Jordan Henderson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No-one is pussy footing around them though, I'm just giving you the cold hard facts and the reality, yes they have bigoted views and yes I don't agree with their views but at the end of the day that is their belief system and that's what they have grown up to believe. At the end of the day it's their country, it's their culture and they can do whatever the fuck they want, I don't have an issue with that, I do however have an issue when they openly practice that over here though.

And respectfully please take a step back, you speak as if everyone in that country is like that, I have colleague that are from Saudi and/or Muslim and they don't believe that if they turn their back on Allah then that is completely forbidden and they will go to hell, at the same time those very same people accepted homosexuality, mainly because they're living in the Western World and they have learnt to accept others...and I'd expect that from anyone who goes to live in another country like Saudi, if you're going to over there you just have to respect the countries culture and beliefs, it's as simple as that.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I would never for a split second think that everyone in Saudi is like that. That's just mental. I am referring to the law makers and those that support this barbarity.

And saying God is a fictional figure is just entirely ignorant and pretty close minded, you need to travel my friend - go to a country who are steeped in religious culture anywhere across the world, speak to someone from India, Israel, Romania, Greece etc...and say that to an inhabitant over there and you will find out how wrong you are pretty quickly, that's deeply disrespectful to just dismiss God as a fictional character like that, mental.

My son is convinced that Batman exists and actually lives in Gotham City. Doesn't make it so. Belief is not the same as scientific fact.

What do you want me to say, if you don't believe me there's nothing more to say.

Mate we are having a healthy debate, I've asked you two questions which are in relation to my original point but if you don't want to continue the debate then that's cool, no harm - it's pointless even engaging in that case :thumbup:

I think you may have misunderstood me. I would never for a split second think that everyone in Saudi is like that. That's just mental. I am referring to the law makers and those that support this barbarity.

My son is convinced that Batman exists and actually lives in Gotham City. Doesn't make it so. Belief is not the same as scientific fact.

Batman? See this is why I try and stay clear from these religious/cultural debates on the internet because you get pointless bad faith responses like this, oh well was fun whilst it lasted :)

All I can say to you is get the passport out my friend and do some travelling and learn to live amongst different cultures, I guarantee that your mind will be opened and you'd probably be more understanding, that's if you want it to be...

Batman? See this is why I try and stay clear from these religious/cultural debates on the internet because you get pointless bad faith responses like this, oh well was fun whilst it lasted :)

Not sure it is bad faith. I was merely using it as an analogy that just because someone believes something, doesn't make it so.

All I can say to you is get the passport out my friend and do some travelling and learn to live amongst different cultures, I guarantee that your mind will be opened and you'd probably be more understanding, that's if you want it to be...

I'll happily admit to being an atheist (and I have travelled btw), and I'm more than happy for people to believe whatever they want. Where I draw the line is religious murder or something that inflicts suffering on others.

If someone wants to inflict harm based on a religious conviction, then it's not unreasonable to ask that person to prove that belief scientifically.

It's not about experience of culture, it's a basic logical fact that there is no such thing as god. No Allah, no Yahweh, no Krishna, Thor or Odin. Voodoo curses don't work, there's no evil eye and you won't get bad luck for walking under a ladder.

And there are plenty of ignorant fucks who've travelled the world.

Throw another £200k at him and he would have changed his mind

Everyone can be bought, anyone that says otherwise is just lying to themselves or out of touch with reality, sorry.
I can't be brought. He proved he couldn't. Your opinion won't change facts. I turn down money all the time on ethical grounds I turned down a hugely lucrative Qatari world cup job, it was easy and the zero's on cheque was irrelevant. Its not the binary you seem to think. We will all die and the money won't matter it the end.

Last edited:
It’s not just him. You could say the same about the whole England squad, Gareth Southgate and the FA.

The ‘solidarity’ they showed before the World Cup was just virtue signalling/PR. None of them probably actually believed in what they were preaching.

Look how quickly they backed down over the rainbow armband
Part of the he FA statement on taking the knee;

"As the team has reiterated many times, they will collectively take the knee ahead of their fixtures during the tournament. They are doing this as a mechanism of peacefully protesting against discrimination, injustice, and inequality. This is personally important to the players and the values the team collectively represents."

They left out the bit that says ;

"But in reality we couldn't give a fuck"

If you're not a saint you can't judge any sinner? A theif can't judge a rapist?
Where did i say that? A person Saying messi should be turned on because he plays in USA is hypocritical when the country that invented the sport is guilty of as much if not worse for longer.
If thats our standard anyone playing in britain should be turned on.
Im pointing out the non validity of the arguement

I can't be brought. He proved he couldn't. Your opinion won't change facts. I turn down money all the time on ethical grounds I turned down a hugely lucrative Qatari world cup job, it was easy and the zero's on cheque was irrelevant. Its not the binary you seem to think. We will all die and the money won't matter it the end.

