January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok, definitely not one for now but hear me out...

Joao Felix in the summer.

Apparently Barca aren't likely to take up the buy option, Atletico don't want him. Would he not fit Ange ball perfectly?

Nah... He's mistaking us not having any money to spend with us ACTUALLY spending money.

Lucas didn't cost more than Dragusin.....

Every January(*) he says we have no money to spend (or must sell to buy).....

2022: Bentancur (€19m) / Kulu (€10m loan fee)
v No trf fees incoming.

2023: Porro (€45m + other add-ons etc.)
v No trf fees incoming.

2024: Dragusin (€30m) / Werner (€??? loan fee) / Nusa (maybe)
v Nominal loan fee for Dier.

(*Most summers too.)

Fuck him and his worming around making sudden caveats based on wages (Werner's on 160k and it's highly likely we're still paying a chunk of Perisic's remaining contract.).
LOL.

HEADWAND

Done 80% of the revenue so far this window out of all Prem teams 💪

GEtlAB0WwAEEPUm

He's on a out
Timo is a no risk loan with reasonable wages and a modest purchase fee. Félix would cost us north of £50m and probably break our wage structure, hard pass.
Apparently he's on about 65k a week.

While Timo is absolutely trying before we buy, I don't know that 50m would be a terrible fee for Felix.

He's on a out

Apparently he's on about 65k a week.

While Timo is absolutely trying before we buy, I don't know that 50m would be a terrible fee for Felix.
Félix isn't even a has-been, he's a has-never-been. He's shown nothing at Atletico, Chelsea and now Barcelona to suggest he will ever make the step up to elite player. He's only on such a low wage because he restructured his Atletico contract in order to secure the Barcelona move, don't ask me why but these crazy fuckers are willingly going there for peanuts for the romance of playing for Barcelona, but make no mistake his next contract wherever he moves is not going to be 65k a week. He's also tied to Atletico until 2029 now so they have time to keep farming him out on loan and hoping he reignites his career somewhere, the only way they're going to recover even 50% of what they laid out on him is in a loan to buy scenario I feel. We would never sign off on paying £50m+ for a distressed asset like that, not as long as Daniel Levy draws breath.

Everyone else is spending less than usual, in many cases ZERO . because if they did they would face points deductions and fines, so they are not spending We're not spending more than usual, but we are spending including taking on wages of circa £160k pw Werner, because Spurs have not spent up to the hilt in previous windows therefore well inside all the rules . Other clubs will need to better relate spend to revenues in future which may mean other bigger clubs reduce spending to Spurs type levels.

Corrected for you.

Back
Top Bottom