January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aaron Lennon?

JS55967057.jpg
importedImage33064_header

Nicolas Anelka holding his Baggies jersey like a soiled nappy?

Got to be happy with that. Just need to turn some of those loans into departures in the summer and we’ll be happy. They won’t raise much in funds though, we’ll have to get that elsewhere but just moving them out this window and next will put us in a great position. When you look around the league it is the moving of players on that a lot of clubs are finding hard. They can’t take hits on fees because of FFP but with our wiggle room (if it is still there) it has to be an advantage when moving players out as well as bringing them in.

So everybody else’s window was -5 or -2 or 0 out of 10?
Head. Wobble. Again.
A lot of people were already satisfied with one or two players, you were one of those.
While I wanted the club to push on and sign one or two prospects for the summer. because I felt there were opportunities out there and I was right.

All of these 23 or under:

Kulusevski
Dragusin
Van De Ven
Phillips
Udogie
Sarr
Johnson
Skipp
Sessegnon
Veliz
Moore
Bergvall
Donley
Vuskovic
Dorrington
Scarlett
Parrot
Devine
Santiago

That's a huge pool of quality to develop and build around. Well done Spurs, really impressive work so far
Sess is shit and he's got to go.

Don't rule out Nusa in the summer just yet you know....

Brentford have an absolute bastard of a fixture list up until 30th March (Man City twice, Woolwich, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, away games at West Ham, Wolves, Burnley etc.

Currently 4 points above relegation, they've got a lot to navigate through from now until this seasons done.
Well not so sure about that, Brugge are shady bastards and Nusa has some issues.

I was just pondering on who would be managing us when our impressive bunch of young players come of age. I’m probably being very optimistic, and I know Ange often only stays a couple of years, but a big part of me thinks he’s going to want to see this all come to fruition. If we’re beating the likes of Bayern and Barca to the best talent, Ange would have never been in that position before. Hopefully the project is too exciting to leave.

I was just pondering on who would be managing us when our impressive bunch of young players come of age. I’m probably being very optimistic, and I know Ange often only stays a couple of years, but a big part of me thinks he’s going to want to see this all come to fruition. If we’re beating the likes of Bayern and Barca to the best talent, Ange would have never been in that position before. Hopefully the project is too exciting to leave.
When in doubt, Mason will be wheeled out.

Back
Top Bottom