January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's some negotiation to be done there, wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those late window transfers.

Maybe.

Ange also said he really wants January business done early. If we are spending a big fee on a player it will be to get a CB early imo. I don't see us being in any rush to get Gallagher and with his contract situation, why would other prem clubs not let them sit on a declining asset until the summer?

Maybe.

Ange also said he really wants January business done early. If we are spending a big fee on a player it will be to get a CB early imo. I don't see us being in any rush to get Gallagher and with his contract situation, why would other prem clubs not let them sit on a declining asset until the summer?

He said he wants a CB in early, said nothing about a CM.

Said he wants business done early.

But even of he said just a CB in early and a CM later in the window that doesn't mean we are spending big on a CB and a CM in January.

As I have been saying that Gallagher deal will depend on what happens with Hojbjerg so no chance that will happen early.

Jaynola Jaynola

There was talk of Soule' (a new Dybala) and Zierkee (great technical means, it seems Salah). I mentioned Yildiz (18-year-old crystalline talent) but I don't want to forget Illing jr: until now he has remained on the sidelines but in my opinion he will find space. Juventus' great fortune is the "self-elimination" of Pogba, now a mentally weak former player. While awaiting the appeal, Juventus wants to keep him under contract for tax reasons (growth decree on tax relief).
I've always liked that Illing Jr kid, despite his Chelsea connection. If we could get him as part of a deal for Hojbjerg, I'm in. Would be an exciting backup to Udogie or even combine with him, playing as a LW.

But the one Juve player I'd go all out for is Rabiot. What a player. And he's ready-made for the PL...tall, strong, great runner. Can pass, score, head it, tackle. Would make our midfield formidable. I hear his contract is ending this summer too. You reckon he'll stay at Juve or go United? Liverpool? Bayern? Real might be interested too seen as Kroos & Modric on the way out?

What? You seen the money coming into the club?
let's settle for Dominic bloody Solankey after flogging the best forward in the world. My God:ange-facepalm2:
Pal, a striker guaranteed to score you 20 a season year in year out, that's minimum 100mil on today's market. Have we ever spent that on a player? No. Will we in the near future/ever? Doubtful.

We ain't getting Haaland, Osimhen, Bappe, Lautaro...it ain't Football Manager. And we ain't getting a L4L replacement for Harry, it just doesn't exist. Get over it.

So that leaves us with the B-list...same goes for the vast majority of clubs in the PL and abroad not named City, Chelsea, PSG...you know, backed by dirty money. But even those guys - Openda, Gimenez, Toney, Watkins, Solanke, Ferguson, Vlahovic, David etc etc - will cost you 50-70mil.

But come on, we're all ears cause you seem to have the correct answer all the time.

For context...

The 21 PL games he played for Liverpool, he only started a handful. Average gametime was not even 30 mins. He was barely 20yo and had only played one season of senior football before joining the dippers (for Chavs' affiliate in the Eredivisie).

His first half season at B'mouth he played 10 games, of which only 2 were starts, avg gametime was just over 30 mins.

His first full season, he was involved in 32 games (17 starts, 50 min avg GT) & got 3 goals. B'mouth were shocking that season, couldn't hit a barn door...their topscorer got 7. And they got relegated.

The lad's PL career really started when they came back up in 2022. Since then he's played 51 games (50 starts, 88 mins avg GT) and bagged 18 goals & 8 assists.
I knew you'd like that one, our Facts & Figures extraordinaire LeParisien LeParisien 😆

View: https://x.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1739882214291337288?s=20

That's the end of that then.

No chance in hell they are getting 50m for him and they aren't getting that from anyone else either. Enjoy FFP you cunts.

We should just troll them at this point. Make those criminals really believe we gonna help them out by signing Gallagher & some of their other players for big money, then let things drag on to bring the price down (typical Levy tactics so won't be suspicious), and right before the window shuts tell them to fuck off & die the rotten bastards!

But but how can Gallagher be their best MFer?

Caceido - 115m quid
Fernandez - 107m quid
Lavia - 60M quid

Are you saying Boehley didn’t get value for money with his MF signings?!? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lavia and Caceido for £175 million 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Fernandez is a very good player though but still not worth over £100 million.

They are an absolute embarrassment of a club.

Back
Top Bottom