Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

starsport21.jpg

The more I think about this, and read about this Sacramento cat, the more I think Mourinho is a great appointment given our circumstances.

Mourinho has a point to prove and the makings of a great side. I'll say it again, I'm optimistic.

The more I think about this, and read about this Sacramento cat, the more I think Mourinho is a great appointment given our circumstances.

Mourinho has a point to prove and the makings of a great side. I'll say it again, I'm optimistic.

With the benefit of time, and getting over the initial shock of Poch's departure, I likewise am positive.

Cant see Eriksen in this video ??
I mean, he played a full 90 as late as the night before this. You don't see much of Toby, Son and Ben either. Who also played 90 minute games the day/evening before.

They were probably off doing lighter training/rehab off camera.

I don’t know if anyone listened to that Prick Jason Candy on Talkshite last night?
I’ve never heard anyone so bitter and jealous, I was really embarrassed for him and his comhost was absolutely ripping the piss out of him along with every caller.
His co host was trying to have a sensible debate about Mourinho and Cundys contribution was comparing him to a 3 year old beach bag with the stitching all coming out and said WE had him when he was like a top model on the front of vogue and YOU have the horse and hounds version. He thought he’d hit the jackpot by calling Mourinho the special ONCE.
It was so cringe. He reckons we have Chelsea’s cast offs and he’s finished as a manager. Callers from other clubs were absolutely embarrassing him..

The jealousy and worry was off the scale.

The only one struggling for comprehension is you
I have not suggested that we were 5 goals worse than Bayern or should have lost to Brighton at all.
The players allowed it to happen IMHO, because they are a combination of spoiled (not getting what they want in contracts) desperate to move, getting on in age and slowing up and in Auriers case - barking fucking mad and not really the right standard

It IS MY BELIEF - that the club should have stuck by Poch and shifted the wantaways, the mad and and the ageing players and accepted a fallow season whilst he got the pack back on track. But Levy has decided not to give him time,.

We have just dumped a manager who would have been our Fergie/wenger, given the opportunities to shed squads and rebuild, like the other two were.

But I have been a supporter since Bill Nick, and recognise the value of keeping the faith with good managers, but Levy panicked and got rid - only to invite his next major problem through the door.

But rest assured, I don't want him to fail to prove me right - I only want him to succeed to prove me wrong.

Time will tell.

One final point - we finally had a decent human as a manager, along the same lines as Bill Nick, Burkinshaw, and Martin Jol, I liked him as a man as well as a manager, because what happened meant something to him, and I believe that loyalty is a two way street - and he deserved better than he got.

Yes, I absolutely agree with last paragraph. I mean in the sense that as a guy he was super nice and sympathetic. But unfortunately in sports there is more than that. Results are first and second thing, some kind of "niceness" can come after the first two.
About loyality I cannot agree FULLY (I can partly though) - the comments he made before the biggest game of our generation were an utter egocentrical sh*tshow and nothing less than that. Absolutely outrageous decision. Guy who is dedicated and loyal, would not rock the ship like this. How would he be then "our Fergie" if he decides to push his own ego and agenda in moment like this? I cannot see it.

With your first paragraph you make Poch out to be a total victim of the circumstances like he had no control at all, but with that I cannot agree. If there were players that wanted out, then he should have frozen them out of the squad. But just the way he handeled Aurier situation (who you brought up yourself) shows that he had no vision or guts to do anything of sorts. He kept playing guys who did not care and who did not put in an effort. He had all the rights to play those who want.

If our results would have been what they were after we'd had played lineup of say - Gazza, KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, Davies, Sessegnon; Ndombele, Dier; Son, Moura; Kane - I would not have had much of an issue. I could have believed that we are actually moving towards something and we have a vision. But Eriksen, Rose, Aurier and Toby still constantly played. And likes of Tanganga, Skipp, Foyth were still nowhere to be seen. I find this as a good proof that Poch did not have it in him to make changes, so he absolutely had to go. I absolutely hope that he goes somewhere where he could develop further, gets some experiences and could join us once more one day when situation is different, but now he had to leave.

Jose has a point to prove , no one can deny he is a world
Class manager and he has inherited some world class players, and when he wins the CL and league within the next 2 seasons I wonder how all those saying they won’t attend matches now he has been appointed will feel?

My chelsea mate was clearly bothered when the news broke. He was the one who informed me in fact but he tried to keep his feelings hidden, talk calmly about it all.

Then I sent him the interview with Spurs tv and he absolutely lost his shit. Said Jose had been a legend but because of the “my club” comment was no longer. He is absolutely triggered by it.
jose-mourinho-laugh.gif

this wasn't my number one choice but it's good for the following reasons:

- Very high profile manager, he was never going to take a step backwards
- He's very clever and will know what is being said about him
- He has something to prove
- Man U could have been his most important position in his career - making him change

The interview he did addressed the fears we all have:

- Boring football
- Doesn't promote youth
- Will want a new team
- We don't have huge sums to throw about

Levy would have made all these fears known and he obviously got the answers he wanted and Jose has answered them for us straight away.

For Jose this could be his dream job. The one that makes him the very best:

- Near to his home and family - will make him so happy
- Working at one of the best facilities in the world and playing in one of the best stadiums
- Years without glory but the potential to soar and be known for taking us to the next level

He has changed his philosophy, new team, longer term project, working with the academy, if he pulls it off he will prove everyone wrong and that he is no three season wonder and buys titles.

We could reap the rewards of the negativity against him.

It's a big question mark if this new Jose will work, it just might not be possible, he has to prove he can adapt as a coach. It's going to be interesting.

He is a wanker but he is our wanker now

Back
Top Bottom