January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazzetta is a fairly unreliable source is it not?

Plus the wording of that seems to be so that they can claim that they were right but things didn't work out because Dele didn't leave, he left too late. things changed etc.

The move doesn't make sense for either sides really and it seems like a very lazy kind of rumour to report.

Di Marzio now running with the eriksen stuff aswell, could be something in it. Obviously if he came back as peak eriksen I would take it but can’t see this deal ending well if it happens.

We’ve now been linked with:

Milkenkovic - CB - fee
Sabitzer - CM - fee
Eriksen - ACM - loan
Perisic - AM - loan

A lot of potential transfers but I wouldn’t mind:

Milenkovic in, Sanchez out
Perisic in, 2 of Bale, Moura or Lamela out

We may have to wait until the summer for Sabitzer.

We’ve now been linked with:

Milkenkovic - CB - fee
Sabitzer - CM - fee
Eriksen - ACM - loan
Perisic - AM - loan

A lot of potential transfers but I wouldn’t mind:

Milenkovic in, Sanchez out
Perisic in, 2 of Bale, Moura or Lamela out

We may have to wait until the summer for Sabitzer.
Mourinho like Lucas. Lamela maybe could happen...

Shit link but Mourinhi clearly loves him

The type of move I could actually see happening. Inter don’t want him and we’d get him cheap. He’s old, so probably wouldn’t demand a long contract. Could contribute for a year or two.

Then focus on proper long-term signings like Sabitzer, Milenkovic/Skriniar/whatever CB in the summer when real signings can be made.

The type of move I could actually see happening. Inter don’t want him and we’d get him cheap. He’s old, so probably wouldn’t demand a long contract. Could contribute for a year or two.

Then focus on proper long-term signings like Sabitzer, Milenkovic/Skriniar/whatever CB in the summer when real signings can be made.
He'd be a good deal better than Lucas, Lamela and Bale, but at the same time, but we definitely need to get rid of at least one of our 3 useless RW.

He’s 31, not exactly old in modern football terms. He is however still performing to a very high standard unlike Bale. Given his style I would expect at least another 2 possibly 3 years out of him.

With the current Covid climate; I wouldn't bank on any big $ transfers. More likely loans. Logic says that with GLC injured frequently, Ndombele can't be expected to play 2 games a week until the end of the season. So the Eriksen link seems believable to me. Knows the club, knows the players, knows the tactics, knows the EPL and crucially - never ever ever been injured. Mr reliable.

I think Lamela is done and there’s a very high chance he’ll leave this month:

- works hard but doesn’t contribute many assists or goals
- woeful injury record
- out of contract in 18 months
- Covid debacle
- Now been done for speeding twice and is awaiting a 3rd court date for speeding

With the current Covid climate; I wouldn't bank on any big $ transfers. More likely loans. Logic says that with GLC injured frequently, Ndombele can't be expected to play 2 games a week until the end of the season. So the Eriksen link seems believable to me. Knows the club, knows the players, knows the tactics, knows the EPL and crucially - never ever ever been injured. Mr reliable.
the only question is, is his head still in it?

Downside is he was poo for Spurs for the last 18 months and he’s also been poo for Inter for the last 12 months. That’s 2 and a half years of been crap. Remind you of anyone? Bale and look how that loan has turned out, a disaster.

Downside is he was poo for Spurs for the last 18 months and he’s also been poo for Inter for the last 12 months. That’s 2 and a half years of been crap. Remind you of anyone? Bale and look how that loan has turned out, a disaster.

Eriksen has only played 300 mins of football this season; and that is in sporadic appearances.

Last season his head clearly wasn't in it - but he still managed a goal or assist every 190 minutes - which is a better return that ANY of our midfielders atm.

It is encouraging that his performances for Denmark have been good - with 9 goals, 4 assists in his last 14 competitive international games. A goal or assist every 90 minutes - Even Kane and Son would be happy with that return.

Back
Top Bottom