Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As much as I love Julie I wouldn't wish back those tonkings we got under AVB!

I'd have the last days of Jol though
We were better under AVB than we are now I’d say. His tonkings only came about by him being given pressure from fans and the board to be more entertaining, something Dino hasn’t had to deal with as fans aren’t present.

I've wanted to give the manager time. But it doesnt look like much will change. Hopefully the next guy gets to clear our alot of junk players weve got and start fresh.

How exactly would you set this weak midfield and abysmal defence up?

Pochettino imo at our peak was tactically great but the last 12 months surrounding that CL run this lot got him sacked too. He couldn’t set them up right either. Fast forward and Pochettino with good players has set PSG up to beat Bayern Munich. Poch with our squad on the wane got absolutely dicked 7-2 remember.

We can revolving door all we like with managers but this lot of players is done, and the worst part is our stadium situation and covid finances mean we won’t have the cash to properly rebuild the squad. We are going nowhere for a while. With or without Jose Mourinho.

FYI everyone in that United back line has been heavily criticized at some point of their time there

Should we be envious of a midfield containing Fred and McTominay? That’s the problem with Mourinho. The teams we play against always have the better players

This is madness, a ridiculous way of looking at it.... surely the final is a reason to gamble and change things?
Remember Levy sacked Graham a week before the FA Semi
It's not madness if it is going to cost the club £30m if they sack him before the end of the season. We don't know what all the details are.

For me he should have gone after the run of 12 games 12 points.

If fans were permitted of course it might all be different but if not it would be so toxic.

Levy knows that if we do get to the stage where fans are permitted into the stadium he needs to have players and a team that the fans want to watch.

Levy cannot allow that to happen so he is faced with little choice.

I have never wanted a manager out this badly before.

Ramos was the last time I’ve wanted a manager sacked this much, and that was a purely results thing, I had nothing against him as a person (not included Sherwood because everyone knew he was a goner for months)

With Mourinho though, it’s the whole package. I never ever wanted this absolute weasel anywhere near our club, and while of course many tried to put on the rose tints when he arrived, and I totally understand that, I think most fans knew deep down this was a match made in hell.
He has single handedly destroyed the incredible bond fans had built with the club over the last 5 years. I was absolutely 100% invested in every single match we played. If we lost it would literally put me in a bad mood until we next played. The football we are playing is just woeful, the worst and most insipid I’ve seen us play in my lifetime I would argue, bar Ramos’ 8 games in 08/09.

We are just an absolute shambles.

I’m quite confident the only reason he hasn’t gone yet is because Daniel Levy is well aware the possibly fatal damage this will do to his reputation and relationship with fans, but if that man has one ounce of credibility left and any respect for us fans, he simply has to pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow morning at the very earliest. Enough is fucking enough.

FYI everyone in that United back line has been heavily criticized at some point of their time there

Should we be envious of a midfield containing Fred and McTominay? That’s the problem with Mourinho. The teams we play against always have the better players
Yea, the midfield complaint is weird as hell.

Who in their right mind would swap Ndombele and Hojbjerg for Fred and McTominay?

It's not madness if it is going to cost the club £30m if they sack him before the end of the season. We don't know what all the details are.

For me he should have gone after the run of 12 games 12 points.
Fair point - u think his compo is less if we don’t make Europe for example? I’m not so sure.....

For me we still have a chance of Europa with a fresh approach ahead of Everton. That qualification could pay for his sacking

the league cup is here not there, will we qualify if we continue with this approach? Almost certainly not. Will we upturn form with a change and taking the handbrake off? Possibly

let’s gamble

Back
Top Bottom