Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absofuckinglutely.

tenor.gif

I hope Levy understands what he got himself into. I assume Joe layed our his expectations as well
And Mourinho also, 2 stubborn pricks butting heads does not look like a recipe of success to me.
Hearing Mourinho say today he is happy with this squad is also worrying, we need some new blood.
I get the impression Mourinho is only here for the money if he believes that statement. What happens when he changes his tune and skinflint levy refuses to purchase ready made quality.
Implosion is the word I think will best describe it, if you think things are bad now then just wait for that....

Hearing Mourinho say today he is happy with this squad is also worrying, we need some new blood.
I get the impression Mourinho is only here for the money if he believes that statement.
He has analysed the squad over the last couple of weeks (or even months) and you can be sure that he wants to bring in 3 or even more new players as soon as it's possible and he gets the funds, but for now he has to say that we have a great squad and that he is very happy with it (which he probably is to a certain extend, I mean he has still players like Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele, Son & Kane to work with).

Last edited:
So the “Special One” a man we often branded a cunt is now as a few on here have said is “Our Special Cunt”. Question is do we actually think he can win us titles.

He has said from his opening interview that the current squad is his gift. That they are good enough to win the league. After the performances we have been tortured in watching for the last few weeks is this true!

I will stick my neck out now and say I think he can and for a few reasons.

Firstly he is an arrogant prick and it’s all about him. He has lost an element of his buzz after Utd, something he will want back. We are the platform to do it. Secondly I think this team is more than good enough. On paper it’s strong. A couple of areas need sorting(time to fuck off Serge) but I think he knows that. Lastly his mentality. He knows how to win. We haven’t had a manager of his calibre for a long time if ever, dare we say since the greatest man of our club Sir Bill Nic.
All of these in my eyes will help him push us. Not to mention even if it all falls apart at least it will wind up the Chavs no end and we will guaranteed beat the Scum from Woolwich as it’s Jose’s party trick.

I like what you're saying and I agree to an extent. The world has changed so much. Bill Nic was a gent, a believer in football as a means to produce something beautiful and winning with a great blend of skill and hard work. Something for the fans to enjoy, an almost romantic notion these days I know.

But how he got hard work out of players was so different to now. In the post war years it was the norm, hard work WAS, it was in the psyche of most people because they'd had to deal with post war poverty, national service existed until 1952, the swinging sixties hadn't happened yet and people didn't have so much leisure time compared to now. Read the Glory Game by Hunter Davies and Eddie Bailey (the no 2) told the players they were ' going over the top ' pre match and this was in 1972! Danny Blanchflower was a genius as a captain, the type of which we've rarely seen since if ever. It was a different era and for it's approach it'll never be surpassed in my eyes.

We can't turn the clock back of course. It's all about him is what worries me. Can you properly build a team with that attitude without regular new signings? How do you push the established pros? I'm excited by his appointment, Saturday will be fascinating, but the ' I'm a self centred cunt and I'll succeed ' only gets you so far in my eyes. Maybe I just hate what footy has become?

At present, we're a few positions away from a championship winning team but that will change in the summer and it will be up to Jose to sort it out.

Right back is the most obvious area that needs to be addressed but it looks like we're going to need a whole new back four if Jan, Toby and Rose leave in the summer as expected. If United have an absolute stinker of a season, we might be able to sign Harry Maguire from them and then build the new back four around him.

If Jose is unable to repurpose either Sissoko or Ndombele, we'll need a box-to-box midfielder who can be the General we need.

It's still unclear if Lo Celso is capable of replacing Eriksen or not but if he hasn't established himself in the team by the end of the season it's time to look elsewhere. Same deal with Gazzaniga - if they're good enough, great but if they're not, we need to replace. This season is their chance to show us what they can do.

If we're going to challenge, it's also important that we hang on to Kane and Son and make them feel that they're part of a team that's going places otherwise we will lose them. We're very lucky that our two best talents still want to play for us and haven't joined the rest of the want-aways and we have to do whatever it takes to keep it that way.

Sounds good. I work for a boss who says all the same things, the reality is she's a cunt who's only interested in herself and her career. Counter intuitively she doesn't trust anyone, is reactive, defensive and can't hide her contempt for those of us (me) who call her out on it. I'll be out of the firm possibly on the back of this. I want the best for the business and the team genuinely, believe in the ' team ' as a concept and in reality, but her deep rooted psychological ' issues ' will mean we never achieve this as she can't even properly conceive what I've described above as a reality.