Fairs, change that to the vast majority of people then, how much were you offered by the way of yiu don't mind me asking?

Also would there ever be a price that would turn your head?

Fairs, change that to the vast majority of people then, how much were you offered by the way of yiu don't mind me asking?

Also would there ever be a price that would turn your head?

Just because YOU probably have a price that you would take to forget any supposed 'principles' that you have, please don't assume everyone is like that.

How much would it take for YOU to go work in Saudi etc - let's turn that question on you,

Just because YOU probably have a price that you would take to forget any supposed 'principles' that you have, please don't assume everyone is like that.

How much would it take for YOU to go work in Saudi etc - let's turn that question on you,

Dunno depends what they're offering, package etc...

I'm definitely pushing them for the most I can get out of them, enough so I'm set for life anyway...

I turned down an eye watering amount to work in Saudi because I was warned off by other expats who had worked there previously. Not because of morals, but because I'd have spent years working in a desert camp.

I went to Qatar instead! The money wasn't as eye watering as Saudi, but there was definitely a build up of moisture.

The difference between someone like Henderson and myself is that I wasn't already a multi millionaire before going there and I'd never put myself forward as a supporter of LGBTQ (the terms never existed back then) and spent time in the public eye making sure everyone knew it.

I went to Qatar in order to set up the rest of my life, Henderson is already set, so his motivation is pure greed, same as every other player going there, it's money for Jam. Look at what Neymar was demanding as part of his package, 4 G Wagons? 4??!

How much is enough?

Dunno depends what they're offering, package etc...

I'm definitely pushing them for the most I can get out of them, enough so I'm set for life anyway...
cretinousgoat cretinousgoat is right Shady.. if you believe this then effectively you are saying you could be coherced into working for anyone as long as the sum of money is high enough....you know where that leads right? So Where's the line will you do ANYTHING as long as the price point is right. I don't believe that of you or indeed lots of people.

cretinousgoat cretinousgoat is right Shady.. if you believe this then effectively you are saying you could be coherced into working for anyone as long as the sum of money is high enough....you know where that leads right? So Where's the line will you do ANYTHING as long as the price point is right. I don't believe that of you or indeed lots of people.

Of course I can, I'm not denying that - I think it's highly irresponsible to my family if I'm getting offered massive amounts of money and I turn it down, I have the opportunity to change my life and change theirs.

But I'm asking you if you have a price, like is there a price that will turn your head or are you saying hypothetically that you'd be happy to turn down any sum of money?

It's not about experience of culture, it's a basic logical fact that there is no such thing as god. No Allah, no Yahweh, no Krishna, Thor or Odin. Voodoo curses don't work, there's no evil eye and you won't get bad luck for walking under a ladder.

And there are plenty of ignorant fucks who've travelled the world.

That is not a "logical fact". Not by a long stretch. Don't want to derail this thread and take it off topic but as someone interested in philosophy and who enjoys formal atheist/theist debates, I see the kalam argument for God or the contingency argument in particular as the much stronger positions than atheism. Some atheists often fall into fallacies of infinite regress of dependent things or claim a universe from nothing which are far more absurd propositions than maintaining an independent entity began the universe imo.

The point being some of the most well known philosophers are still debating these issues so to take one position as fact is absurd. To say it is the only logical position is to ignore the mountains of evidence that is provided by the opposite side in these debates.

People can believe what they want as long as you're not harming others due to those beliefs.

No genuine religion should preach anything other than equality, peace, love, etc.

And any culture that says women should serve men, that being gay is a crime, who kill any who oppose the leadership, etc shouldn't be pandered to.

You don't have to travel to understand that and going to these countries to kick a ball about, while taking obscene amounts of money in return, isn't going to educate them. They even greyed out the rainbow stuff in Henderson's welcome video ffs. They don't give a shit.

Publicly taking a stand and declining their offer, explaining in great detail why, might have helped a small bit.

Its why Neville was a prick around the World Cup and why the teams shouldn't have backed down about the rainbow armbands.

Just a reminder that Saudi Arabia last week sentenced to death a retired school teacher for critical tweeting with a grand total of 10 followers between two different accounts.

Saudi Arabia under MBS is an unconscionable totalitarian regime. They're absolutely no better than their arch rivals Iran.

Back
Top Bottom