January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m assuming that’s the window done.

There will be some pointless noise about Gallagher, but I can’t see anything else happening.
There are still a few moving parts with Hojberg's future uncertain. If he moves we need to bring in a replacement. Think there will be noise like you say and I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in another midfielder, but certainly the two essential positions have been filled.

Fcuk their debuts. Let's not lose.

I get what you mean though!!!

I also get what you mean... but point is that all this will decrease our chances of losing ;) .

It might not be that these two players win us the game. It might not even be significant impact from these players.

But it is about feel around the club and belief into better future. And THIS will have huge impact on our mentality.
Everyone in the squad will see that the squad is stronger than it was one week ago. We have many SO IMPORTANT players returning from injuries, and now we got reinforcements from the market as well.

It will motivate some players but also forces some others to up their game. I mean before Werner joining, we had 3 senior and "tested" attacking players in Richie, Johnson and Kulusevski. They essentially knew that whatever happens, until Son returns from international duty and Madders from injury - they are guaranteed to start. But now there is German international team attacker breathing down their necks which should push them to up their game.

To quote classics -
Happy The Simpsons GIF

Guys, come on now...can we all just chill and enjoy this exciting signing?

John Thomas John Thomas MVP MVP and others are entitled to their opinion, no matter how skeptical/negative you may find it. It's their right to moan/criticise like it is yours to be optimistic/defend the board at all times etc. The guys who sit in the middle are totally fine too.

This constant bashing of 'moaners' is getting a bit tiring to be honest.

Agreed that there is right to be critical/pessimistic and right to be positive/optimistic.

But why do you want to take away option to be critical of pessimists? There are also pessimists that call out optimists all the time.

Right now we won the battle for the player, thus optimists have upper hand and there is more calling out pessimists.
When something goes south, pessimists raise their heads and call out optimists. This is just how it goes.

Coming out and saying that "don't call out pessimists" is not supporting posting freedom but actually surpassing it.

I’m assuming that’s the window done.

There will be some pointless noise about Gallagher, but I can’t see anything else happening.
I know he's HG and Chelsea are willing sellers but I'd really rather not give them £45-50m for Gallagher tbh. They are trying to put together funds to sign Osimhen this window and he could really transform them, but can't see them finding £100m room in FFP without the Gallagher sale. Rather keep PEH and watch them languish in 12th.

Just watching Good Morning Transfers on Sky Sports

BREAKING NEWS
Sky Germany: Bayern Munich now make Tottenham defender Eric Dier their number one target

Not something I expected to ever see! 👀

All depends on Hojbjerg, if he goes we will need to replace if not the yea I see little else.
I think he ends up going in the end of the window and we'll bring in one of the younger guys we have been linked with

I think he ends up going in the end of the window and we'll bring in one of the younger guys we have been linked with

Vermeeren and Nusa if they happen will probably be buy and loan back Udogie type deals. That being said I would take that as they are stars of the future.

Any squad that wants to win stuff needs guys like Royal and Big Ben. They're glue guys. Consummate professionals. Proper role models. They adore the club, will know it inside out, bet you they're always first in last out, very respectful to staff at the canteen & other depts, always first to put their hand up to get involved in community work etc. Just quality blokes really.

Davies was very good already them past couple seasons. LWOS kept calling him "6 outta 10 Ben"...fuck that, he was like a 7 or 8. And this season he's been even better. Yeah he's made a couple errors, but even the best ones do.

Emerson has really improved too and man he's the hardest worker out there. Play him RB, CB, LB or fucking up front, he'll always give you 200%. Yeah he drives us nuts at times cause he's the least Brazilian of Brazilians, but as a backup defender, we could do far worse.

I love & respect those two so much. I don't really buy merch no more, but if I did get me the shirt and wanted a name on the back of it, I know theirs would be right up there.

Another idiot that does not know how this thread and forum in general works, I see.

NO! You are so wrong. Benny is THE SOLE REASON why we have been thumped out of cup competitions for already more than 15 years, you dud (despite him joining less than 10y ago)!!! He is everything that is wrong with the club. He is main source of shit attitude and bottling and unless we have AT LEAST 6 Romero-level CB's on our books, we are fucking clueless and have no ambition.

Please remember it for the future now, won't ya :D ?!?

Of course people are entitled to moan. That's absolutely fair enough. But that also means that posters are entitled to moan about people moaning.

Free speech exists for everyone.

I totally get that 'constant bashing of "moaners" is tiring', but for some people, maybe constant 'moaning' is also tiring.

It is what it is. Everyone say what they want to say, and crack on (with exception to abusiveness, obviously!)

That's true, but what about those that want to moan about the people moaning about the moaners?

I know he's HG and Chelsea are willing sellers but I'd really rather not give them £45-50m for Gallagher tbh. They are trying to put together funds to sign Osimhen this window and he could really transform them, but can't see them finding £100m room in FFP without the Gallagher sale. Rather keep PEH and watch them languish in 12th.
Think they are keeping him now but have moved on maatsen to Dortmund and will probably move on Chalobah

Back
Top Bottom