January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The CB isn’t in by beginning of Jan, I literally give up with this cunt chairman. I have zero faith in him anyway, but at least try and prove me wrong by backing a manager for once and early. It’s clear as day our defence are utter wank without our 2 CB’s. 15 goals conceded in 4 games with Dier, Royal or Davies is exactly proof why these shit cunts we call defenders are utterly useless and stealing a living. All shocking including Davies. Crap. Sign a CB early and get him integrated in the team you bald cunt!!!
Based on how the chairman has rebuilt the whole sports department, I'm sure he also has lost some faith in his own abilities. It's time to forget Levy and put our hopes in Munn, Lange and maybe a little bit, Paratici.

Last edited:
If our window ends up as Dragusin, Gallagher and Jota I can live with that.

It’s not perfect, ideally we would also get a 6 like Vermeeren and long term we need another striker and CB. But realistically 3 is probably doable especially with Sanchez already gone and Lloris about to go.

We were top before Chelsea. Our entire season imploded and has continued to get worse with injuries and suspensions; we've dropped 17 points from the Chelsea game. And yet, are only 6 points of the top, with everyone needing to play each other again.

It's frustrating because I think we can all see without the implosion what might have been, but the season isn't over. Course correcting the weakest elements of the team means we can have a better second half of the season.

That means we need a first team quality, rapid CB. And someone who can play the 6 properly. These two spots alone transform the weaknesses we had on display last night.

I'd also take Jota on loan. It's low risk as a loan. He can't be worse than Gil. We are about to free up Hugo's wages.

When Benta, Micky, Romero are all fit and Sarr and Biss return it's not only competition for places, it allows for freshness and rotation during games too. They'll all get minutes with 5 subs.

But the CB has to be in for United.

I think it will be the Romanian lad, Todibo just seems too unlikely in January, although with our injuries I would like both in.

A technical central midfielder good at ball carrying is also what we need. Can't face any more of hojbjerg in there.

It will be for the summer but we also need a top draw attacker. Last night highlighted that more than ever and I get the feeling (because he has said it more than once) that Ange isnt enamoured by our attacking play whatsoever.

Edit: fuck, I have just seen I have written basically exactly the same as in those Matt Law tweets. Fucking easy being a journo.

I'd like Tosin.

Todibo might be the most talented of those we've been linked with, but there are attitude question marks and likely to be unaffordable this window.

Tosin ticks the boxes

1) Homegrown
2) Prem experience and more likely to be able to contribute straight away
3) Available at a discount due to his contract situation
4) RCB. This has become our biggest need. Drop off from Romero to Emerson/Dier is bigger than VDV to Davies.
5) He is a different profile to what we have. Aerially strong in particular. Ange has spoken about wanting variety in the squad. Tosin gives us something we don't have.

I think we'll end up with a window that is something like

Dragusin
Gallagher
Jota in on loan
Bardjhi buy and loan back to copenhaagen
vermeeren buy and loan back to antwerp
and possibly the juventus double of: Iling-Junior in now and Soule buy and loan back to frosinone.

I think we'll do 2/3 of the last 4 on the list.

I'd like Tosin.

Todibo might be the most talented of those we've been linked with, but there are attitude question marks and likely to be unaffordable this window.

Tosin ticks the boxes

1) Homegrown
2) Prem experience and more likely to be able to contribute straight away
3) Available at a discount due to his contract situation
4) RCB. This has become our biggest need. Drop off from Romero to Emerson/Dier is bigger than VDV to Davies.
5) He is a different profile to what we have. Aerially strong in particular. Ange has spoken about wanting variety in the squad. Tosin gives us something we don't have.

If Tosin wanted to come here, the transfer would’ve happened already.

To be fair, 'nothing magical' doesn't mean we won't be signing two or more (badly needed) players, it's just Ange saying they won't be an immediate fix, and avoiding heaping pressure on whoever does come in the door.

Yeh, describing players as 'Magical' would be an otherwise completely un-Ange thing to do.

I'd def take Chalobah. Can play all 4 positions in the back 4 and imo better than all the CBs those cunts signed to replace him.

Trevoh Chaloba or his brother ? Trevoh has been out all season with a hamstring, failed a come back in October (I think) now due back end January. Also has long contract until 2027 or 2028, but Chelsea do seem happy to sell their academy players, but just an issue of price.

Brother Nathaniel now at WBA, aged 29 and nowhere as good ?.

Reckon Roony Bardji signing with CAA Base and visiting London recently is no coincidence

Only question is if he stays in Copenhagen til the summer.
Maybe we get Jota on loan until the summer and Bardji comes in the summer
I think that would be a good move. He'll get a little champions league action too against Man City. Jota is a short term stop gap, thats very cheap.

One thing that "worries" me about all these wingers is that every one of them that we are linked to are left footed minus Jota.

Looking a bit dejected already

Commonly referred to as TDLE syndrome. .(The Daniel Levy Effect)

200w.gif

Back
Top Bottom