Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The pitches were clay mudbaths, the balls were made of lead, but Greavsie still managed to float past people like he was skating on ice, then glide the ball into the back of the net. A wizard, a maestro, a genius - our legend, my hero.

Where's the b888dy statue, Tottenham?

Testament to everything he achieved that you have a whole generation of people that never saw him play but just know how much of a legend he was

Glad he has no more suffering and is at peace

Just shed more than a tear or two.... All for a man I never even saw play.... That's a legend, right there!!!

Football training and then rush home for Saint & Greavsie on TV.... That was my childhood.

Always loved him for that alone. So heartbreaking to see such an amazing character suffer so in later life.

You can rest easy now, Jimmy.

BLESS YOU, THANK YOU & RiP.

Growing up my late father was always telling me what a great goalscorer Jimmy was. His anniversary was only four days ago. Sad sad day and I haven't even watched us play yet.

Sad news. Jimmy was and is a Spurs legend, perhaps THE Spurs legend.

My Dad started supporting Spurs due to an 18th birthday trip to London in April 1961 - one of the Spurs matches he took in was away to Chelsea, and he still talks about having seen Greavsie play against us in that match. He was delighted when we signed him later that season.

Greavsie on TV at Saturday lunchtimes with Saint was a big part of my football education too.

Just shed more than a tear or two.... All for a man I never even saw play.... That's a legend, right there!!!

Football training and then rush home for Saint & Greavsie on TV.... That was my childhood.

Always loved him for that alone. So heartbreaking to see such an amazing character suffer so in later life.

You can rest easy now, Jimmy.

BLESS YOU, THANK YOU & RiP.
Saint and Greavsie broke new ground didn't it? It was the precursor to Fantasy Football with Baddiel and Skinner, Soccer AM and all those shows I used to religiously watch back when I was still in love with the beautiful game.

I vaguely remember you had the Big match and Match of the Day with the talking heads, but I think Saint and Greavsie was something a bit different.

Back
Top Bottom