January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks really mobile and able to cover ground but also technical.

Wharton looks like Vermeeren to me, more 6 than 8. But I really like the look of them both as well.
that's the point, we need a player who can spell Bentancur and Bissouma. Wharton is the sort of deep lying midfielder that we can bring on and just dominate teams in possession, his passing and spatial awareness really looks special. His feel for the game, unreal.

I prefer a bit more dynamism from an 8 than Hackney provides. Of course, a great prospect, don't get me wrong. But if we must choose between the two, give me Wharton by far.

that's the point, we need a player who can spell Bentancur and Bissouma. Wharton is the sort of deep lying midfielder that we can bring on and just dominate teams in possession, his passing and spatial awareness really looks special. His feel for the game, unreal.

I prefer a bit more dynamism from an 8 than Hackney provides. Of course, a great prospect, don't get me wrong. But if we must choose between the two, give me Wharton by far.

Think they want someone that spells Sarr more than Bentancur and Bissouma

These two look like great prospects but for me are at a point where you sign and loan back for 18 months before reevaluating - we want to be challenging for everything from next season IMVHO and to do that we need 4 PL ready CMs, not 3 and an 18 year old prospect.

These two look like great prospects but for me are at a point where you sign and loan back for 18 months before reevaluating - we want to be challenging for everything from next season IMVHO and to do that we need 4 PL ready CMs, not 3 and an 18 year old prospect.
Yes. I personally would be very reluctant to spend big on a Chelsea player, but Ange won't want a player with a high ceiling for three seasons from now.

Yeh the market is a lot harder that how we have made it look. We have been hitting gem after gem for well below normal price From Udogie to Sarr to Vacario and you have to say since Paratici has come the clubs transfer activity has gone from mostly shit to fantastic both in terms of quality of player and price.

Gallagher is a well know player in the prem who is a key player and captain for Chelsea and has been on good form. If Spurs were selling Gallagher I would expect us to sell to another prem team for at least £40 to 60m. Not saying we don’t look at alternatives that might be cheaper or maybe better but if the club believes he has the right attributes to grow the team long team then that price is as expected.
Gallagher and Sarr as the 8 rotation would be ridiculous.

People really need to understand this very simple concept. Daniel Levy will not give Chelsea the sweat off his ball sack. Its one of the few things I respect about him. No way in hell we give them 45-60 million to break them out of FFP jail. Can people not see THIS moment is what Levy bet everything on.

Look at what's happening stand back a bit: Newcastle on record as having to sell a Gumarese or Gordon, Everton docked points with Braithwaite vulnerable, Wolves almost certainly having to sell Cuhna or Jota, and about to be docked points. Chelsea admitting one charge of rule breaches, with another dozen pending, Man City over one hundred charges. Woolwich have to sell to buy. Meanwhile at Spurs...four hundred million in wiggle room. This is what Daniel Levy wanted and he's not going to waste it. We are getting a world level forward come Summer. I'm talking Oshimen level. He has been a vocal proponent of FFP it must have killed him to sit through the age of the financial dopers, but now its the age of Ange and Levy has the ability to arm him properly.

T’riffic post

Not sure I agree. Hackney seems a better technical footballer. Wharton more blood and thunder. Can I ask you why?

View: https://youtu.be/HfRgHNbvVR8?si=RhCAUuo61NVgWsLJ

I just love his reading of the game. That left foot and the angles he finds from deep midfield are special. Reminds me of Carrick actually TeamSpirit™ TeamSpirit™ is spot on.

Look how he received everything on the halfturn. Keeps the team ticking and has a great frame, can sort of throw his legs out there and get interceptions easily.

Hackney is brilliant, I just think Wharton is the more rare profile. Needs a bit more juice athletically but he's got lynchpin of a midfield potential.

As with my other response to someone else if we aren't interested the discussion is moot - but all things being equal, if we have identified the player as a good fit and someone we want to pursue then the prices being bandied about are fair/realistic/affordable for us.
Your ignoring the point the price regarding Chelseas situation IS relevant. They are in a bad place and helping them out of it with a bundle of Spurs supporters cash( the club that so relished Willian shitting on us) is not something we should or will do. The payments that Willians agent got is what put them here. The worlds is not so short of box to box players that we should enable them the opportunity to buy a forward to fix their team. I'm all for spending 60 70 80 million but not with Chelsea. Gallagher is far from unique.

Back
Top Bottom