Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely love the fact Jose has set about making the quality of the squad known, to everyone out there and to the players themselves.

Right now thats key....you dont motivate players by telling the world you need funds to replace them.

Imagine what it must be like for our players, all they´ve heard for years is how average they are (bar three) and the ONLY reason we done well was because of the miracles of the former manager.
And that Levy only signs crap etc etc etc

And not just the media but this from our own fanbase.

The new sounds from the manager is extremely refreshing

I don’t know if anyone listened to that Prick Jason Candy on Talkshite last night?
I’ve never heard anyone so bitter and jealous, I was really embarrassed for him and his comhost was absolutely ripping the piss out of him along with every caller.
His co host was trying to have a sensible debate about Mourinho and Cundys contribution was comparing him to a 3 year old beach bag with the stitching all coming out and said WE had him when he was like a top model on the front of vogue and YOU have the horse and hounds version. He thought he’d hit the jackpot by calling Mourinho the special ONCE.
It was so cringe. He reckons we have Chelsea’s cast offs and he’s finished as a manager. Callers from other clubs were absolutely embarrassing him..

The jealousy and worry was off the scale.
'Comhost'

:vdvhmm:

The more I think about this, and read about this Sacramento cat, the more I think Mourinho is a great appointment given our circumstances.

Mourinho has a point to prove and the makings of a great side. I'll say it again, I'm optimistic.
I am as well,which is a complete turnaround from this time yesterday. I still don't necessarily like the bloke,but it's a mercenary business these days. If he can take us to the next level,so be it. It's not a long term appointment/strategy,just a slight temporary (3seaons temporary)change of direction in the project.

I am as well,which is a complete turnaround from this time yesterday. I still don't necessarily like the bloke,but it's a mercenary business these days. If he can take us to the next level,so be it. It's not a long term appointment/strategy,just a slight temporary (3seaons temporary)change of direction in the project.
I saw someone on twitter describe it like this.

Poch made us DARE to think about winning titles
Mourinho has been brought in to make us DO.

He's obviously been brought in with the idea of setting the club up in a way where we will compete for titles, even if it may just be cups and maybe the Europa as realistic to start with. But if all goes to plan he will hand over a setup that the next manager can use to have a crack at the league.

Makes sense if you think of it like that. For all Poch's perks and good deeds we just didn't seem able to get over that last hurdle.

Sacramento cat?
Mou's new assistant. 30 years old. Was assistant at Monaco when they won the French league, then moved to Lille where he helped get them back to the CL. Has also worked with the Welsh FA.

Really highly rated young coach. There are fans speculating that we have not only hired Mourinho, but his planned successor.

Mou's new assistant. 30 years old. Was assistant at Monaco when they won the French league, then moved to Lille where he helped get them back to the CL. Has also worked with the Welsh FA.

Really highly rated young coach. There are fans speculating that we have not only hired Mourinho, but his planned successor.
I'd have just left that bit off

Thanks - thought he was talking about an actual pet cat - how disappointing

Yes, I absolutely agree with last paragraph. I mean in the sense that as a guy he was super nice and sympathetic. But unfortunately in sports there is more than that. Results are first and second thing, some kind of "niceness" can come after the first two.
About loyality I cannot agree FULLY (I can partly though) - the comments he made before the biggest game of our generation were an utter egocentrical sh*tshow and nothing less than that. Absolutely outrageous decision. Guy who is dedicated and loyal, would not rock the ship like this. How would he be then "our Fergie" if he decides to push his own ego and agenda in moment like this? I cannot see it.

With your first paragraph you make Poch out to be a total victim of the circumstances like he had no control at all, but with that I cannot agree. If there were players that wanted out, then he should have frozen them out of the squad. But just the way he handeled Aurier situation (who you brought up yourself) shows that he had no vision or guts to do anything of sorts. He kept playing guys who did not care and who did not put in an effort. He had all the rights to play those who want.

If our results would have been what they were after we'd had played lineup of say - Gazza, KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, Davies, Sessegnon; Ndombele, Dier; Son, Moura; Kane - I would not have had much of an issue. I could have believed that we are actually moving towards something and we have a vision. But Eriksen, Rose, Aurier and Toby still constantly played. And likes of Tanganga, Skipp, Foyth were still nowhere to be seen. I find this as a good proof that Poch did not have it in him to make changes, so he absolutely had to go. I absolutely hope that he goes somewhere where he could develop further, gets some experiences and could join us once more one day when situation is different, but now he had to leave.
We're never going to agree on this as I think you are over simplifying the entire story. Its moot now anyway, he's gone and now we have maureen.
Lets hope he does his talking through the football the team plays and that he gets things back on track.
Hes got enough good quality toys in his sandbox, so we will see whether he can make best use of the resources at his disposal.
As sad as I am to see Poch go, he clearly struggled to lift these prima donnas, so lets hope that maureens more domineering style gets their attention.

Its all about the results, right?

The story about Rodgers being first choice doing the rounds in the media today.
Despite the fact that Mourinho has been at The Lane for most of our games this season, and the appointement took place 11 hours after Poch's sacking, which means that Levy and Mourinho had talked about him becoming manager LONG before it happened, it's obvious Rodgers was the first choice. The Anti-José agenda has begun and it's only the second day, they just want to throw him off already.

We're never going to agree on this as I think you are over simplifying the entire story. Its moot now anyway, he's gone and now we have maureen.
Lets hope he does his talking through the football the team plays and that he gets things back on track.
Hes got enough good quality toys in his sandbox, so we will see whether he can make best use of the resources at his disposal.
As sad as I am to see Poch go, he clearly struggled to lift these prima donnas, so lets hope that maureens more domineering style gets their attention.

Its all about the results, right?

Not all, but mostly.
But with Poch everything was broken in the end. Not only results. He was constantly giving poisonous and cryptic comments in media etc. Absolutely not "nice" situation to be in.
And more generally, yea, if I could take all the results with other aspects weaker or otherwise all-around good vibes but no results, I would take former.

And yea, I don't think we'll agree on stuff. Just if now Mourinho can turn the situation around, you could still assume that it was down to players being assh***s to Poch and I can say that Poch just did not know how to used them... :D

I went out there and said Sissoko would be a good signing, just an expensive one.

This is the same, although the money isn't what's hurting this time: Mourinho is a cracking appointment at this stage. Brilliant move from the club.

Back
Top Bottom