January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's on 310k pounds a week for a role we already ostensibly have 2 players for... ?
Always strive to improve.

Something I think Spurs have been very guilty of for a very long time (club and fans) is sentimental attachment to players.
If a better player becomes available, we should look to upgrade. Always.

He turns 25 in 2 months. Really shouldn't be "pretty raw" still at that age.
Some fully blossom later, especially technical wizards, I find.

In retrospect I was perhaps a bit too harsh when I said pretty raw. He isn't the finished article, needs to learn how to keep it simple sometimes, and gotta do more defensively...but he's already improved loads since I first seen him.

Also, though I know a thing or two about the game, it's entirely possible that a proper top level football manager like Ange thinks he's further along. I'll value the big fella's opinion over my own anyday 😆

Such an exciting kid anyway. Whether you're up or chasing the game, you bring him on for the last 30 mins, you can bet he's gonna try to make stuff happen. He'll drive you nuts on occasions cause he'll waste a few cartridges, but then out of nowhere he'll lay the perfect assist or score a worldie. He's no Lucas Moura running into blind alleys 9 times outta 10, the lad defo has an end product.

They’ve got till 30 June to sell him. That’s the end of the accounting year for football clubs. Or alternatively they could sell a whole load of their foreign turds they bought and try to make the money back that way. Harder to get the money back though of course. But if nobody wants Gallagher they won’t have much choice.
I suspect he'll end up at Liverpool or United.

The dippers' next HC will be on (much) less than the German tooth fairy, possible that Salah also goes to US/Saudis...heck, even Barca if/when they manage another piece of financial wizardry.

United will somehow find a way to get rid of a few of their expensive shites, plus that Sir Jim moneytrain arriving at Piccadilly.

Fuck him anyway, never wanted him...way to Chelsea to ever give his all for our club.

At least make one play for Kvaratshkelia whilst they can't afford to buy Osimhen
I know it ain't FM, but Hojbjerg + Richarlison (sorry!) + a few Brinks bags for Kvara & Osimhen is worth a go. Heck, add Gil on top of that.

Always thought Pierre would do well in Italy and Napoli need a CM like him. They've lost Ruiz already and think Zielinsky on the way out too. He can defend and play a bit, especially in a slower tempoed league. He's gotta be worth a good 25 mil surely.

Richy would score 15-20 a season in Serie A. The dude is doing well for us this season, still Brazil's No 9...gotta be worth 40-50 big ones.

Gil did well in Spain cause it's much less physical than the PL. The Serie A is pretty on par with La Liga in my opinion, so I bet he'd fare well there. His value can't be higher than 10-15mil cause he's barely played them past two years, though.

Fuck it, I'm emailing De Laurentiis. Land them two, even though they've struggled this season, and we're defo winning something next year.

I suspect he'll end up at Liverpool or United.

The dippers' next HC will be on (much) less than the German tooth fairy, possible that Salah also goes to US/Saudis...heck, even Barca if/when they manage another piece of financial wizardry.

United will somehow find a way to get rid of a few of their expensive shites, plus that Sir Jim moneytrain arriving at Piccadilly.

Fuck him anyway, never wanted him...way to Chelsea to ever give his all for our club.

Yeah I think signing him will be a huge mistake. But this is why you have various people involved in transfers. So the manager doesn’t get every single player he wants. They aren’t always the best judge of every player as they simply don’t have the time to watch them as much as other people at the club.

Yeah I think signing him will be a huge mistake. But this is why you have various people involved in transfers. So the manager doesn’t get every single player he wants. They aren’t always the best judge of every player as they simply don’t have the time to watch them as much as other people at the club.
Fair point.

To be honest, whatever CG brings to the table as a player and even his personality off the pitch, we should never go for somebody who's that Chelsea thru and thru. I just don't get it. Same if he was Woolwich...or even Spam, though to a lesser degree.

I'm probably too much of an old school football romantic, but in my mind, you don't go from Roma to Lazio, AC to Inter, PSG to Marseille, River to Boca, Barca to Real, United to Liverpool etc etc.

I know it ain't FM, but Hojbjerg + Richarlison (sorry!) + a few Brinks bags for Kvara & Osimhen is worth a go. Heck, add Gil on top of that.

Always thought Pierre would do well in Italy and Napoli need a CM like him. They've lost Ruiz already and think Zielinsky on the way out too. He can defend and play a bit, especially in a slower tempoed league. He's gotta be worth a good 25 mil surely.

Richy would score 15-20 a season in Serie A. The dude is doing well for us this season, still Brazil's No 9...gotta be worth 40-50 big ones.

Gil did well in Spain cause it's much less physical than the PL. The Serie A is pretty on par with La Liga in my opinion, so I bet he'd fare well there. His value can't be higher than 10-15mil cause he's barely played them past two years, though.

Fuck it, I'm emailing De Laurentiis. Land them two, even though they've struggled this season, and we're defo winning something next year.

I’m not that sold on Osimhen tbh. I can see him struggling in the prem where he’s not as much of a beast compared to Serie A. I think he misses more chances than Richy is atm

But definitely why not offer them PEH and Gil as sweeteners for a Kvara bid

Going to be disappointed if Palace are just given a free run at Wharton
I'd like us to sign him up, and loan him back.

However we'd just see the "signing cheap options instead of proper targets, typical Levy" comments within seconds of it being announced.

Per the Swedish press we are rebounding from Nusa by having a late go at Bardghji at FC Copenhagen.

Our current DOF Lange was the guy who brought Rooney to Copenhagen sp that may act in our favour.

I’m not that sold on Osimhen tbh. I can see him struggling in the prem where he’s not as much of a beast compared to Serie A. I think he misses more chances than Richy is atm

Yeah fair point re Osimhen.

Also, he has had his fair share of attitude issues...he was said to be behind the sacking of Garcia earlier this season, seem to recall seeing clips of him throwing his toys out the pram after he was subbed off. IIRC there were also videos of him arriving at the training ground and not saluting his teammates, something like that. I think during the lockdown he had a buffday party and caught Covid and then was out for weeks as a result.

Quite some red flags there, so yeah perhaps best he goes to the Chavs and becomes their latest big expensive No 9 flop.

Kvara I'll take any day, though.

Did you see what Oshimen (and Krava) did to VVD in the champions league. Never seen the Dutch captain given such a ragdolling by one player. He'd be fantastic LWF in an Ange system. It's not going to happen but I'd love us to go make a statement like Oshimen or Sesko that's the next step.

When did we make the first approach?
According to the media we have shown interest 27 times, thought about an offern18 times, asked Levy 12 times, asked Lange 10 times, asked Munn 9 times, asked Ange 8 times, asked Paratici 6 times amd finally asked the computer and the computer says ‘NO’.

Back
Top Bottom