January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The word "Release" means to let go..... My question is specifically about terms of payment.

Are we on the same page here?

I'm pretty sure that release clauses are almost all paid up front ... but may be wrong. But I assume that's because it tends to be that the selling club don't really want to sell, so can demand it all at once.

I'm pretty sure that release clauses are almost all paid up front ... but may be wrong. But I assume that's because it tends to be that the selling club don't really want to sell, so can demand it all at once.

Yeh, i acknowledged that much earlier in the convo.... It was once primarily a mechanism for clubs to protect an asset by inserting a "fuck off" price-tag.

These days it could just as easily be something set/driven by an agent or the player as part of the agreed contract (see Haaland).

The regulations within vary from league to league.

LOL....... West Ham can fuck off for starters!

Maybe a stint in Germany would do him some good...... I'd encourage that in any of our young players....... Get out of your comfort zone and get an adult perspective on life.

Palace or West Ham would be perfect if he was going to get regular games. PL. London. Moyes tactically is very similar to Conte.

Don't you think Paratici and especially his former manager Conte would have already spoken to him?? They already know and would have been told that Skriniar wants to join a certain club, everyone in football knows, that's why even bigger cubs than us are not making pointless offers.
It doesn't matter what I think. I know you don't score 100% of shots you don't take. Make the offer always make the fucking offer. Pathetic lack of ambition

It doesn't matter what I think. I know you don't score 100% of shot you don't take. Make the offer always make the fucking offer. Pathetic lack of ambition

If we've spoken to the player and they've said no; how is that a matter of lacking ambition?

Previously we've been criticised for making offers of optics sake...... Now we should do so?

If this is true, why didn’t we just bloody do that at the beginning of the month?! 😂

TimelyUnfinishedDairycow-max-1mb.gif

Yeh, i acknowledged that much earlier in the convo.... It was once primarily a mechanism for clubs to protect an asset by inserting a "fuck off" price-tag.

These days it could just as easily be something set/driven by an agent or the player as part of the agreed contract (see Haaland).

The regulations within vary from league to league.
I remember in the 90's a commentator mentioning Seedorf at Madrid having a release clause set at 100m with incredulity...

Little did he know.

Back
Top Bottom