January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Pit Stop School GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race's Drag Race
More a case of lexis - the choice of words - than grammar, which deals with the formal structure - the building blocks - of language.

Happy to help.

:nunothumb:

Levy holding on to that Kane money until January in hopes clubs forgot we sold him so we aren’t charge an inflated tax on incomings. Just let the brilliant businessman work. You’ll see.

What does everyone make of Ivan Toney as a Jan target? We could pull off another Maddison, Biss type steal. We all know his qualities.

The big question is, is he a person of poor morals and judgement? Or just a bit thick, and there's nothing to worry about?

We have to be looking for a striker and a central midfielder. Just have to be.
First priority is a CB backup. Look at the state of United when their CBs were taken off. We're in an even worse position.

Of course, if the opportunity to get other targets is there, we shouldn't hang about till the CB is sorted.

What does everyone make of Ivan Toney as a Jan target? We could pull off another Maddison, Biss type steal. We all know his qualities.

The big question is, is he a person of poor morals and judgement? Or just a bit thick, and there's nothing to worry about?
Not sure he is the right fit play style wise either tbh

First priority is a CB backup. Look at the state of United when their CBs were taken off. We're in an even worse position.

Of course, if the opportunity to get other targets is there, we shouldn't hang about till the CB is sorted.

A priority is a must. A must for us in truth is a central midfielder. Then an out and out quality striker.

In my opinion they are botb areas where we we be lacking this season Midfield in particular is where the strongest teams will shine through.

A back-up is a would like.

He’s a very good player. But seems like a bit of a twat. Not sure I could take to him even if he were our twat.

He’s a very good player. But seems like a bit of a twat. Not sure I could take to him even if he were our twat.
The gambling stuff doesn't bother me. He allegedly had a problem and fucked up. What bothers me is his interview. He is not prepared to take responsibility, came across as a twat, and is seemingly so thick that he doesn't realise how lucky he was to get away with his "punishment" (not playing on full pay).

Back
Top Bottom