January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Granted I don't know the full ins and outs of purchasing a football club, but I don't think how much is in the bank is a huge dealbreaker, if it was spent on players then the value would still be there on the books as an asset rather than cash surely?

Perhaps the club would be easier to sell if we had a competent right wingback on the books to point to?
Yeah maybe having a better team will make a sale easier.

The thing is if Lewis/ENIC are thinking of selling up, why are they going to now spend anything on new players?

Please. We hear this almost every year. "Lewis wants to cash in"

Same as the stadium naming rights. I'll believe it when there's an actual official announcement. Until then it's just noise

Do the club know we’re in a crisis? Seems like we’re behaving in the market like everything is fine and we can afford to be ultra patient and haggle.
Nobody influential at the club will be arsed.

Levy and the rest of the Board will be delighted with the financial results, following CL qualification, chuckling at the fake Qatar stories.

Lewis will be having his sun cream applied on his yacht, unless he's at Davos rolling in money like Scrooge McDuck.

Conte will be browsing for his next holiday as his contract is winding down nicely.

Paratici will be busily shredding documents from Juventus, then call in a favour from a mate on the last day.

Emerson Royal is sitting in his tent reading the Beano.

zxraNRd.jpg

Anyone ever played a few years on Football Manager, gotten bored of the job you've gotten and quit with the intention of waiting for a more interesting role to come up to try and reignite your passion, then you see one of the big name clubs after a manager and apply, get the job and off you pop to take a look at the squad you've inherited...

Only to see absolute chaos, a bizarre stockpiling of shite players in one particular position, a distinct gap with no player in the squad capable of playing in one of the positions of your favoured set up, a bunch of overpaid ageing players that you know won't raise any funds as for your rebuild, and a general feeling of wtf has happened here? Topped off with a Chairman making ridiculous demands of success whilst offering a pack of Haribo and the proceeds of any sales as your warchest.

That seems to be what someone is walking into at THFC this summer.

Have we even tried to loan out any players? Have we sold anyone? Interest in everyone but can’t fucking buy. What are we doing as a club? We are truly lost from top to bottom. This is embarrassing
1) January windows are typically useless
2) which teams are lining up to take our players we don’t want?

I’m not really defending anything, but every January window ever has basically been like this. So having reasonable expectations can help you stay saner.

I’m not really defending anything, but every January window ever has basically been like this. So having reasonable expectations can help you stay saner.

Although most of the problem children are already out on loan; just how hard are we trying to get the likes of Japh, Spence, White, Devine even Skipp the loans they need to get the amount of football they need to continue growing???

Esp. Japh........ Just another Onomah, Edwards, KWP.... Let him go... For his sake; not ours.

We need another January transfer window like the one we had last year.

Kulu and Benta but for wingback and center back.

If we have a healthy Kulu, Benta plus a top RWB and central defender then I really think we can do well the rest of this season and make top 4.

Last January was really good for us

We need another January transfer window like the one we had last year.

Kulu and Benta but for wingback and center back.

If we have a healthy Kulu, Benta plus a top RWB and central defender then I really think we can do well the rest of this season and make top 4.

.....And the hope is killing me, my friend.

I honestly can't see it happening now.... Too much turbulence in and around the club(*).

(*........Even though this process; should be mapped out and, ready to pursue long before now. A DOF system ought to be keeping us steady and on course in times like this; not just sat on pause awaiting the next installment in the soap opera like the rest of us.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom