Rodwell, Dimichellis, Pantilimon, Hart, Mangala, Delph, Otamendy,......etc, etc, etc...). Doing that with ours is a piece of piss just as it is with Man City's title-winning sides.

The fact remains, we are regressing as a team, this is clear for all to see.
Our level had been falling under Poch year by year in terms of league position.

We could never compete for domestic silverware.

It culminated in the CL final appearance which, lets be honest, was pretty miraculous rather than evidence of a strong squad. Also we lost.

Jose inherited a squad on a downward spiral which is what his detractors seem to ignore.

Levy thought he could come in and lift them and it was cheaper than investing 250m in the playing staff.

It's fine to say you don't think Jose has done well but you have to acknowledge that the squad was in serious decline when he arrived.

Comparing the squad to that of Poch's 3/4 years ago is disingenuous when you look at what happened to the core of the team:

- Dele's decline
- Jan's decline and exit
- Toby's decline
- Eriksen's decline and exit
- Dembele's exit

These are issues unrelated to Mourinho.

No.
He has been knocked out of both cups.
Let's see what the relative positions are at the end of the season.
My prediction is WHU won't be in Europe next season and we will.
But Moyes has done well like Dyche.
They were knocked out of the cups by PL opposition (Everton and Man U). We were also knocked out of the FA Cup by Everton. So you are saying beating getting a bye and beating Stoke and Brentford makes Jose as doing a better job at Spurs than Moyes is doing at West Ham?

I genuinely don't see much difference between them and us. Both play reactive football the only difference is they have moved away from a relegation team, so the atmosphere reflects this as they enjoy one of their best seasons in years (probably on par with their Payet season). Whereas we've gone from a top 4 team to a midtable team, so the atmosphere reflects this too.

30 January Two Thousand and Fucking Fourteen

José Mourinho accused West Ham United of playing "football from the 19th century" to nullify Chelsea and the Portuguese claimed Sam Allardyce's players had feigned injury and wasted time to secure their goalless draw on Wednesday.

The stalemate cost Chelsea the chance to go above Woolwich into second place in the table. An exasperated Mourinho did acknowledge that West Ham's defensiveness was understandable, given their predicament in the bottom three, but said the game did not befit the Premier League. Allardyce, when told of his opposite number's comments, laughed and said: "I don't give a shite, to be honest."

Mourinho had been infuriated by the visitors' tactics and had spoken to Allardyce in the tunnel after the game. "It's very difficult to play a football match where only one team wants to play, very difficult," Mourinho said. "A match is about two teams playing. This match was only one team playing and another team not. I told Big Sam that, because they need points, to come here and do it the way they did... is it acceptable? Maybe yes.

"I cannot be too critical because, if I was in this position, I don't know if I would do the same. But at the same time this is not Premier League. This is not the best league in the world. This is football from the 19th century."

Asked to elaborate on what he meant by that, he said: "Pretending injuries; cheating... I don't know if that's the right word; the goalkeeper taking time not after minute 70 but in the first minute; 10 defenders in the box, defenders not putting a foot outside the box. All very basic. But I'm nobody to criticise. They are happy. They get a point. I hope the point means something for them at the end of the season."

He's a self-confessed Mourinho fan, he doesn't support Tottenham and yet feels he can weigh in on the direction the club is going and how it should go about its business - it's got sweet fuck all to do with him.
This statement right there demonstrates my point perfectly, thank you!

In my opinion, you have no right to question why someone comes on here and who they might support as they do so. I've seen rival fans come on here lots of times 9in match day threads etc) and comment on our team and nobody (reasonable) has a problem with that.

But if someone dares to declare themselves as a Jose fan (first second or whatever), then that is their right. For people like you to suggest that someone's OPINION shouldn't be aired because they are a Jose fan is plain ridiculous. And worse still...it definitely smells like 'forum policing' to me.

Not everyone who supports the manager is an infiltrator, some just post because they read something they want to reply to, so who are you to stand against that?

I suggest that YOU go wind YOUR neck in...or leave the forum if you're that bothered by other posters.

