Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s been brilliant for Leeds by all accounts. Will get a bigger fee than Shitberg or Royal

Very handy leverage his season.

Think they have an option or similar for a great price but we'd get way more and he'd get a bigger club if we open up a market for him.

We can tell them something like Gray for 30m or Summerville for 20m and we won't listen to any other offers for Rodon.

Think they have an option or similar for a great price but we'd get way more and he'd get a bigger club if we open up a market for him.

We can tell them something like Gray for 30m or Summerville for 20m and we won't listen to any other offers for Rodon.

If the option exists and they want him then that's that..... We'd be in breach of contract to refuse them at the previously agreed price.

There's no leverage in that scenario..

.............Not that a quick google throws up an article claiming that there is a purchase clause tho'.

If the option exists and they want him then that's that..... We'd be in breach of contract to refuse them at the previously agreed price.

There's no leverage in that scenario..

.............Not that a quick google throws up an article claiming that there is a purchase clause tho'.

Their option doesn't mean the player has to agree.

If we accept an offer from Bournemouth for 25m, Rodon can choose to go there regardless of Leeds' option.

Their option doesn't mean the player has to agree.

If we accept an offer from Bournemouth for 25m, Rodon can choose to go there regardless of Leeds' option.

If the player flat out refuses; yes we would then have the option to sell him elsewhere... But if that player is agreeable to the move we can't just say "Screw you, Leeds... We want 25m now unless you let us have one of your star players".

The only way the market "opens up" (as you put it) is if the player or Leeds pulls the plug on the OG agreement.... We (Spurs) don't have leverage IF(!) there is an agreed option price.

They’d want 80m at least + Rodon for those two players. Gray will go for a crazy fee if he leaves.

If the player flat out refuses; yes we would then have the option to sell him elsewhere... But if that player is agreeable to the move we can't just say "Screw you, Leeds... We want 25m now unless you let us have one of your star players".

The only way the market "opens up" (as you put it) is if the player or Leeds pulls the plug on the OG agreement.... We (Spurs) don't have leverage IF(!) there is an agreed option price.

No, if another club comes in and offers more we can accept. If the player prefers that club he goes there.

If we don't accept other offers they can pay the agreed fee. There is our leverage because he's had a good season and will have offers higher than the fee they have agreed.

They’d want 80m at least + Rodon for those two players. Gray will go for a crazy fee if he leaves.

No way.

This is the championship, they aren't getting 40m each for Gray and Summerville. I would guess Summerville at the same price as reported for CHO today MAX!! Gray people seem convinced it would be higher but if you offer them 30m they would take it IMO.

No, if another club comes in and offers more we can accept. If the player prefers that club he goes there. etc.

You're still not getting it.........

If Leeds wish to trigger the clause and the player agrees then it's "tough shit, Tottenham."

..........And if Joe doesn't want to sign for Leeds it doesn't matter if we want Gray or not.

Last edited:
No, if another club comes in and offers more we can accept. If the player prefers that club he goes there.

If we don't accept other offers they can pay the agreed fee. There is our leverage because he's had a good season and will have offers higher than the fee they have agreed.

No way.

This is the championship, they aren't getting 40m each for Gray and Summerville. I would guess Summerville at the same price as reported for CHO today MAX!! Gray people seem convinced it would be higher but if you offer them 30m they would take it IMO.
They’d reject 20m for Summerville and also 60m for Gray even if they didn’t go up. Gray will end up going for crazy money close to Grealish in the future I think. Even if they stay down or get promoted think he’ll stay there at least another season. Summerville would be 30m+

They’d reject 20m for Summerville and also 60m for Gray even if they didn’t go up. Gray will end up going for crazy money close to Grealish in the future I think. Even if they stay down or get promoted think he’ll stay there at least another season. Summerville would be 30m+

Grealish money was only Grealish money cos he'd already proved himself in the prem at Villa put in a "fuck off" clause in his contract.

.....We're still a way off clubs paying 60m for a player that's never player above champo level.

Grealish money was only Grealish money cos he'd already proved himself in the prem at Villa put in a "fuck off" clause in his contract.

.....We're still a way off clubs paying 60m for a player that's never player above champo level.
He’s just turned 18 can play RB and several roles in CM and made it look easy so far. My uncle is Leeds and watched quite a few of their games with him this season. They aren’t going to sell their golden boy for 30m it’ll be huge money.

He’s just turned 18 can play RB and several roles in CM and made it look easy so far. My uncle is Leeds and watched quite a few of their games with him this season. They aren’t going to sell their golden boy for 30m it’ll be huge money.

£60m - £100m is still a HUUUUGE claim considering; if you're only counting players with no top-flight experience the record signings the top 3 are:

Joao Pedro - €34m
Jude Bellingham - €30m
Tyler Adams - €26m

............................If Leeds get promoted and he has a blinder in the EPL for a year then it's a different story; all 'bets' are off.

How about one of these in part ex :skipwtf::royaltongue::davieshmm:

£60m - £100m is still a HUUUUGE claim considering; if you're only counting players with no top-flight experience the record signings the top 3 are:

Joao Pedro - €34m
Jude Bellingham - €30m
Tyler Adams - €26m

............................If Leeds get promoted and he has a blinder in the EPL for a year then it's a different story; all 'bets' are off.
I said before he won’t leave this summer even if they don’t go up. They see him as a generational talent and the player himself is totally committed to them in the way Gerrard was with Liverpool, don’t think he’ll ever throw his toys out and push for a move if the bigger clubs come calling.

I’m not saying he’s worth that money at the moment but that’s what it’ll take for the club to consider. You can quote me if he goes to Everton for 30m in the summer;)

I said before he won’t leave this summer even if they don’t go up. They see him as a generational talent and the player himself is totally committed to them in the way Gerrard was with Liverpool, don’t think he’ll ever throw his toys out and push for a move if the bigger clubs come calling.

I’m not saying he’s worth that money at the moment but that’s what it’ll take for the club to consider. You can quote me if he goes to Everton for 30m in the summer;)

If they're still floundering in the champ in another couple of years that could all change quite quickly.

If they're still floundering in the champ in another couple of years that could all change quite quickly.
Maybe if they had another financial meltdown but if they don’t win on Sunday they’ll surely come up next season. Champ looks far weaker, the playoff loser and probably Burnley big favourites for top 2.

I still think there's a good player there at premier league level. We'll have a lot of games next season and I'd personally be happy to keep him around and give him minutes. Looked to me like he could play out and read the game well with good positioning to get blocks in.

Back
Top Bottom