January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2025: Ndombele
2026: Royal

This Is Fine GIF

I was expecting one in one out.

Moving on both Dele and Ndombele would be a good bit of business. If they’re both on a perm it would be great start for the summer window.
I reckon Dele could have had a loan as good as Lingard's but I don't think he fits in with Conte's plans so a loan with a buy option is probs best for both us and him. Shame IMO.

Its great that we’ve tied down Lloris for another couple of years, but I haven’t heard any rumblings about backup keepers. With all three of them out of contract this year the club must have been thinking about it?
Gollini hasn’t impressed me so I hope they’re not planning on activating the option to buy on his loan deal.

Mildly apprehensive but also a bit excited about Traore. I do see a possibility of Conte turning him into a much better player. Also think the "can't cross, can't pass" talk is bs. His finishing is crap. 19/20 season I think he is was excellent throughout, if we can get that player 20m is a snip.

Not worried about his end product, I think he has the ability and we have the manager to get that from him. Biggest worry is how playing him at rwb will effect us defensively, Royal is a pretty solid defensive presence despite some poor moments.

I reckon Dele could have had a loan as good as Lingard's but I don't think he fits in with Conte's plans so a loan with a buy option is probs best for both us and him. Shame IMO.
Yea it really is. But we’ve reached a point where he’s had numerous times to prove himself over the last few years and it never really happened.

Someone else mentioned it a while ago but he seems to lose focus as the season goes on. I had hope for him over the summer as he seemed really dedicated to getting his form back, but other than the Liverpool game he never did anything of note.
Maybe he needs a run if game to get his confidence back, but I just can’t see it happening at spurs.
Probably best for both parties to part ways.

I love that we're signing Adama, but the news of 3 going is even better for me. Hopefully Dele and Ndombele, and I suspect the 3rd one is Rodon.

Why?

We need first team players, if all we do is bring in Adama and move guys out that isn't good enough.

And that is assuming we stay relatively healthy.

Its great that we’ve tied down Lloris for another couple of years, but I haven’t heard any rumblings about backup keepers. With all three of them out of contract this year the club must have been thinking about it?
Gollini hasn’t impressed me so I hope they’re not planning on activating the option to buy on his loan deal.
Gollini was meant to be his replacement imo but it shows the value of the loan with an option, I'm sure we pay a big fee to persuade clubs but at least we're not on the hook for the full fee.

Mildly apprehensive but also a bit excited about Traore. I do see a possibility of Conte turning him into a much better player. Also think the "can't cross, can't pass" talk is bs. His finishing is crap. 19/20 season I think he is was excellent throughout, if we can get that player 20m is a snip.

Not worried about his end product, I think he has the ability and we have the manager to get that from him. Biggest worry is how playing him at rwb will effect us defensively, Royal is a pretty solid defensive presence despite some poor moments.
Can’t agree with this sadly. I just don’t see him developing an end product Conte or not.
Suffer defensively, don’t gain much of anything up front.
I think he will be the biggest meh player we’ve signed a while (and that’s saying something) and will soon be warming the bench more than he’s on the pitch.

Baffling signing and a waste of good money imo.

Back
Top Bottom