January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't O'Keefe coming across as a bit of a nob in these recent tweets...? Maybe he should get off twitter with his ITK bollocks if he objects to being asked about it?
Just a thought.

Paul is well connected and very good with inside knowledge of all things Spurs.

I'd take his word over any "ITK" on any media platform including those reporters who are aligned to the club.

What he said on that Tweet is correct, one clickbait statement on Twitter regarding an incoming or outgoing player, leads to a rabid thirst for immediate answers, many from fans just fishing for an answer.

Most from self-entitled, pre puberty pillocks.

Don't be silly.

We wanted him

We enquired about him

Undoubtedly we were told the price

We knew the price

So did Brentford

Brentford paid it, or close to it

We were gazumped. We've been watching him since last summer, and we dawdled so fucking long, a little team like Brentford came in and did the deal.
Grealish all over again. In a year or 2 this kid will be moving on again for money well out of our reach.
Probably to Brighton as the one of the other unrestricted-by-ffp teams. They'll blow us out of the water with a £35m offer for him.

"We were gazumped"

We were gazumped by BM, how did that work out for them?

If the kid, believes that his future lies plying his trade for a mid-table, small club with little chance of European football, and finite financial ability with which to compete then fair enough.

I would prefer Ange bring in an ambitious, hungry, fearless prospect.

Udogie being the prime example of this and he actually started for a team in a tougher league. He didn't shy away from having to challenge for a starting spot.

In my humble opinion the the player is being poorly advised.

"We were gazumped"

If the kid, believes that his future lies plying his trade for a mid-table, small club with little chance of European football, and finite financial ability with which to compete then fair enough.

Udogie being the prime example of this and he actually started for a team in a tougher league. He didn't shy away from having to challenge for a starting spot.

Seems much more likely to me that in his heart he wants his future to be with a club like City/United/Chelsea and knows its more likely he ends up there if he goes and succeeds at Brentford who will be much more likely to sell a young top talent than try to hold on to him and/or sell him abroad.

We're in a weird place. We don't win trophies, but we're loaded financially and don't often get rolled over for players we want to keep and/or don't want to sell to rivals. We refused domestic moves and made Modric and Kane stew while we waited for offers from abroad. Agents and players see/remember those instances.

Realistically those are the kind of signings we have to be looking at, with that kind of cheap fee. I have no confidence those kind of signings can be done in the time we go left.
I agree they are the types of signings we should be looking at as we struggle to compete when a player becomes the finished article.

On the flip side he will not be the only very good teenager we are looking at. There will be others and we might decide another is either better suited or has more of what we need.

If as reported there was an issue over game time then we cannot and should not be guaranteeing anyone game time. Its down to your hard work and play and how you fit into the team.

"We were gazumped"

Yeah our attack is primed for someone to break into.

Learn from an ageing Sonny for a season be a starter by 20 in the PL challenging for big things.

5 yr deal could leave at 23 if we dont push on.

Back
Top Bottom