January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean if this is true, this will get done.

of course, we're also is desperate need of a RWB AND CM so it's a good thing we're spending so much time on this one eh!

Organize a post-Covid friendly and give them the gate receipts.

Piece of piss. Someone give me a fantastically overcompensated job in football negotiations. Mino Raiola won't even see me coming.

of course, we're also is desperate need of a RWB AND CM so it's a good thing we're spending so much time on this one eh!

If it's true (it's not) why are we fucking haggling over 4 million

It's the equivalent of me haggling over a few quid when I buy something. Fucking beggers belief

But it ain't true and we won't be signing him and we all know it

Any talk of Sess leaving is BS

we're not going to give away a home grown player with potential.

Especially with Dele heading out the door in the next few days .

I think to some extent where we unlucky. Ndombele was smashing it for Lyon, he was in the French League team of the year, the Champions League team of the year I believe and playing for France. He showed all the press resistant qualities we loved about Dembele. That he would take his £200k a week contract and do a Abamayang and retire is unfortunate.

Lo Celso was also doing great in Spainish, I asked a Spanish friend at work about him who is a RM fan and he said Lo Celso is probably in the top 5 AM’s in the league or was that season.

Both had been killing it and in a big way. They passed the eye test but obviously not the mentality test, for that I could only our guess scouting needs to be better. But finding out about a players personality off the pitch can’t be easy.
I'm always wondering whether a footballer also has like a job interview:
- Can you give me an example of a time where you showed perseverance?
- How do you mentally handle a drop in form?

I understand that it sounds a bit off, but on the other hand, if you are doing a million pound deal, it would baffle me if giving the green light would only be based on "he can play" & "we can afford him"

I would hope that there would also be some kind of personality test where these results could pull the plug on a deal.

Of course the manager/coach would have a chat with the player beforehand, but if it wouldn't go beyond the informal chat, that would be a huge gap in the scouting analysis for me.

Does anyone know to what extend this exists in football?

What is a real story anymore? It's just one big cacophony of random names flying about the internet being linked to random clubs that vary by the hour, and then some twat gives it a #Herewego and everyone assumes that it's a done deal...
That's about right actually. It's one massive tombola! It's a bingo night with swearing and shouting! Names in a hat, clubs pulled out of a fag packet and player price anything that comes to mind! Haha. January window is fun!

I'm always wondering whether a footballer also has like a job interview:
- Can you give me an example of a time where you showed perseverance?
- How do you mentally handle a drop in form?

I understand that it sounds a bit off, but on the other hand, if you are doing a million pound deal, it would baffle me if giving the green light would only be based on "he can play" & "we can afford him"

I would hope that there would also be some kind of personality test where these results could pull the plug on a deal.

Of course the manager/coach would have a chat with the player beforehand, but if it wouldn't go beyond the informal chat, that would be a huge gap in the scouting analysis for me.

Does anyone know to what extend this exists in football?
ndombele job interview

kfc-waiter-mouth-tape.jpeg

former udinese and lecce man. Czech international. 6'3 and good in the air plays central mid or att mid. Plays best as a box to box. Not exactly going to take us to next level though.
His Czech compatriot Soucek has done well at Spam and helped take them up the table. Maybe this lad can come in and have a similar impact for us.

it might just be that the players themselves fancy Bacelona over us

And a big reason for that is they know Barcelona will do what is needed to get back to CL.

With Levy and Spurs they have no reason to think that is the case at all.

I'll be geuinely stunned if Luis Diaz happens. I fell that Kaveh and most other journalists will run this shit until deadline day so they can get views/clicks on their station/website.

Back
Top Bottom