January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brentford are not a fucking rival! Get a grip!
That's why I put fucking QUOTE marks on it.

Fuck is wrong with every one on the internet these day not understanding context

awkward fuck my life GIF

That would be better answered in the Summer window not the January one.

Fair enough. I was spitballing if this winter gave us a unique opportunity to get ahead of the summer when there will be more competitors but either way, it's that time again.

So this'll be the 437th time that an opportunity presents itself to ENIC owned THFC
Will it be the 437th time that opportunity is passed up?

:levystare:

Indeed mate. The stadium is built now as well. This is the opportunity that was at the end of Levy's long game.

Fair enough. I was spitballing if this winter gave us a unique opportunity to get ahead of the summer when there will be more competitors but either way, it's that time again.

Indeed mate. The stadium is built now as well. This is the opportunity that was at the end of Levy's long game.
You have to wonder though, how long can the hardcore defenders, if there isn't a massive shift in philosophy this summer, carry on defending the regime.

"Or we stood back and let him make his mind up..."
As opposed to what, holding a gun to his head? For the millionth time, players have agency, they do get a say in where they are going, it was true for Dragusin and it's true for Nusa. Players are not just an inanimate commodity to be picked up and purchased, their opinions and feelings about a transfer are not just relevant, they are absolutely crucial to the final outcome.

Dragusin considered the options and decided Spurs was better for him, likely to get some playing time. Nusa considered the options and decided Brentford was better for him, being younger and unlikely to get much playing time at Spurs. There is nothing sinister, nothing dawdling, nothing unduly penny-pinching, nothing 'missed opportunity' about it, and anyone claiming otherwise is clearly just making stuff up to push an agenda (which is pretty sad for supposed 'fans' given that we're the only club which has done any proper business so far this window).

Thing is Son is 30 odd now and burns out after 70 minutes. We need to look for life after Son. Top striker for me priority. I do think romero will go to spain in summer for ridiculous money. Thats why were still looking at defenders.
Why are Real Madrid going to pay ridiculous money for Romero when they are going to sign Mbappe, on even more ridiculous wages. They have top centre backs, Militao just signed a new contract.
No other Spanish club has any money.

Thankfully, the club don't rely on me to answer the question about specific cases like Leao. Was just floating that there is 2 ways to see it.

This just popped up on my twitter feed:

View: https://x.com/JackPittBrooke/status/1751896549787889776?s=20

He's saying exactly what I'm saying. Opportunity knocks again. Last time Liverpool had the opportunity and took it with Van Dijk and Allison. The question is, how ambitious is the club to take the opportunity this time?

Difference was Liverpool didn’t spend their own money. They were lucky that Barca turned up and paid 140m for Coutinho. They just spent that money on Alison and VDV. No one is spending that sort of money now.

You have to wonder though, how long can the hardcore defenders, if there isn't a massive shift in philosophy this summer, carry on defending the regime.

It's a strange one.

Personally, I was very much Levy/ENIC out last summer but the way Ange has used this squad suggests that a plan is coming together. The summer business was great as well and we have that modern football department in place.

But, you don't pick and choose when opportunity knocks and as they say, it's not a lengthy visitor. I think everyone can see that this summer is a massive opportunity and also that this squad is in a perfect spot to add 1-2 genuinely elite players that could be our Van Dijk and Allison-type signings. A LWF or CF and another CM.

Maybe they can get them within the structure that they like to follow but if they stick to the structure and end up without transformative players, where else do the fans turn to with their questions?

Brentford are paying more for an untried 18yr old than they were prepared to pay for Brennan Johnson. Forest said they bid 30m for Johnson in the summer. Those details came out in Forest ffp case.

Fully prepared to be shot down, hung by the noose and banned...

I'd love us to go and take Smith-Rowe off that lot. Think he'd be great in our system.

Or we stood back and let him make his mind up, passively, and got "lucky" that he chose us.

I do appreciate we need players who want to play for us. But at the same time, we may be cutting our noses off to spite our faces by not going balls deep on top talents to elevate the team.
Passively?!? Who are you are really? Johan Lange, Dan Levy, Fab Paratici or Ange? Do tell? :paraticiwink:

Anyone using Nusa and the likelihood of him going to Brentford as opposed to us as a negatve, needs time in an Ice bath.

Fcuking 18 years of age. If he were so damn good, jusy where do OI start....???

Bale, Alli and Kane. That is the calibre of player that can make it at a big club and none were near our first team at that age.

Move on.

As opposed to what, holding a gun to his head? For the millionth time, players have agency, they do get a say in where they are going, it was true for Dragusin and it's true for Nusa. Players are not just an inanimate commodity to be picked up and purchased, their opinions and feelings about a transfer are not just relevant, they are absolutely crucial to the final outcome.

Dragusin considered the options and decided Spurs was better for him, likely to get some playing time. Nusa considered the options and decided Brentford was better for him, being younger and unlikely to get much playing time at Spurs. There is nothing sinister, nothing dawdling, nothing unduly penny-pinching, nothing 'missed opportunity' about it, and anyone claiming otherwise is clearly just making stuff up to push an agenda (which is pretty sad for supposed 'fans' given that we're the only club which has done any proper business so far this window).
Yeah because Johnson and Solomon have been absolutely killing it.

Back
Top Bottom