Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The timing of this after the Super League announcement has a bit of a whiff about it.
Same feeling.

Sound as if with ESL deal in the bag, Levy couldn't care less about planning for the rest. There is guaranteed money with ESL, and being a founding member, comes with a guaranteed spot. It's easier for Levy to find yes men now than working with manager who make the demand, and Mourinho happens to be one of the outspoken, even most annoying one.

This season was a disgrace, but Jose was sacked five days before a final from a club that hired him exactly to win titles; something happened other than his bad relationship with the squad.

Really, really strange timing.

COYS

When Poch was sacked I promised to remember his good times, not the last few months when nothing was really working and it looked like he had lost the players.

The "good times" under Mourinho lasted about six weeks. I did my best to support him while he was with us, but I'm glad to see the back of him.

No doubt, but it's delusional to think Mason is more suited to the final than Jose.

I'd be all for it if we had a decent manager lined up to take over immediately but not this.
Jose lost his last final to a Chelsea team that had staged a mutiny against Conte.

He hasn’t beaten a top half team in the prem in 4 months

He got 11 points from 12 games and 26 from 21

He lost his last meeting against pep 3-0

Presided over cup exits to Everton and humiliated against Zagreb who were in turmoil.

His name was doing nothing for us, his reputation was doing nothing for us and in the short term Mason will lift the heavy cloud simply because he’s not Mourinho.

We were going to get hammered if he remained.

Do you remember them odd people who didn't understand how it worked and would say things like. "The defence is shit what has Ledley done to them "

From the club statement.

Mourinho's coaching staff of Joao Sacramento, Nuno Santos, Carlos Lalin and Giovanni Cerra have also been sacked.

There it is these men coached the side. Well nominally they did when we were top I was saying there was scant evidence of coaching. Tell you what Ryan Mason 100% will not do worse. He may even let Ledley do more than put out the cones. Either way I know they will at least hurt when we getter battered.

When Poch was sacked I promised to remember his good times, not the last few months when nothing was really working and it looked like he had lost the players.

The "good times" under Mourinho lasted about six weeks. I did my best to support him while he was with us, but I'm glad to see the back of him.

Even then the "good times" was us nervously holding on to narrow leads, camped in our own area.

It was excruciating to watch.

All these disagrees and yet no good arguments.

Curious.
His last cup runs at Spurs have ended vs. Norwich, Leipzig, Everton and Dinamo Zagreb. To think he was going to be the difference against Man City is hilarious.

We've gone from 1% to 10% chance of beating City in my book, through sheer new manager bounce. An unfit Kane is a disaster though.

His numbers have been crazy this season.

You can't criticise Jose for players underperforming and on the other hand refuse to compliment him on those overperforming.
Kane’s (and Son’s) numbers have come DESPITE Mourinho IMO.

He has 2 of the most productive players in the prem and we are down in 8th.

Nobody was saying AVB made Bale, Sherwood made Adebayor or Ramos made Berbatov and Keane.

Kane’s (and Son’s) numbers have come DESPITE Mourinho IMO.

He has 2 of the most productive players in the prem and we are down in 8th.

Nobody was saying AVB made Bale, Sherwood made Adebayor or Ramos made Berbatov and Keane.
I never said he made Kane.

But clearly the way he utilised him added a new dimension to his game and got him career high goal contributions.

And clearly Kane appreciated this and enjoyed working with him based on the tweet.

Back
Top Bottom