January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently even that Tanner from Lewes is an avid gooner ,was liking tweets mocking us within the last week :contefacepalm2:
It’s fine we will do an ironic video of him deleting tweets upon signing and then he will underperform until he’s lost all resale value.

LMAO at this black&white argument. It's almost as if those pathetic fans want us to sign quality players and not shit? You cannot be serious with this

To be fair, it's a very demanding fanbase which wants the club to sign players who add something for the first team. We're all being a bit spoiled. I'm sure Fiorentina have some absolute world class talent in the middle of the park keeping this man out of the team.

It really is poor over and over again our transfer policy.

We have the best manager in the world, I'm sure nobody expect 5 signings in Jan but fucking hell we desperately need atleast 2 players of starting 11 quality and again, Paratici invoked, hitchen involved, same old policy.

There's no way Paratici and Hitchen have actual financial control, the policy seems to be a mirror of every other year before they came.

Someone needs to scream in these mugs faces and make it clear we currently have Ndombele and Lo Celso as good as gone after doing fuck all. Sessengnon struggles. Bergwijn has been half out the door, these are all our big signings over recent years so our transfer policy is garbage.

This is after turning down the chance to sign some world class players aswell.

It is scandalous as this point they're taking in millions upon millions yet we're playing with the quality we have.

Imagine if Kane, Lloris and Son weren't with us. My god, relegation, its just not good enough

Why the **** has it taken so long for Traore to be announced?! I thought this would’ve been confirmed last week!
I suspect Levy wants to knock a few million off the price so is doing his usual chicken routine. I imagine he will put in a derisory offer about 18 hours before the transfer window shuts.

Because he is an utter cunt.

Some (most) fans are pathetic. They say to sign someone and when its Amrabat they are not happy and melting down.

It's a loan and we would get rid of Ndombele. I see this as a win.
Fair play mate. I actually thought you were being serious for a few seconds

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

To be fair, it's a very demanding fanbase which wants the club to sign players who add something for the first team. We're all being a bit spoiled. I'm sure Fiorentina have some absolute world class talent in the middle of the park keeping this man out of the team.
Watford are probably kicking themselves they never heard of this guy. Would fit in well with their usual mediocre signings.

I can see Conte not waiting until the end of the season to walk. The fact we are no where near signing Traore than a week ago is utter bs. We needed the first 11 to get stronger but Levy has just laughed at the fan base because there is no way we should be scrambling like this with a week to go in the transfer window.

Agreed.
but is it just us, or is it we don't notice other clubs doing it?
just trying to make myself feel better here...

There's DEFINITELY an element of that. We're not following the ITKs of other teams, so we don't see the 'also ran's. Also, we want EVERY name we like and are linked with to work out, but it doesn't, so we feel let down way more often than other team's fans, it seems.

Confirmation bias is rife.

BUT, I believe we are one of a few teams that are actually being kept 'at arms length' by the bigger clubs. We are scaring them, trying to take their shit. They are making life difficult as often as they can (these are just the ways I can think of and ignore the agent's own efforts to drive up interest and prices):

1. Not selling to a rival.
2. Making 'enquiries' to players we want, to drive up the price. This forces us to overpay or wait until it's clear the other 'big' club isn't going to pay.
3. Outbidding us/paying more weekly wages.
4. Stating interest in looking at players 'in the summer' etc. This makes them hesitate to sign early.

There are probably loads of other ways they make life harder, but we're in conspiracy land at that point).

Arguably the above applies to any team, not just teams at the top, but that 'top 4' bracket means the difference these tactics make are way more important than for teams finishing 8th or 14th.

By now, we should be well aware of this shit and have a scouting team and connections to undermine it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom