Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember crying when he left. I may shed a tear today, when the inevitable tributes are paid to him prior to kick off. Its right it should be today, against his only other club.
WHU don't count.

My wife's family knew the Greaves family really well as they grew up, she doesn't really like football but I just let her know the sad news and she cried her eyes out, I'm doing the same as I write this.
Jimmy was the best striker ever to have worn the spurs shirt ,I'm am so sad.

Too young to see him play but I saw him do a stand up tour once in Bedford. In addition to being one of the very greatest goalscorers he was also incredibly funny. RIP.

What a legend . He was a bit before my time , but saw videos of him. Don’t make them like him anymore . I wonder what he thought of the state of the game today ? Let alone the state of the country .

My memories of him were saint and greavesie… I played football Saturday morning , then home for their show with beans on toast . That always got the Saturday going was their show .

So sad to hear this news, although expecting it. A true Legend of our Club and the game in general. I feel privileged that I saw him in a Spurs shirt in his last season. He would be one of the first names to make a Spurs First Eleven. He can now reform the legendary G-Men partnership with Gilly. Thank you for your service and legacy. Rest in peace Jimmy, you're free from your pain now. We will miss you :(

Back
Top Bottom