January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he wants to piss his career away playing as a 4th/5th in line CB for a team in a pub league then let him.

If he’s on his way to London right now and signs tomorrow, great. If he doesn’t, massive bullet dodged.

What some need to get by is this is a 21 year old kid who’s got a massive decision to make in his life. If he needs to take 12 hours to decide then who gives a fuck what we think. If he picks us then I’m sure we’ll all be delighted and if he doesn’t then good luck to him and we go get someone else.
There’s not many of us that have to make a decision like that at his age.

Yeh feels like he is just letting us down slowly.

If it's a simple as being on the brink of signing for us and a bigger, richer team comes in with an offer; then taking a day to mull it all over is fair fucks tbh........ In what world don't you at least consider it?

Sucks to be us in that context, but it is what it is........ This doesn't feel like a full blown WIllian hijack job.

At this point; whatever decision he makes it best for Spurs.

If it's a simple as being on the brink of signing for us and a bigger, richer team comes in with an offer; then taking a day to mull it all over is fair fucks tbh........ In what world don't you at least consider it?

Sucks to be us in that context, but it is what it is........ This doesn't feel like a full blown WIllian hijack job.

At this point; whatever decision he makes it best for Spurs.

Long as we have a quick trigger on a back up CB it’s fine, ideally we would have a CB for United game.

Did okay at Lens, flopped at Rennes, never used at Forest, now playing for Sevilla who are struggling mightily...though their whole team is meh.

Not that quick, not that strong, gets caught out of position, seems to not know how/when to press, wasteful in possession, has been sent off once this season...but yeah he can carry the ball a bit, makes decent clearances, is a danger for the other team on set pieces and he's made the team of the week a few times since he's in La Liga.

Defo wouldn't be my plan A, B or C and I can't say I'm over the moon with it being Jan 10th and we're talking about this kid to solve our CB crisis. Yeah yeah it's January, we have no money, Bayern a bigger draw etc etc, but that defo feels underwhelming.

But the usual "if Ange fancies him then I'll back him etc etc".

Long as we have a quick trigger on a back up CB it’s fine, ideally we would have a CB for United game.

Ideally; of course...... (And if we don't have any other irons in the fire I'd be hugely disappointed!)

2 separate matters at this point though. re: Dragusin - We don't want a player that doesn't want to be here; nor one that will get itchy and want to move the moment they spend any time on the bench (which whoever we bring in very well might).

Whoever we get needs to be all in.

Ideally; of course...... (And if we don't have any other irons in the fire I'd be hugely disappointed!)

2 separate matters at this point though. re: Dragusin - We don't want a player that doesn't want to be here; nor one that will get itchy and want to move the moment they spend any time on the bench (which whoever we bring in very well might).

Whoever we get needs to be all in.

If he is going Bayern they have 3 top CB’s so he will be probably always be on the bench. He will need to get used to not playing unless of course he is truly exceptional and can force his way in.

If he is going Bayern they have 3 top CB’s so he will be probably always be on the bench. He will need to get used to not playing unless of course he is truly exceptional and can force his way in.
Read they are not Happy with de ligt with him moving on in the summer... It was reddit so probably bullshit.

At the same time you have to wonder what kind of bullshit we would have to put up with from said agent if he does sign. I want us to get the guy less and less with every passing hour.

Most agents pipe down once the move happens and the player is happy.....

Udogie's agent was a gobby sod from before the time we signed him through to a couple of months into this season, but he's already extended his deal in his first half season.

Back
Top Bottom