Our level had been falling under Poch year by year in terms of league position.

We could never compete for domestic silverware.

It culminated in the CL final appearance which, lets be honest, was pretty miraculous rather than evidence of a strong squad. Also we lost.

Jose inherited a squad on a downward spiral which is what his detractors seem to ignore.

Levy thought he could come in and lift them and it was cheaper than investing 250m in the playing staff.

It's fine to say you don't think Jose has done well but you have to acknowledge that the squad was in serious decline when he arrived.

Comparing the squad to that of Poch's 3/4 years ago is disingenuous when you look at what happened to the core of the team:

- Dele's decline
- Jan's decline and exit
- Toby's decline
- Eriksen's decline and exit
- Dembele's exit

These are issues unrelated to Mourinho.
He's brought in TEN players! Plus had Lo Celso, Ndombele, Sess etc....

Jan as has now been revealed had not recovered from a concussion that medical experts say he never had. But as much as I miss Jan and just as I think Toby has been excellent for us there comes a time when you rebuild, both the loss of Jan and the resigning of Toby & Dier is part of the mangers plans on building his current squad, just as letting Foyth leave, CCV stay out on loan, keeping Sanchez and buying in Rodon and keeping Tanganga. These are his decisions he's made about our CB options.

He couldn't keep Eriksen, this happens, it's part of football. Had he stayed on the evidence of what we've seen so far, he wouldn't have improved Eriksen's form (he hasn't improved a single player). He was replaced with Lo Celso.

Dembele was held together with string and bandaid in his final season, he could barely manage two consecutive games, yet still, we finished 4th and reach a CL final and Kangeroo Semi-Final. We replaced him with Ndombele, probably the only player in World football that gets close to Dembele's skillset (some +/- in between both players).

Dele's been chucked under the bus.

Everyone thought we were getting 'BALE' which influenced their opinion massively of how the transfer window went. Reality is, we got an idiot who doesnt give a shit.
So, it goes from 95% think it's an 8/10 window to it's a shit window because one player they thought was good (despite him not playing for 2yrs) turns out is no longer good?

Yes remember the jizzfest over the Son - Kane - Bale trio.

He was the missing piece.

If only we knew...

most people where not about Bale, Bale was a lovely thing but it was getting a DM, full backs and a back up to Kane that was what was driving most people desires in the window.

As for Bale who knows, he doesn’t track back much so Jose won’t use him, he could easily give him a free role as a number 10 behind Kane and Son if we wanted to play attacking football but we will never know one way or another.

You are so fake. You were Poch out when it was still very possible for top 4 mathematically.

You're not trying to understand anything, you're trying to find a way to start a dumb argument.
I’m neither Jose In or Out right now, that’s not the point.
Just wondered how someone can think we can make 4th and want the manager sacked

Maths aside, I genuinely think Poch would have taken us bottom of the league.
Hence my wanting him out.

If I believed he would get us top 4 it wouldn’t make sense wanting him sacked

So, it goes from 95% think it's an 8/10 window to it's a shit window because one player they thought was good (despite him not playing for 2yrs) turns out is no longer good?
100%. If we buy Messi and 10 eric diers, people would be loving it. Making all sort of charts and formations involving even the other diers because getting Messi has clouded their judgement . There would be songs being made about that window. But then we find out Messi is just here for PR and barely feels like playing, then the window feels shite.

Thankfully we got Reguilon and PEH as well so its not as bad as the messi example. The original squad which had started to fail miserably and got the previous manager sacked still unfortunately has dier, winks, doherty, sissoko, sanchez, davies and the addition of doherty, hart etc does not help at all.

I’m neither Jose In or Out right now, that’s not the point.
Just wondered how someone can think we can make 4th and want the manager sacked

Maths aside, I genuinely think Poch would have taken us bottom of the league.
Hence my wanting him out.

If I believed he would get us top 4 it wouldn’t make sense wanting him sacked
Top 4 is very unlikely this season. Maybe next season if we make the necessary changes to the squad.

Back
Top Bottom