January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said that in the summer. I gave our transfer business 6/10 when the window closed. For a clever guy, I don't understand your need to make stuff up. It's why I don't always bother engaging with you.

Why would we need to buy anyone in the next window? This one's been so fabulous that we are all set up for the next 3 years.

I know there is still time, but I am disappointed we have not managed to shift more of our squad players.

Relieved we finally got Lo Celso, but overall, it's been a real mixed bag for me. We've let problems pile up for years, and it was always going to be a big ask to rectify them all in one window.

Bothered that Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Eriksen are running down their contracts.

Make stuff up? Show proof my man. You are mistaking yourself for BC. I've never done that to you or anyone else...not BC. And when he calls me on it I come clean quickly.

First off, nothing you quote says you wanted 2-3 more in the summer. And though it could have happened I cannot remember you saying anything in private. Admittedly I do know your more candid views on some players so I can admit it wouldn't be surprising if you did feel that way. But that's not what I'm referencing and you know it. When you were banging your daily #PochOut drum that you now say you wanted out were miraculously held back by poch's stupid training methods, ridiculous tactics, etc etc = revision. But now it's the players because Mou...

We need to bring in Ander Capa to replace Aurier at RB.

Great RB playing for Athletic Bilbao. Just scored against Sevilla as well.

Personally l think that is clutching at straws.
Your correct in thinking that Dier and Sissoko are a carthorse shit midfield.
Oliver has shown nothing to say his any improvement. His occasional outings have been timid bland light weight affairs , never shown anything to justify a starting place , along with sideway shuffling Winks we have so little quality in central midfield.
Only are tubby injury prone new signing has any real ability . We have to buy to steady the ship and not another prospect but proven ready to go class if we are going to get out of this crap hole.

disagree with this. Positionally he’s better than Sissoko and Winks and his passing is more akin to Winks than Dier.
Point is, why not give him a game (or 5) to prove whether he is or isn’t good enough

We need another striker in this window. It’s absolute madness to only have one striker. Sure Son can play there very well but by doing that then we miss him in his natural position. There can’t be another team in the country who only has one striker. We really should have replaced Llorente.

Make stuff up? Show proof my man. You are mistaking yourself for BC. I've never done that to you or anyone else...not BC. And when he calls me on it I come clean quickly.

First off, nothing you quote says you wanted 2-3 more in the summer. And though it could have happened I cannot remember you saying anything in private. Admittedly I do know your more candid views on some players so I can admit it wouldn't be surprising if you did feel that way. But that's not what I'm referencing and you know it. When you were banging your daily #PochOut drum that you now say you wanted out were miraculously held back by poch's stupid training methods, ridiculous tactics, etc etc = revision. But now it's the players because Mou...

I had to beg you to watch the CL Final because you said Poch had fucked up his team selection.

You said he was too loyal to underperforming players. You said he didn't know what made his teams tick. You said he had a poor eye for a player. You said he was a lousy tactician, and was not capable of learning from his mistakes. You said his philosophy was passion.

I say you are mixed up.

I could get you a viable list in one day. There are people at our club stealing a living. I recall banging on about Teilemans when he was at Anderlecht then struggling at Monaco. I was doing the Same about Benjamin heinrichs. I dont know how they are getting away with it

Yes, scouting should be better, but in the case of Tielemans and others it's been Poch turning them down tho....

I had to beg you to watch the CL Final because you said Poch had fucked up his team selection.
Yes. I said we were doomed to lose if Harry was chosen because there is nothing in Harry's locker, specifically when coming back from injury and considering the way we were set up to play, that would allow him to better VVD. And my opinion was vindicated.

You said he was too loyal to underperforming players.
He was and his loyalty was the death of him. And this might blow your mind Five but I totally respect him for it.

You said he didn't know what made his teams tick.
And the folks that always decried Dembele's work didn't either. Do you know any of those people? I was surprised that he seemed to undervalue the dominating CM2 and the unparalleled athleticism of our FBs (specifically Walker) as a contribution to our success and suck off the attackers who all have their weaknesses on display without those parts.

You said he had a poor eye for a player.
I did but have now tempered that with the understanding that he was choosing amongst shit second choices and attempting to pick the least smelly turd. But without being privy to the true info from behind the scenes it might me more wise not to conclude anything here.

You said he was a lousy tactician,
Don't think I ever stated it that way but perhaps I did. What I did say was he was reliant on plan A and if that didn't work then do Plan A harder and with more passion.

and was not capable of learning from his mistakes.
Perhaps he didn't see them as mistakes and they were just poor execution of plan A. IDK. But our games against Liverpool support and stubbornness or inability to take on the lesson on offer.

You said his philosophy was passion.
Sometime it felt like this in lieu of an actual tactical plan. it did get us far.

I say you are mixed up.
I say you are projecting.

ENYRlfKWkAkzI6w

Is Koulibaly really that good?

Not a sarcastic question. I’ve seen him in the CL and he looked great but does he perform like that week in, week out for Napoli?

Is Koulibaly really that good?

Not a sarcastic question. I’ve seen him in the CL and he looked great but does he perform like that week in, week out for Napoli?
He is a Beast, very strong and quick and reasonable on the ball. He would be ideal for us but cant see us paying the cash for him unfortunately

If we’re going for a striker in January to help cover Kane then it needs to be one with EPL experience. Ings would be perfect.

I thought he'd make a decent back up right after he scored against us. He is a decent player.

However, Southampton are highly dependent on him. There's no way they're going to sell him in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom