January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could Mitoma be an option in January? Mitoma on the left, Son in the middle, and Kulu and Johnson taking turns on the RW/LW as necessary.

Brighton look properly shit, and they're not going anywhere so maybe they'd be willing to part with him.
Son and Mitoma will be away during the Asian cup.

he was the hottest prospect before juve snapped him up. im reading that he dont sut their style and would suit ange more....thats the opinions of some people on youtube anyway.

apparently his injury record is a concern tho? but i hpe this news is true because it means they've identified we are seriously lacking a 9. son is only useful against 6 or so teams..to start anyway. great sub to bring on when 2 up against the likes of west ham when they are forced to come out.
Never been anything but impressed with him. Great movement and is always between the posts when the ball goes wide. Just as good in the air as he is on the ground. His hold up play is very good too and no slouch. Someone like him or him is what we need up top. We need a focal point. With Sonny going away in January and being more suited against teams who leave space in behind someone like Vlahovic is the different option we need.

How about sell Gil in Jan, bring back Clarke and Cirkin?
I would give Gil some more, Clarke would be 20m and still unproven in the Prem. Cirkin, yes but we have to trigger the buy back clause before June and he has to agree to the move.

I can’t work Vlahovic out. Juve fans are very indifferent on him, but I think a lot of that is down to his injury record.

Drops quite deep.

He’s a huge physical presence though, which I think we need.
When he was at Florentina his stats were very impressive, he was linked with us and scum. His stats at Juve is not too good, too risky, too much money.

Never been anything but impressed with him. Great movement and is always between the posts when the ball goes wide. Just as good in the air as he is on the ground. His hold up play is very good too and no slouch. Someone like him or him is what we need up top. We need a focal point. With Sonny going away in January and being more suited against teams who leave space in behind someone like Vlahovic is the different option we need.
agree 100%. when we have the ball around the edge of the box we need a striker whos between the post and ready to actually attack a cross. we will be a different beast once we can actually get that. if his all round play is competent then hes going to be perfect for us.

you’re doing that thing you did with our shit results run under Conte where you consistently say ‘we are 4th, we are 5th’ when ignoring we’re like a point off 9th.

If we have one more bad result and collapse down the table will it suddenly go from really good to under achieving? No.

We started well but have been pretty abysmal of late and haven’t dealt at all well with the first tests of the season.
The Let's Be Positive Whatever The Results brigade (led by their Scottish supremo) will hang me for this, but in my humble opinion it will defo get shitter before it gets better.

We're still without Mads & Micky for a few weeks...call it a couple months minimum til they're 💯% match fit again.

Roddy may as well be out the rest of the season...by the time he gets back, the standings will very much be set in stone already. By the way, how that Villa cunt didn't get a ban til he returns is a joke. Hope Cuti does him proper in the away fixture.

Talking about our mad Argie, for sure he'll miss a few more games through suspension. Yeah yeah yeah...me saying I hope he goes nuts on Villa, I can't then blame him for his silliness.

Sarr and Bissouma going to AFCON for a month...but then again, the way Biss been playing them past few months, not like he'll be a big miss.

Sonny going Asian Cup for a similar length, no?

Thing is, our Board knew all this and still left the squad proper short in the summer. And will repeat the feat in the upcoming TW. "Difficult market in January, but we tried" blah blah bullshit. They knew Mads was fragile. They knew an injury/suspension to our starting CB and we were fucked. They knew about AFCON, Asian tourney. They knew Roddy was out for months already...and the risk of relapse being rather high. They knew a new kid like Brennan would need time to settle. They knew the bench was full of old broken tools not suited to Spurs pr Ange's system. And yet they did fuck all cause the friggin balancesheet guru said nah.

How the fuck is the big fella supposed to get us back on track - forget challenging - when he's gonna have to keep playing Emerson, Skipp, Hoj, Gil, Richy...and recall Dier? He ain't a friggin miracle worker.

But yeah, let's be positive ans optimistic.

Sess <> Cirkin is a dice roll I'd be up for.

Perhaps the other too in the summer; but I'd love to see an attacking player with a higher expected impact level in Jan.
Will be tough to bring in Cirkin, I imagine City, Liverpool and Woolwich are all in keen on such a game changing talent

Well I doubt he will accept the wage cut proposed by Daniel in any case. Hard to attract such stars without CL football to tempt them
I mean Ange could convince him that we are team going places, if we give Angie enough time, we can be one of the best and entertaining teams in the league.

With some long term injuries, personnel away in competitions, it's not looking good and doubtful the club will back him with much.
Give Up Defeat GIF by CBS

Back
Top Bottom