January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huge plot twist, he's only pretending to be Swedish! :conteshock:
bergvall.png

Still need to see Werner over the rest of this season.

But 2 assists in his 2 games so far (and I actually thought he might have got an assist for both Udogie and Johnson today - so would have been 3 assists in 2 games) is a very promising start.

Certainly answers the usual cockroaches on here who swore he'd be no good (despite there being no obviously better alternatives this window), without giving any credit to our transfer team who's calls on players since 2021 has been pretty damn good.

A try 'before you buy' loan with an option seems to have been a very good plan.

The only thing I would say is, with everyone else unable to add to their squads, this might have been a really good opportunity to get a jump on our rivals, and even if you don’t get a now uptick, you get a player bedded in and ready for pre season in the summer.

I think our forward options are so weak, if we made the right purchase it would be hard not to get an immediate uptick if we spent smart.
That’s fair but seeing that the market will most likely look the same in the summer window. European clubs skint, PL clubs still up against it with FFP. But the big complication added to the mix this summer is it’s the Euros, once that starts it’s rare players in the comp will move whilst they are in it.

Back
Top Bottom