January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah, so I see we are resorting to lies and fantasies with GLC.

First of all he was WC winner (nope, injury kept him out - least surprising thing ever).
Now he has 2 years left on his contract (nope, 1 year like PEH).

You can disagree allllll you like if it makes you feel smarter.

But solid, cold fact is that - this EPL season we have played 1800 minutes. And GLC has been picked for 411 of them. That is 22% of all minutes.

No one in the world would pay 30 mil for such track record.

Performances can revise football players' valuations very quickly, irrespective of time to contract expiration. A case in point is Radu Dragusin, valued 15 weeks ago by Transfermkt at £9m ... now it looks like we are paying the thick end of £25m for him.

Yes he's young, which helps a lot, but even for an old-stager like Lo Celso at 27, strong first team performances in the Prem could shift his value upwards rapidly. £30m right now is too much to expect I agree.

You got me there 😆

But yeah I reckon I've been wrong all these years in my assumption of how audere est facere is pronounced...
There's only a farking thread about it!

One half decent season as a squad player doesn't even begin to repay the fee we paid for him, let alone giving him a contract extension. His contract ends next year, finally we'll be free .
You say that, but if he remains healthy and keeps up his performances, it would be stupid not to extend him.

Anyone watched this Dragusin lad?

Is he still raw or is he a potential starter?
Seen a lot of him this season and he’s exactly what we need. He’s an old fashioned very aggressive defender with decent pace and reads the game well. The ball is a magnet to him in both boxes. He’s decent on the ball without being brilliant but a centre back doesn’t need to be brilliant only decent. I really like how he loves to defend.
He’ll be a massive player for us if he signs.

Back
Top Bottom