I'm not saying Jose is like that but the proof is in the pudding, he's been brilliant from a PR point of view so far and is a born short term winner (in terms of length of time at club) with an illustrative career and trophy haul, but his personality from a psychological point of view won't have changed.

I guess what I'm saying is, is the end worth the means? Pep is a brilliant coach, but I find him ignorant, obnoxious, intolerant and basically a bit of a cunt. Isn't that why they don't stay at clubs for long?

Sir Alex was the same, I've met ex United players who said he was a horrible, nasty bully and it was a horrible experience being in that atmosphere. Brian Clough decked Roy Keane for a bad back pass. Winners yes, cunts yes. Can't a manager inspire people any more? My best bosses and teachers respected me and I'd run through brick walls for them. The cunts I only did enough for.

Guess what I'm saying is I'm having a shit time at work....

:adewtf:

I used to piss up the brick walls of the teachers that respected me, it was always the cunts that got my homework on time.

You've got to bear in mind these are millionaire man children, isn't that what we loved initially about Poch, the way he fucked off the wankers from the get go ?

In footballing terms Mourinho is an extremely intelligent and articulate guy, and I think amidst all the media tomfuckery, we can overlook that his core values are very good ones, I do believe he understands how to communicate his objectives and philosophy - the most important thing in a leader - and fundamentally he understands and prioritises the collective ethos, doesn't like cunts who don't work for their team mates, hates to lose. That can obviously cause friction, but I also remember watching Marco Matarazzi in tears when Mourinho left Inter. I don't think we always see that Mourinho publicly, I don't think he wants us to. There's no way he achieves what he has by just be a cunt and pissing all his players off. I'm pretty sure there's a side to him that does inspire loyalty and spirit, his sides achievements speak to this. I think we've even seen with Poch how the same group will inevitably stop listening to the same message after 3 years or so, especially when it isn't succeeding.

I get where you are coming from, I have repeatedly said I didn't want him, but I have to admit, listening to him is a fucking breath of fresh air after the flimsy fucking gibberish I've had to listen to Poch spout for 6 years. And the bollocks that blaggers like Redknapp and his fuckwit protege Sherwod would spout. I don't think Ive ever managed to listen to more than 5 minutes of a Poch press interview before getting bored by his banal mumbo jumbo.

A combination of Mourinho, Levy, a playing staff consisting of a bunch of demotivated bumbling cunts and our fans bullshit "Spurs Way" delusions, means this has got tits up written all over it, but in one interview and press conference he's reached round and stuck a pinky up my arse the way Poch hasn't for about 4 years.

I have to admit, I'm a little bit intrigued to see what happens next.

I like what you're saying and I agree to an extent. The world has changed so much. Bill Nic was a gent, a believer in football as a means to produce something beautiful and winning with a great blend of skill and hard work. Something for the fans to enjoy, an almost romantic notion these days I know.

But how he got hard work out of players was so different to now. In the post war years it was the norm, hard work WAS, it was in the psyche of most people because they'd had to deal with post war poverty, national service existed until 1952, the swinging sixties hadn't happened yet and people didn't have so much leisure time compared to now. Read the Glory Game by Hunter Davies and Eddie Bailey (the no 2) told the players they were ' going over the top ' pre match and this was in 1972! Danny Blanchflower was a genius as a captain, the type of which we've rarely seen since if ever. It was a different era and for it's approach it'll never be surpassed in my eyes.

We can't turn the clock back of course. It's all about him is what worries me. Can you properly build a team with that attitude without regular new signings? How do you push the established pros? I'm excited by his appointment, Saturday will be fascinating, but the ' I'm a self centred cunt and I'll succeed ' only gets you so far in my eyes. Maybe I just hate what footy has become?
giphy.gif

Mourinho says he joined cos he likes the squad and said he doesn't need any new players

Oh mourinho. Do you know what you've let yourself in to??

Brian Clough did it but he was only successful at clubs that he could build from the ground up around a group of players who owed him their careers - he couldn't hack it at Leeds where he had a group of established internationals who didn't owe him a thing as illustrated in The Damned United.

Jose has consistently done it with established internationals and some of the biggest clubs in world football - Serie A and La Liga titles don't grow on trees and I have absolutely no doubt in Jose's ability to handle the big boys.

I'm taking my daughter to that, her first ever Spurs game. Gonna be a VERY loud one. She'll learn some new vocabulary that night.
Nice one mate! Its the Chelsea and Woolwich games you want them to go to-what a christening to have, my first game was Woolwich in 95 and I will never forget it as long as I live-everything about it.
Fuck bringing them to Watford and Villa at home on a sunny saturday afternoon;)

Back
Top Bottom