January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimani wants to return to PL - Spurs and ManU named as being interested

Text :
France Football report that Algerian international centre forward Islam Slimani has now asked to leave AS Monaco and for the Principality side to cancel his season-long loan from Leicester City six months early.

Slimani is hoping to return to the Premier League this month, with talks ongoing between his entourage and Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United.

Slimani had an awesome first half of the season, being paired with Wissam Ben Yedder, but the ex-Sporting Portugal man is resigned to the fact that new coach Robert Moreno will stick with a 4-3-3 for the remainder of the season and thus prevent him from making consistent starts.

He feels that Monaco have been ungrateful towards him.

Why would he Honestly want to come back? He was terrible in England and is actually doing well in France.

Talks ongoing blah, blah in short: We want a loan with an option, they want rid.

If it's £30m get him in and if it comes down to it and he doesn't light things up we'd probably be able to flog him to Getafe or Lazio for £20m or so in a year or two at worst.

If he was a £60m 28 year old I see the huge risk, but for a 24 year old who'd command a good sell on value I say we stop flicking the bean and go in for the kill.

If it's £30m get him in and if it comes down to it and he doesn't light things up we'd probably be able to flog him to Getafe or Lazio for £20m or so in a year or two at worst.

If he was a £60m 28 year old I see the huge risk, but for a 24 year old who'd command a good sell on value I say we stop flicking the bean and go in for the kill.

Agree completely but......:levywtf:

I imagine the "£60m 28 year old" bit is a dig at William José. I don't know how many times I have to explain this but he isn't a £60m 28 year old, he's a £21m 28 year old. £60m (well, £59m/€70m) is his legally-required buy out clause, there's no suggestion whatsoever that Real Sociedad have ever sought that. Indeed, if they were, a club interested in signing him wouldn't have to negotiate a damn thing with RS, they'd only need to agree wages with WJ and then pop into the offices of La Liga with seventy million euro coins and buy his existing contract (contracts here belong to the league).

From all reports in the local press, Real Sociedad want €25 million, Spurs won't budge from €15 million (£21m/£11m).

I've no idea which is the better player (personally, like most I suppose, I'll be delighted with which ever one JM prefers) but it doesn't help if the facts aren't being presented accurately

I simply haven't seen much of him to contribute to this.

The market is still very strange, would have said the same about Jansen, he wasn't bought for a fortune (relative terms) and was on comparatively low wages, I thought we could shift him no problem given these factors, be that back Europe (mainly Spain, Italy or France) probably not Dutch league as it will mean a pay cut, but a top team in Turkey could have afforded his wages but we were stuck with him!

I imagine the "£60m 28 year old" bit is a dig at William José. I don't know how many times I have to explain this but he isn't a £60m 28 year old, he's a £21m 28 year old. £60m (well, £59m/€70m) is his legally-required buy out clause, there's no suggestion whatsoever that Real Sociedad have ever sought that. Indeed, if they were, a club interested in signing him wouldn't have to negotiate a damn thing with RS, they'd only need to agree wages with WJ and then pop into the offices of La Liga with seventy million euro coins and buy his existing contract (contracts here belong to the league).

From all reports in the local press, Real Sociedad want €25 million, Spurs won't budge from €15 million (£21m/£11m).

I've no idea which is the better player (personally like most I suppose I'll be delighted with which ever one JM prefers) but it doesn't help if the facts aren't being presented accurately
Doesn’t matter if it’s euros or pounds mate, 60,000,000 is a hell of a lot of money for a 28 year old.

:mourglasses:

Slimani wants to return to PL - Spurs and ManU named as being interested

Text :
France Football report that Algerian international centre forward Islam Slimani has now asked to leave AS Monaco and for the Principality side to cancel his season-long loan from Leicester City six months early.

Slimani is hoping to return to the Premier League this month, with talks ongoing between his entourage and Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United.

Slimani had an awesome first half of the season, being paired with Wissam Ben Yedder, but the ex-Sporting Portugal man is resigned to the fact that new coach Robert Moreno will stick with a 4-3-3 for the remainder of the season and thus prevent him from making consistent starts.

He feels that Monaco have been ungrateful towards him.

Stories around this guy smell of utter bullshit

Typical Levy bullshit. Spend 25 mill on Sessegnon and spend another 30 on Clinton Njie v.2 and then becomes a cheap cunt for a target man we so desperately need.

My understanding of Piatek is he's not a target man/back to goal sort of player. He's more a fox in the box and doesn't do much in terms of build up play. The way he was described reminded more of like Roberto Soldado than say Fernando Llorente.

Score 10 goals a year in prem youre worth 30m.

Piatek could easily be a 20 a year striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom