January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are you criticising them for being in the wrong place. You are a fake itk. I have not seen you to post anything first in the last two years. At least they are trying to protest because they can see what a shit show Levy is turning us into. Levy is more concerned about building climbing walls and cinemas than an actual football team.
Yes im fake ITK whatever the fuck that means👍👍🤣🤣🤣

Frustrated New Girl GIF

because there's no way on fucking earth United would sell us a player or loan us a player, when we're competing for the same spot in the league. Derrrrr.
And Eriksen is of no use to us - he won't be fit enough to play. He hasn't played for aaaaages.
I think it would be deemed good business to sell someone who you think is not good enough to wear the shirt to a rival for a good price

Bit tiresome hearing you cant make good signings in January. Van Dyjk, Bruno Fernandes, Aubameyang, Tielmans all fairly recent examples. Going back Suarez, Evra, Vidic, Cahill, Ivanovic. We signed Defoe from West Ham, Dawson , Woodgate, Palacios.

VVD was pursued all summer and Liverpool ran out of time. They then had to pay £75m which everyone, absolutely everyone thought was mental money.
Man United and Fernandes was almost exactly the same.
Defoe was wanted in the summer, West Ham wouldn't let him go, he acted up to get a move and we went back in .
Palacios was when we were in the bottom 3 and we over paid to get out of trouble.
I don't recall the background to the other Spurs players you mentioned.
Cahill was signed from a bottom half club. What bottom half clubs players do you want this window?
We could have had Suarez, dear old Harry said no. Scary.
Evra, no recollection but..... Man United so probably over paid.
Ivanovic - Chelsea, same.

We will bring players in this window so this is all irrelevant. Most of the players I discussed above were signed on the last few days of the window.
It isn't as much of a Spurs thing as people think it is.

I picked a few recent ones who have had a big impact. Plenty of others like Coutinho to Liverpool. If there is ambition and the will to do a deal its difficult but possible. There will always be flops but having a good scouting team, doing due diligence and going for top targets reduces the risk.

There's plenty of flops in there as well fella, you're just being selective.

What's more 3 of the ones you picked out were signed for over £60m, forget it if you think we're gonna pay that much for a single player when we're still trying to get Ndombele and Lo Celso off the books. The rest are opportunities that came up and they worked out, that's the nature of transfers there's no garanteed way if ensuring that they will work out...still I don't see many opportunities this window regardless especially since there's so many players out of contract in the Summer.

And you've actually highlighted why I or many of us don't trust the club when it comes to transfers, we don't have a good scouting team and haven't been doing our due dilligence when it comes to incommings...so pray tell why you want the club to pay stupid money right now? You're just as likely to pile on more shit on top of shit aren't you?

The bottom line is, no matter how much you bitch and moan, neither you, nor Levy (nor anyone else) can force a team to sell a player if they don't want to. Nor can you force a player to leave a club he doesn't want to, or join one he doesn't want to.
As evidenced by us sniffing round Lingard - nope said Man United.
As evidenced by us sniffing round Vlahavic and Kessie - nope said the players.
What part of this can you not understand?
No one cares if we have a good chance at top 4. That's our problem, not theirs.
It's Paratici's job to find quality players that Conte likes and will fit our system and who will say Yes.

It's Levy's job to stump up the money these clubs are asking for rather than haggling over a few quid meaning we invariably lose out on a player like Tomiyasu and end up with a fucking dud like Royal.

That's their job and they are fucking shit at it. And stop saying its the same for every other club, Look at Woolwich and Man Utd's spend. THAT is called ambition.

Stop making excuses for them, they've had weeks. Paratici has been here since the summer, he should have a very long list that we should be moving through.

Not 1-2 names like Vlahovic and Kessie (oh sorry we didn't get them, I guess we are fucked until the summer)

Demand a bit more from your club rather than shilling for the greedy bastards at ENIC.

Maybe not directly, but I fully believe that whilst there is a strong chance we will sign Amrabat, whereas we absolutely will not sign anyone to address the lack of creativity/goals in our squad.

In that event, any signing such as Amrabat who does nothing but pad out our array of stodgy workmanlike midfielders, is going to be on the receiving end of my online ire.
I live in hope with every signing. Naïve perhaps. But I won’t get on a players back because I disagree with the clubs transfer business. Not his fault.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom