January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Parrot is supposed to be having a good loan too at the moment.

But at this point I have to say I’ve seen nothing from Scarlett that remotely makes him out to be a decent player.

Not seen enough of Veliz to get any sense of his ability but there’s something that I like about him, probably his passion for the game and team???

Lankshear; I’ve almost given up trying to predict weather academy lads will make it or not but in isolation just taking him in context as an academy player there appears to be none better. Quit like the fact that like Kane he started off at Woolwich.
I don't really see it in Scarlett either tbh, I think he's just one of a number of examples of youth players that tear it up in the youth teams but look average at best in senior matches, he just doesn't seem to have any really outstanding attributes that will help him make it at senior level, he's not especially strong or fast, and his finishing is suspect for a forward. There must be something there in training that we haven't seen on the pitch, Mourinho clearly took a liking to him and Ange has had him in and around the squad, but at his age he needs to be taking opportunities like his Ipswich loan by the scruff of the neck and proving himself at the level below if he's ever going to step up to PL level, yet he failed to score a single goal there and had his loan terminated due to a lack of playing time.
Like you say Lankshear is too young to pin any hopes on but I do like the look of Veliz, very raw and needs refining but he has good attributes to be a successful 9 in the PL. I fancy him to make it with us much more than Scarlett, who I think we will cut loose eventually, especially if Donley ends up playing up front for us (it's been said he can play at 9 and 10 and has done for the youth teams).

Wtf does this even mean 😭🤣

Confucius.jpg

+

eeyore_3_992af934.jpeg

= 2/10

People are quick to write off Scarlett just as many did when Kane was the same age.

I'm not saying he's the next Kane but people are too quick to come to definite conclusions on players they've seen little of and who are clearly still developing and a long way from the finished product. Let's just wait and see and trust the club who see them all the time. Some will make it, some won't, some might even become top class players. I'm just glad we have them.

All of these 23 or under:

Kulusevski
Dragusin
Van De Ven
Phillips
Udogie
Sarr
Johnson
Skipp
Sessegnon
Veliz
Moore
Bergvall
Donley
Vuskovic
Dorrington
Scarlett
Parrot
Devine
Santiago

That's a huge pool of quality to develop and build around. Well done Spurs, really impressive work so far

As much as I like the three of them, they could step down from their soapbox every once in a while.
It's hardly even a crime what was done at Juve, they were basically guilty of "creative accounting" to circumvent FFP rules, if there was any chance of a charge like shareholder deception or fraud then he wouldn't be allowed out of Italy pending a trial.

Don't rule out Nusa in the summer just yet you know....

Brentford have an absolute bastard of a fixture list up until 30th March (Man City twice, Woolwich, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, away games at West Ham, Wolves, Burnley etc.

Currently 4 points above relegation, they've got a lot to navigate through from now until this seasons done.

Back
Top Bottom